Competitions 2020 GWS Goalkicking Knockout Competition

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
OK GWS posters, we'll run a knockout goalkicking competition again this year, similar to the last two years. The reward will be bragging rights on this board, and a shiny badge for your profile.

In short, the aim is for posters to nominate GWS players they think will kick goals in games, and if they do, you pass that round and move onwards. If your nominated players don't kick a goal that round, unfortunately you're out. It's a bit of fun with (minor) bragging rights and a shiny badge for your profile page to the winner.

Playing conditions:

1. If you want to play, you need to post in this thread before the first bounce of our first game (21 March) with your nominated players.

2. Nominate a primary (P), secondary (S) and reserve (R) player. e.g. P - Jezza; S - Cogs; R - Lloyd.

3. I'm using more than the usual one player because with our likely small number of participants, I don't want to finish too early in the season! (Which we have done each of the last two years when we've had a game with really low scores - hopefully this year is different!)

4. If you don't specifically annotate P, S & R, I'll assign those designations in the order you name your players.

5. For each week, I'll use the nominated primary and secondary player - provided one of those kicks a goal in that round, you'll pass the round.

6. One limitation is that posters may only choose one of Jeremy Cameron & Toby Greene within your three selections. (If your selected player is out injured or suspended, you may substitute the unused player of Jezza or Toby for the length of their absence.)

7. If one or both of your primary or secondary players (who are regular first graders) is/are not playing - due to suspension or injury (before the game!) - then I'll substitute the reserve player as an active player. (If both primary & secondary players are out, then the reserve player becomes your only lifeline.) If all 3 players aren't playing, then sorry, you're going to be eliminated - unless you nominate new P & S players before the start of the Giants game that round. NOTE: This substitution will not be valid for simple player non-selection. You'll have to specifically name a replacement.

8. Posters can re-nominate their P, S & R players before kick-off each round to account for omissions, injuries & suspensions. Rule 7 allows those away or lazy to not be too disadvantaged. You may choose to renominate players each week, or simply keep your initially selected players all the way through (which is what most do).

9. If we retain most participants deep into the competition, then I'll narrow requirements (e.g. nominate the primary player needing to kick a goal) before the game starts.

10. I reserve the right to cause posters to change their selected players at some future point, if required to achieve a result (e.g. if 2 posters have exactly the same nominated players). I'll aim to make it fair on all participants.

11. For the fun of it, I'll participate, but won't be eligible to win & my entry will be ignored in determining the winner.

12. The winner is the last remaining poster who has a nominated player who has kicked a goal. If unbelievably too many people stay in until the end, I'll use a countback system - around your primary player's goal-scoring. I dount that will be the case though, given our past performance!

13. If in a single round, multiple players are knocked out such that no-one remains, there will be a tie-breaker process to choose a winner. ALternatively, I may choose to ignore the results of the week that knocked the remaining players out and reinstate the knocked-out players to continue.

14. Competition is open to all GWS badged posters, and regular dual citizen posters (e.g. dlanod, Pres, kulak, Drummond). If you'd like to play and you're not sure, just ask. I do need you to have some GWS affiliation.

15. Winner gets a badge awarded by BigFooty.

So, any questions, drop a post in here or PM me. Remember, you need to nominate by 7.25pm 21st March - I'd reckon we need at least 10 participants to make it worthwhile but love to see lots of interest (it's pretty easy after all!).

Good luck!

P: Toby Greene
S: Stephen Coniglio
R: Harry Himmelberg

As stated, I'm just in for the fun of the game & cannot win!

Determinant - yeah, you have to change out Jezza (or Toby) in regards rule 6!
lol sorry, just posted without reading the OP :)

Greene
Kelly
Cumming

Round 1
Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
OK, ready to go for round 1.

No late outs, so we're looking for:

dlanod: Cameron, Langdon

Ppollen: Cameron, Coniglio

Ichabod Noodle: Cameron, Coniglio

Callums_Gun: Cameron, Himmelberg

GWS Goose: Greene, Coniglio

Gigantic: Greene, Coniglio

Giant Strides: Greene, Coniglio

Determinant: Greene, Kelly

Giant Gutsache: Finlayson, Kelly

Good luck everyone!!

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Damn it completely missed this.

Umm Perryman and Greene?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll cut you some slack as a veteran poster - who do you want to nominate as your 3 players and I'll slot you into the comp since everyone went through.

I'll extend that out to any other GWS board posters who want to join belatedly given the strange circumstances of this year!

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
I'll cut you some slack as a veteran poster - who do you want to nominate as your 3 players and I'll slot you into the comp since everyone went through.

I'll extend that out to any other GWS board posters who want to join belatedly given the strange circumstances of this year!

Legend

Jezza, Cogs, Greene

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back