2020 Grand Final Thread - Richmond v Geelong - Gabba

Who Wins The 2020 Premiership? Margin

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong played a great first half, but that just ran out of breath. Dusty and co got the job done nicely in the end with the mostly Richmond crowd cheering them on. Good game. Great goals by Martin.

Just comparing McLeod with Dusty for a moment, cant believe more has never been made of the robbery of the 2001 Brownlow Medal to go with his 2 Norm Smith Medals.

McLeod

35 disposals, 1 goal and the Crows won by 10+ goals. 0 votes

McLeod lost the Bronwlow by 2 votes to Aker (worthy recipient) but this is just so wrong.

Ricciuto had 35 disposals with 5 goals, so I presume 3 votes can be taken from the table. Mark Stevens kicked 5 from 18 touches, so not an outrageous 2 vote polled. Perrie got 1 for 5 goals from 14 touches.

Ricciuto had 35 disposals with 5 goals, so I presume 3 votes can be taken from the table. Mark Stevens kicked 5 from 18 touches, so not an outrageous 2 vote polled. Perrie got 1 for 5 goals from 14 touches.
Brownlow votes are not just based on disposal aggregates.

McLeod had the finer game of all the players that day. Should have got 3 votes and was robbed, at worst should have got 2 to tie for the Brownlow.

Think it was the game vs freo where he should have probably polled but didn’t.

Brownlow votes are not just based on disposal aggregates.

McLeod had the finer game of all the players that day. Should have got 3 votes and was robbed, at worst should have got 2 to tie for the Brownlow.

What? Firstly, you know the award is flawed, it's the umpires giving the votes, they can't judge who had a "finer game". And how is the fact that every vote went to a player with a 5 goal haul regarded as having anything to do with disposal aggregates? Stevens and Perrie had less than 20. If I'd listed 3 players with more touches, then that would be valid, but it's not. You mentioned the metrics by which you based your view, touches and goals, I simply provided the same for the polling players. Only Roo having more touches for your aggregate disposal claim to be valid.

Clearly the umpires in that game thought the goal kickers were more worthy of votes. Would be interested to see how often 5+ goal hauls are ignored by the umpires.

Just comparing McLeod with Dusty for a moment, cant believe more has never been made of the robbery of the 2001 Brownlow Medal to go with his 2 Norm Smith Medals.

McLeod

35 disposals, 1 goal and the Crows won by 10+ goals. 0 votes

McLeod lost the Bronwlow by 2 votes to Aker (worthy recipient) but this is just so wrong.

How Macca didn’t get a Brownlow vote for his 37 possession and 1 goal game vs Freo in the R22 loss to Freo in 2001 still baffles me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How Macca didn’t get a Brownlow vote for his 37 possession and 1 goal game vs Freo in the R22 loss to Freo in 2001 still baffles me.

It's one of the greatest travesties of justice in the history of the medal - and it barely rated a mention in the VicMedia at the time.

But did you guys know Chris Grant and Corey McKernan should have won Brownlows? Not sure if you've ever heard about those ones 🙄

40 point loss makes it hard. Peter Bell got it 44 times and licked 3 goals. Adrian Fletcher 33 and 1, Heath black 32 and 2. Probably deserved 1 or 2, but probably not far enough ahead of the other 2 to get past the size of the loss. Umpires are simple creatures.

Edit - in this context.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Patrick Dangerfield won the Leon Davis Medal

😂

Back