2020 HFC Pre Season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Sometimes I wonder where Smith's head is at. How hungry is he, coming off a fairly down season for him in 2019. I really want to see him have a career best season in 2020 where his game is more consistent.
Bit of a drastic post after coming second in a preseason time trial.

Maybe we should send him to BHH to teach him a lesson.

Huge training session today which had an intra and ended with the time trial which we all know Finn won. Scully didn't participate. Some how i feel Scully didn't because the coaches didn't want to dishearten the rest lol. It was a long session 2.5 hours before the time trial.

The rehabbers
Howe, Wingard, Cuz, Morris , CJ, moore and scrimshaw (For most of the session)

Scrimshaw and moore played the first 10 minutes of the intra before going off to run

They did the regular warm up before a 15 minute qtr. It was the orange v blues. Orange team had the best 22 midfield vs mitchell, finn, jones etc. Orange also had the number1 forwards v blue with number 1 defenders barring i think sic anyways 10 seconds in and TOB had marked in the forward line of a Jaegar center break Our play wasn't as clean as it has been this summer. A few turnovers especially kicking the ball inside 50 Mitchell made quite a few errors but he will play round 1 IMO barring any setbacks. Day will be something once again finding himself in the right place showed real courage as the pack bore down on him didn't take the mark but didn't flinch either.

The orange team won the qtr 4 goals to 1. With one of the goals being a strong wrestling mark by Patton. The only goal for the blue side was kicked by ross. Burgoyne had two shots on goal for 2 points one of them hitting the post.

After the 15 minutes i think the coaches reassessed and wanted to do some more drills to smooth over some of the issue of the qtr. Speaking of Day The one piece of play that stood out during the drills is day takes a mark on the defensive 50 and sees Finn on the wing kicks it to him with i think Henderson on his tail half a meter behind him Finn marks without breaking stride at full tilt and kicks into the forward line. Pure footy pr0n right there. One other thing i have noticed is the catch cry James fu**in Sicily. Someone has yelled that out in quite a few sessions and it happened again today
One drill as it was kicked in Breust led Sic to the ball as they chased sic nudged breust out of the way dived on the ball agile as ever bounced back up ran and handpassed it away to sheils which was followed by someone yelling out James fu**in Sicily. This just puts into perspective the fact that Jeka has beaten him more than once in one on one contests. The boy is still hot and cold as in he can beat Sicily then drop a sitter 10 minutes later.

They had another half ground intra for 8 minutes going across the ground it was more about skills than anything else.

Stand out players were the usual suspects and to be honest you don't get gain much by singling out stuff in these things. However i will make an exception here we had Darcy Cassar play the intra while Minch watched on and he wouldn't be happy because Darcy got his hand on it a lot playing off half back has good pace needs refinement on his disposal

After about two hours of that they broke off into running. The players that impressed me with their running Finn of course this even before the time trial where they were doing 200m sprints. Another that has impressed me since xmas and kudos to him has been Walker he has come back much fitter. Poor old day was cooked and didn't do any of the running.

Apart from that i can honestly say it was great Wednesday for yours trully.

Coz he finally gets pipped in a time trial?

No. Cause he is a senior player of the club who hasn't stepped up on field during his prime years as I had hoped since our better leaders have left the club.

And because his performance levels fluctuate.

Happened to stumble across a full match sim today, pretty impressive hit out to be honest from what I saw (15 minutes or so).

Few takeaways:
-Wingard definitely a slimmer version of himself and gearing up to play a significant role in the midfield this year I would suspect
-Mitchell donned the 'blue cap' today. He has practically picked up from where he left off with no noticeable difference in the way he ran around whilst still
THanks for the report, breathe of fresh air. 5 stars! Also The 4 pillars, just read that one

Last edited:
No. Cause he is a senior player of the club who hasn't stepped up on field during his prime years as I had hoped since our better leaders have left the club.

Smith was the catalyst in our late season turnaround last year..

bit harsh. id wait for the real stuff to judge

Huge training session today which had an intra and ended with the time trial which we all know Finn won. Scully didn't participate. Some how i feel Scully didn't because the coaches didn't want to dishearten the rest lol. It was a long session 2.5 hours before the time trial.

