MFC Fans Only 2020 Herald Sun Supercoach Draft - The ToumpBowl

pjfairbairn

AFL Premiership Supporter, 2021
Feb 21, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Heavy defeat for me - not helped by O'Meara, L. Weller, Beams not playing, and the sub-50 scores from Callum Sinclair and Tim Kelly!

Lowest overall score of the round... and plenty to do! Tossing up whether to trade a couple or hold tight...

I'm sitting at 3-1 and my biggest decision every week is who to start and who to leave on the bench.

This week I had Z Jones (avg 93.25), Swallow (avg 98.5), T Miller (avg 85.25) and Caddy all on the bench

pjfairbairn

Feb 21, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'm sitting at 3-1 and my biggest decision every week is who to start and who to leave on the bench.

This week I had Z Jones (avg 93.25), Swallow (avg 98.5), T Miller (avg 85.25) and Caddy all on the bench

What a problem to have! It's early days... but I think a bit of surgery is in order for my mob..

pjfairbairn

Feb 21, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Curious you let me have Buddy, Topkent - excited about what he might achieve for me (and extremely conscious of the fact he can be a bust!)

Also I have no footy training tonight because of Easter, so in theory I should actually be able to amend my team selection based on when they're named this week, a real luxury! With Beams, O'Meara and Josh Kelly all fit and firing finally, I'm tipping my best week yet DeesFanTheMan!

DeesFanTheMan

Team Captain
Feb 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Cubs, NUFC
Curious you let me have Buddy, Topkent - excited about what he might achieve for me (and extremely conscious of the fact he can be a bust!)

Also I have no footy training tonight because of Easter, so in theory I should actually be able to amend my team selection based on when they're named this week, a real luxury! With Beams, O'Meara and Josh Kelly all fit and firing finally, I'm tipping my best week yet DeesFanTheMan!
Bring it on PJ!

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

Even if he has some good games now he's barely averaging 80. I'm ok with losing him, doesn't get enough of the ball

pjfairbairn

Feb 21, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Looking at the table, and the H2H makes it fairly fickle at times.

E.G: dee_mac has the 4th highest aggregate score, yet has a win/loss of 1:4.

I've personally been very fortunate to have the lowest against score thus far, helping me to a thoroughly undeserved 3:2, though I do have more faith in my team that at any other stage now.

booshboy is absolutely reaming us - do us a favour, Topkent, and grab a win in the H2H this weekend.

Looking at the table, and the H2H makes it fairly fickle at times.

E.G: dee_mac has the 4th highest aggregate score, yet has a win/loss of 1:4.

I've personally been very fortunate to have the lowest against score thus far, helping me to a thoroughly undeserved 3:2, though I do have more faith in my team that at any other stage now.

booshboy is absolutely reaming us - do us a favour, Topkent, and grab a win in the H2H this weekend.
There are clearly 2 top teams.

The rest are making up the numbers

pjfairbairn

Feb 21, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Pleased to go 4-2 after having two late withdrawals AGAIN (Fantasia + Franklin)! An average of 99 per player for the 16 who did play and Curnow with 112 on the bench - lowest active player Beams with 67.

Starting to think I have a really solid team and if I can get them all on the park (have only had 2 weeks with 18 players, and on both occasions had a player score under 25) that I could actually compete with the current big 3 (DeesFanTheMan, booshboy & next week's opponent, 00Stinger!)

Starting to get interesting..

DeesFanTheMan

Team Captain
Feb 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Cubs, NUFC
Pleased to go 4-2 after having two late withdrawals AGAIN (Fantasia + Franklin)! An average of 99 per player for the 16 who did play and Curnow with 112 on the bench - lowest active player Beams with 67.

Starting to think I have a really solid team and if I can get them all on the park (have only had 2 weeks with 18 players, and on both occasions had a player score under 25) that I could actually compete with the current big 3 (DeesFanTheMan, booshboy & next week's opponent, 00Stinger!)

Starting to get interesting..
booshboy is looking dominant.

pjfairbairn

Feb 21, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'm having a stinker of a week, even though I was lucky enough to turn on the radio just before the GWS game and hear that Kelly was a late withdrawal so I could swap him with Curnow.

I've had Beams (60), Lycett (50), Ebert (37), O'Meara (75), Wingard (49), Ellis (50), Heeney (68) massively under-achieve already. I'm 4/17 above Projected, compared to 00Stinger 5/11 (though admittedly he didn't remember to take out Robbie Gray).

What's the lowest score of the season? Cos I reckon I'm a sniff, looking at less than 1500

pjfairbairn

Feb 21, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'm having a stinker of a week, even though I was lucky enough to turn on the radio just before the GWS game and hear that Kelly was a late withdrawal so I could swap him with Curnow.

I've had Beams (60), Lycett (50), Ebert (37), O'Meara (75), Wingard (49), Ellis (50), Heeney (68) massively under-achieve already. I'm 4/17 above Projected, compared to 00Stinger 5/11 (though admittedly he didn't remember to take out Robbie Gray).

What's the lowest score of the season? Cos I reckon I'm a sniff, looking at less than 1500

Add 38 from Curnow and Fantasia withdrawing and I can't quite believe how confident I was a week or two ago

I thought the bench automatically acted as emergencies

Back