2020 HFC Pre Season Training

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Sorry folks, nothing from me this week. These 5pm sessions really didn't gel with my schedule. Hopefully the club will ask me what suits before they pull a stunt like this again. I will be back on duty next week. Should get to multiple sessions.

Axe can you please do me a favour and make sure Tommy has these on all preseason? Ta

E5690ABC-FFB7-45E6-947D-9DBF1DA16468.jpeg

Dutchy16

Debutant
Nov 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
All players other than Impey trained tonight.

Hartley and Maginess trained with the main squad. Rest of the draftees will start next week.

No Minchington in attendance. No other non listed players there either.

Weather not good with some rain. Skills overall pretty good. Chad looks great. Matt Walker some strong hands in marking drills. Jono Patton running well. Overall a good session.

Sep 15, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
All players other than Impey trained tonight.

Hartley and Maginess trained with the main squad. Rest of the draftees will start next week.

No Minchington in attendance. No other non listed players there either.

Weather not good with some rain. Skills overall pretty good. Chad looks great. Matt Walker some strong hands in marking drills. Jono Patton running well. Overall a good session.

is this a sign he could have been told no space for him?
i am pretty sure I read somewhere the Hawks have one more list spot and that we had shown some interest in Partington
anyone know if there is any truth to this?

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Interested to know who takes part in rucking drills.

i keep wondering who would be third in line. At the moment its got to be TOB. Box hill would get a couple I suppose

On Topic

Team Captain
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Interested to know who takes part in rucking drills.

i keep wondering who would be third in line. At the moment its got to be TOB. Box hill would get a couple I suppose
McEvoy and Ceglar as our top 2. You would say Reeves is third. Lewis, Patton and Jeka are all quite tall and will likely take part in some ruck contests.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
McEvoy and Ceglar as our top 2. You would say Reeves is third. Lewis, Patton and Jeka are all quite tall and will likely take part in some ruck contests.

I'm understanding that, Just interested to see who takes part as a clue to the season. Putting Patton in there, who's had knee recos might be cause for debate.

On Topic

Team Captain
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm understanding that, Just interested to see who takes part as a clue to the season. Putting Patton in there, who's had knee recos might be cause for debate.
For what it's worth, I was thinking we would pick up another ruck to replace Pittonet who was our clear third with Reeves still a fair bit away. If we are worried about a guy jumping on a footy field then he probably shouldn't be playing.

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
For what it's worth, I was thinking we would pick up another ruck to replace Pittonet who was our clear third with Reeves still a fair bit away. If we are worried about a guy jumping on a footy field then he probably shouldn't be playing.
TOB was probably our 3rd

Sep 22, 2010
Hobart
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Roys SFA
I'm looking forward to watching this land of the giants approach play out. If you have good kicking skills going into tall clean hands it severely limits the impact small pressure players can have - e.g. Poppy is unlikely to spoil Lewis at full stretch. Add that we're mixing in some agility and flexibility and we're creating nightmare match-ups all over the ground.

I love how Clarko goes about it, always thinking a few steps ahead - hope this one plays out.

Dec 22, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm looking forward to watching this land of the giants approach play out. If you have good kicking skills going into tall clean hands it severely limits the impact small pressure players can have - e.g. Poppy is unlikely to spoil Lewis at full stretch. Add that we're mixing in some agility and flexibility and we're creating nightmare match-ups all over the ground.
I'm confused, why would Poppy be trying to spoil Lewis? They both play in the forward line.

Lickmesocks

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sam Mitchell pretty much ran the sesh. Impey and Big Boy boxing on the sidelines.
Will Day doing kicking work on the wing.
Worpel buzzing around everywhere.

Was colder than a mother in laws kiss at Waverley this morning .

Back