2020 Grand Final Thread - Richmond v Geelong - Gabba

Who Wins The 2020 Premiership? Margin

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Rohan was pretty good v Lions so not surprised he kept his spot. Plus he’s their missing piece up forward

But then they were all pretty good v Lions then went missing last night

As a missing piece he fits their profile: too old too slow

That draft couldn't have gone worse for us.

James Sellar
Kurt Tippett
David Mackay

James Fantasia was a woeful recruiter for us. That legitimately may have been his best haul.

James Fantasia was a woeful recruiter for us. That legitimately may have been his best haul.

Reilly, Douglas and Talia are the only first round picks we've had play more than 200 games aren't they?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Danger is actually a great kick around the ground and also at goal when there is little weighing on the result. Kicked a massive bomb from outside 50m during the season and great goal on the boundary vs the Lions last week, but not much was resting on those kicks.

Unfortunately for him the pressure of the situation hits him hard, its a massive flaw and makes it hard for him to be positioned as a reliable key forward.

You are correct, he can clunk a big mark and can crash packs. Its purely his mental side of the game that hurts his goal kicking, as he has the weapons to kick long and straight.
I noted Danger having a few puffs on an asthma puffer / inhaler before the game and I can't help but wonder if this was why he wasn't used more in the midfield. High humidity from the storms during the day wouldn't have helped if he is asthmatic. That said - start of the 3rd, when everyone knew Richmond would up the ante, he should've at least started there.

Geelong didn't finish the season on top of the ladder, nor did they lose to a massively underrated Richmond side.
He did have a worse game.

People went after Tex due to the "speech" rather than his game.

Danger was injured

Tex speech wasn’t great, but we lost what do you want?
I still feel James Hird speech in 2001 after they lost to Brisbane was worst and they won the previous year he even got the Norm Smith in 2000 as well.

Back