The rehabbers

Scrimshaw and moore played the first 10 minutes of the intra before going off to run

They did the regular warm up before a 15 minute qtr. It was the orange v blues. Orange team had the best 22 midfield vs mitchell, finn, jones etc. Orange also had the number1 forwards v blue with number 1 defenders barring i think sic anyways 10 seconds in and TOB had marked in the forward line of a Jaegar center break Our play wasn't as clean as it has been this summer. A few turnovers especially kicking the ball inside 50 Mitchell made quite a few errors but he will play round 1 IMO barring any setbacks. Day will be something once again finding himself in the right place showed real courage as the pack bore down on him didn't take the mark but didn't flinch either.

The orange team won the qtr 4 goals to 1. With one of the goals being a strong wrestling mark by Patton. The only goal for the blue side was kicked by ross. Burgoyne had two shots on goal for 2 points one of them hitting the post.

After the 15 minutes i think the coaches reassessed and wanted to do some more drills to smooth over some of the issue of the qtr. Speaking of Day The one piece of play that stood out during the drills is day takes a mark on the defensive 50 and sees Finn on the wing kicks it to him with i think Henderson on his tail half a meter behind him Finn marks without breaking stride at full tilt and kicks into the forward line. Pure footy pr0n right there. One other thing i have noticed is the catch cry James fu**in Sicily. Someone has yelled that out in quite a few sessions and it happened again today
One drill as it was kicked in Breust led Sic to the ball as they chased sic nudged breust out of the way dived on the ball agile as ever bounced back up ran and handpassed it away to sheils which was followed by someone yelling out James fu**in Sicily. This just puts into perspective the fact that Jeka has beaten him more than once in one on one contests. The boy is still hot and cold as in he can beat Sicily then drop a sitter 10 minutes later.

They had another half ground intra for 8 minutes going across the ground it was more about skills than anything else.

Stand out players were the usual suspects and to be honest you don't get gain much by singling out stuff in these things. However i will make an exception here we had Darcy Cassar play the intra while Minch watched on and he wouldn't be happy because Darcy got his hand on it a lot playing off half back has good pace needs refinement on his disposal

After about two hours of that they broke off into running. The players that impressed me with their running Finn of course this even before the time trial where they were doing 200m sprints. Another that has impressed me since xmas and kudos to him has been Walker he has come back much fitter. Poor old day was cooked and didn't do any of the running.

Awesome stuff... love your work THP 👍🏾

Have you had a bad day or a bad life?

Smith was the catalyst in our late season turnaround last year..

bit harsh. id wait for the real stuff to judge

See.... really important that you notice that I didn't judge.
I said I wonder... where his head is at. Which has been for quite a while. Wonder. Perhaps he has reached his natural ceiling. But his inconsistency frustrates a lot of Hawks supporters.

Perhaps it is harsh. But it is a question... a qeustion of where his ceiling is at... that a lot of Hawks supporters have been asking each other since the 3peat. And a lot of Hawk supporters been hopintg for more after 2019

Everyone be happy with Smith and everyone think he is consistent and has clearly stepped up on field as a leader since the 3peat.

BF... at it's best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone be happy with Smith and everyone think he is consistent and has clearly stepped up on field as a leader since the 3peat.

BF... at it's best.
You should be an Essendon supporter the way you hate everything and want to eat your own. Please just swap teams and leave this one alone.

BF... at it's best.
If you can't handle people questioning your observations, don't post.

Whinging about being oppressed by the majority is actually BF at it's worst

A genuine contested ball winning wingman would be something else. Agree on disposal, but as good as ours have been, they haven't had a real physical presence for the most part when tested.

Who would be our last Genuine contested ball winning wingman would it be Dipper.

Hilly beat him yeah?
Don't think he's lost a post Christmas time trial since he won his first.
Scully didn't run though, he'd have come first if he had no doubt.

The rehabbers

Thanks legend, nice report
is the intraclub on feb 14...
if i can who played on Patton? Who played as the main KPD for the blues..

Looks like Finn will get a chance to debut very early on.. I am a wrap for Walker i also hope he can play early on.

Thanks legend, nice report
is the intraclub on feb 14...
if i can who played on Patton? Who played as the main KPD for the blues..

Looks like Finn will get a chance to debut very early on.. I am a wrap for Walker i also hope he can play early on.
Ceglar and nash as kpf and frawley and big boy and frost

Remove this Banner Ad

Back