2020 HFC Pre Season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

A heap of HFC staff (Didn’t recognise any of them, and about six of them) at the Brisbane Airport today so the players must be close behind.
Frankly, the fires up here make for s**t air to breath at the moment. I attended the GC50 on the weekend and some running mates (super fit guys) abandoned at around the 40-45km mark due to the conditions. Not sure exposing your lungs to particulate-filled air makes for a great training regime. Kind of hoping they relocate.

Frankly, the fires up here make for s**t air to breath at the moment. I attended the GC50 on the weekend and some running mates (super fit guys) abandoned at around the 40-45km mark due to the conditions. Not sure exposing your lungs to particulate-filled air makes for a great training regime. Kind of hoping they relocate.

I reckon you should give the club a quick heads-up, sometimes the people in charge stop thinking about details once the plan has been placed....given you have first hand knowledge....reckon it's smart.

Sydney are doing their pre-season camp in Coffs Harbour at this moment, which I imagine would have even worse air quality. Based on that I doubt the club will be relocating it.

Based off a quick web search, doesn't appear to be any air quality issues in the Maroochydore area. https://apps.des.qld.gov.au/air-quality/View attachment 791523
That’s good. Have had fires in Noosa twice recently (north of there) so let’s hope it isn’t three times...

it’s quite crazy. Fires are starting in suburban grasses areas because it is so dry (bundamba). Also had fires on fringes of Ipswich and Logan. if you can see Springfield lakes, that is the site of the new lion’s facility. New beith had fires yesterday.
6035934C-F5B2-47E9-8243-B96965D27854.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Due to work commitments, I haven't been to training for a few weeks, but finally was able to head down this morning for a good session. Coffee from the Last Piece is still ordinary

Few of my observations from a Sam Mitchell run session

I agree with Axeman about his analysis on Morris (who's nickname is Tank after being recruited by Geoff "Tank" Morris"), he moves like Mark Le Cras. Quick, agile and a good tackle. I think he could play in 2020 in that small forward role if form/injuries to others....

Jeka is a big boy for 18y.o. Really like what I saw with his movement. He'll take time to develop though.

JOM didn't do a heck of a lot, not a concern though. Impey too doing little but great to see him atleast on the field

Morrison has put on a fair bit of size over summer. Ditto Walker.

Scully looks super fit as always. No lingering issues with that ankle.

I like everything that Kosi does. He's another big boy but surprisingly quick. Can take a grab.

Chad looks super happy and fit.

Patton has lost way more than 3kgs from his GWS days. His mobility stood out for me, moved well.

Frost is big. Lewis has put on size too and doesn't look to have any lingering issues from the shoulder surgery..

I don't see any development from Glass. Fear he isn't going anywhere.

Mitchell is in great shape, participated fully in the session. Rd 1 shouldn't be an issue.

Apologies its not super in depth, its hard when they're all in training gear to tell them apart. You just need to watch 1 player at a time for a few minutes and make of it what you can
All good. Thanks for your efforts, it is greatly appreciated by everyone on here 😃

Disagree, he'll definitely be going if there's no improvement ;)

PS - thanks for the training update, great reading

Due to work commitments, I haven't been to training for a few weeks, but finally was able to head down this morning for a good session. Coffee from the Last Piece is still ordinary

Few of my observations from a Sam Mitchell run session

I agree with Axeman about his analysis on Morris (who's nickname is Tank after being recruited by Geoff "Tank" Morris"), he moves like Mark Le Cras. Quick, agile and a good tackle. I think he could play in 2020 in that small forward role if form/injuries to others....

Jeka is a big boy for 18y.o. Really like what I saw with his movement. He'll take time to develop though.

JOM didn't do a heck of a lot, not a concern though. Impey too doing little but great to see him atleast on the field

Morrison has put on a fair bit of size over summer. Ditto Walker.

Scully looks super fit as always. No lingering issues with that ankle.

I like everything that Kosi does. He's another big boy but surprisingly quick. Can take a grab.

Chad looks super happy and fit.

Patton has lost way more than 3kgs from his GWS days. His mobility stood out for me, moved well.

Frost is big. Lewis has put on size too and doesn't look to have any lingering issues from the shoulder surgery..

Mitchell is in great shape, participated fully in the session. Rd 1 shouldn't be an issue.
Patton wasn't there today unless he came down really late

I also didn't notice Partington or the Academy kids....
Connor Downie was there I do not know the names of the rest of the kids but they were there. Partington only showed up for one session. He I think has gone back to Adelaide

Connor Downie was there I do not know the names of the rest of the kids but they were there. Partington only showed up for one session. He I think has gone back to Adelaide
Partington has signed a 3 year deal back at Glenelg so maybe got the word? (I'm not personally disappointed as he helped my beloved tigers break a 33 year drought!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back