2020 Grand Final Thread - Richmond v Geelong - Gabba

Who Wins The 2020 Premiership? Margin

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just comparing McLeod with Dusty for a moment, cant believe more has never been made of the robbery of the 2001 Brownlow Medal to go with his 2 Norm Smith Medals.

McLeod

35 disposals, 1 goal and the Crows won by 10+ goals. 0 votes

McLeod lost the Bronwlow by 2 votes to Aker (worthy recipient) but this is just so wrong.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Why was Jordan Clark not playing?
Fit enough to do the sprint.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Good question, he's the most talented of their kids IMO

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
But they shouldn’t, he literally punched the ball and then a split second later is supposed to remove his arm completely from the situation?
I had this very discussion with my old man last night.

Of course they shouldn't be suspended, but the AFL have shown they are more concerned with outcomes not actions.

If Tex did that he'd miss a month.

Jun 6, 2010
Viana do Castelo (Portugal)
AFL Club
Adelaide
Up there with Massie on Franklin.
This is worse. There weren't alot of other options for Franklin really.

How can a coach in a grandfinal justify to the fans he thought Duncan and old man Selwood would get it done against a big game player like Dusty. Even had an opportunity towards end of 3rd to wrestle momentum but still refused to move Danger into the midfield. Thats hideous coaching at its worst. To have that mindset in a 26 to 9 point turn around from half time is mind boggling.

Did anyone notice the resemblance to the Crows 97 98 grand final quarter by quarter margins and the way the game played out.

In both grand finals the Crows got out the blocks before North and St Kilda dominated the first half. Pretty much on par with Geelong. Then like Adelaide, Richmond found another gear, came storming back to be in front by only a few points leading into the final term than again in the last Richmond stormed away to win by 30 plus points exactly like Adelaide did. It was eerie similar.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Dusty, worthy Norm Smith Medalist on and off the field as well.

View attachment 994497
It’s Brooke Cotchin, there’s a video on Facebook with her and Trent. He’s a screen grab, same clothes.
Dusty lived with them for awhile.
30EC60AE-BF72-4235-BFCD-65A3918009E5.png

Now I want to watch the 98 GF again!

Interestingly it played out a similar way to last nights game.

Roos should have put us away at HT and won the game.

We came back hard in the second half.

I want to know who this Crows poster is??? lol

lol.png

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
As coach you have to be a special kind of arrogant if you think you can take your best on baller out of the midfield to play forward and think you will still beat a Cotchin and Martin lead midfield especially when Martin was single handedly ripping Geelong a new a hole

I still remember when he took over from Bomber "Meth" Thompson, and won the cup in his first year and everyone said he was an amazing coach, ignoring the fact they used the same gameplan and had a list that was three streets in front of everyone else.

When do the photos of topless women wearing premiership medallions get released.

My first thought was is it hours or days?

Apsaalooke

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Ozark Mountain Daredevils
This is worse. There weren't alot of other options for Franklin really.

How can a coach in a grandfinal justify to the fans he thought Duncan and old man Selwood would get it done against a big game player like Dusty. Even had an opportunity towards end of 3rd to wrestle momentum but still refused to move Danger into the midfield. Thats hideous coaching at its worst. To have that mindset in a 26 to 9 point turn around from half time is mind boggling.

Did anyone notice the resemblance to the Crows 97 98 grand final quarter by quarter margins and the way the game played out.

In both grand finals the Crows got out the blocks before North and St Kilda dominated the first half. Pretty much on par with Geelong. Then like Adelaide, Richmond found another gear, came storming back to be in front by only a few points leading into the final term than again in the last Richmond stormed away to win by 30 plus points exactly like Adelaide did. It was eerie similar.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
There was very good option actually. Nathan Bock was the perfect match up and was begging Craig to be put on Franklin at the breaks.
Massie had done OK on Franklin during a home game during the season when it was pouring with rain but that's very different to a final on a clear day in Melbourne.

Not old enough for Geelong

maxlilly

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2009
over here
AFL Club
Adelaide
I find it strange that Geelong recruited Josh Jenkins and then never give him a game when they are crying out for more forward targets.
Couldn't have done worse than Rohan and I bearly saw Hawkins all game

Dec 4, 2014
Top End of Aussie
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Not sure why the Ablett hate. The man is a humble legend. Not to mention what he is going through with his son.

I lost my 4 year old son to leukemia last year. Would not wish that on anybody.

Nothing but the utmost respect for the bloke being able to continue on and wish him all the best.
Sorry for the loss of your son
I haven’t seen you post for a long time

Back