2020 HFC Pre Season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

it's not the blunt force impact to the head that matters, the headgear only stops the bruising/bleeding to the impact point. It doesn't help at all when it comes to how much the brain moves inside the skull and its impact with the inner cavity. If that makes sense.....
It does make sense.

The brain kinda needs a seat-belt & the skull needs internal airbags. Then, the brain won't rattle around hard, bouncing off the inside of the skull.

As you say, a helmet protects the external (& certainly wouldn't hurt the inside), but it won't stop the internal rattle caused by impact & inertia.

It does make sense.

The brain kinda needs a seat-belt & the skull needs internal airbags. Then, the brain won't rattle around hard, bouncing off the inside of the skull.

As you say, a helmet protects the external (& certainly wouldn't hurt the inside), but it won't stop the internal rattle caused by impact & inertia.

Yep, which will take another million years of evolution.

The truth of the matter is the human body wasn't designed to play 360 degree impact sports like footy. It was designed primarily for straight line running.

It does make sense.

IMO hard NFL style helmets may actually lead to more concussions than if NFL players were wearing no helmets.

-soft AFL/Rugby style helmets I reckon probably help a bit through softening impacts slightly, and causing less forceful hits with less brain movement in the skull.

Seriously feels like another country in Vic at the moment. Have had mild even cold weather pretty constantly and even rain. Feel for you up north
The weather I can handle, as for being surrounded by Queensland .......🥺

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn’t come here to check on Axeman’s training report, nah , no way, devil may care as far as I’m concerned.

I’m on holiday in Tassie with the Family. Back in Melb next week.
Enjoy your holiday in Tassie, can you give us a report on the ground condition at UTAS stadium :tearsofjoy:

IMO hard NFL style helmets may actually lead to more concussions than if NFL players were wearing no helmets.

-soft AFL/Rugby style helmets I reckon probably help a bit through softening impacts slightly, and causing less forceful hits with less brain movement in the skull.

Nathan Burke always wore a helmet and so did Dunstall for a short while, if nothing else they probably protect against cut eyebrows.

I’m on holiday in Tassie with the Family. Back in Melb next week.
Jeebus, work commitments, family holidays, wtf.

You sound like an imposter. I demand you return the real The_Axeman pronto

Updates from Smith and Bruest on training:

"Pepper is a hard nut. He loves to tackle"

"Day has been stepping a lot of the forwards"

"Patton is very mobile and a great field kick. He said he is 3kg lighter than normal. He has to work on his leading patterns to fit into our plan".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back