Strategy 2020 Hypothetical Trades – Left Field Trade Ideas

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I would think you are absolutely correct.

To be honest I’m falling in the basket we won’t be getting pick two as compo so it won’t be happening anyway.
Ah right I assumed the pick 2 was just your 1 but after we matched a bid in JUH. So he’s suggesting you will have 1 and 2. People aren’t still genuinely suggesting Crouch is netting Adelaide band 1 compo?

Ah right I assumed the pick 2 was just your 1 but after we matched a bid in JUH. So he’s suggesting you will have 1 and 2. People aren’t still genuinely suggesting Crouch is netting Adelaide band 1 compo?
I think that’s where two was coming from. No point guessing whether we will or won’t bid on JUH.

I think the best we can hope for is matching the FA offer and forcing a trade so we would end up with 1,8 and Crouch trade pick where ever that falls.

Seeing more and more multi-club or even mega trades posted in threads, probably needs to be in this thread tbh.

Any sort of hypothetical is fine for the sake of the thread, but for my own amusement I'd be interested to see some attempts at an 18-club mega trade.

Anyone keen for a challenge?

Last edited:

dazedjosh

Cancelled
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
Alright, I'm having a crack at an 18 team mega trade and I'm not going to lie, it's going horribly. I'm resigned to the fact that there is absolutely no way possible that one of these can be made that will keep everybody happy, but I'm going to try.

To that end, which clubs need small forwards?

May 27, 2006
This is the location section. 🤗
AFL Club
Melbourne
Alright, I'm having a crack at an 18 team mega trade and I'm not going to lie, it's going horribly. I'm resigned to the fact that there is absolutely no way possible that one of these can be made that will keep everybody happy, but I'm going to try.

To that end, which clubs need small forwards?

Melbourne.

dazedjosh

Cancelled
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
Alright, version 1.0.

But first, a word of caution, after an hour of looking at this I did say "F**k it" and filled in the blanks with whatever I could regardless of whether or not made sense. There were a few teams where I just looked at players that were out of contract, shrugged my shoulders, and said "He'll do". Jack Payne is a good example. Do Brisbane want to trade him? I have no idea. Will he do for the purposes of this post? Absolutely. Mitch McGovern to West Coast is another one. I just sent him there because his brother is in Perth, maybe they could use a young tall with JK not having very long left, and I've heard so many Carlton fans complain about him.

Who knows, maybe the feedback will inspire a version 2, if I could be bothered going through it again.

1604016321762.png

Sirlemsip

Club Legend
May 5, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Alright, version 1.0.

But first, a word of caution, after an hour of looking at this I did say "F**k it" and filled in the blanks with whatever I could regardless of whether or not made sense. There were a few teams where I just looked at players that were out of contract, shrugged my shoulders, and said "He'll do". Jack Payne is a good example. Do Brisbane want to trade him? I have no idea. Will he do for the purposes of this post? Absolutely. Mitch McGovern to West Coast is another one. I just sent him there because his brother is in Perth, maybe they could use a young tall with JK not having very long left, and I've heard so many Carlton fans complain about him.

Who knows, maybe the feedback will inspire a version 2, if I could be bothered going through it again.

View attachment 998572

Its a good effort, but not a true '18 club mega trade' as there are isolated elements:

GC/Brisbane/Hawthorn
Adelaide/GWS/Freo/St Kilda/Richmond/Port/Kangaroos/Geelong
Carlton/Essendon/WB/Collingwood/Melbourne/Sydney/West Coast

dazedjosh

Cancelled
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
Its a good effort, but not a true '18 club mega trade' as there are isolated elements:

GC/Brisbane/Hawthorn
Adelaide/GWS/Freo/St Kilda/Richmond/Port/Kangaroos/Geelong
Carlton/Essendon/WB/Collingwood/Melbourne/Sydney/West Coast

GC/Brisbane/Hawthorn - Yeah that one bugged the hell out of me and was right at the end of it. Those trades are pretty easy to swap around though. I can drag them into this section - Adelaide/GWS/Freo/St Kilda/Richmond/Port/Kangaroos/Geelong

I hadn't noticed the other two though. Something to note if I do another one.

Carlton/Essendon/WB/Collingwood/Melbourne/Sydney/West Coast - Not sure how I break this one up. Could swap Ronke around with Lonie I guess.

Here we go, v1.1 with no isolated elements in the mega trade. Makes about the same amount of sense as v1.0. Which is to say there are some serious holes.......

1604018672375.png

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Alright, version 1.0.

View attachment 998572
Who?

Aug 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Hammarby IF, Toronto Raptors
GC/Brisbane/Hawthorn - Yeah that one bugged the hell out of me and was right at the end of it. Those trades are pretty easy to swap around though. I can drag them into this section - Adelaide/GWS/Freo/St Kilda/Richmond/Port/Kangaroos/Geelong

Carlton/Essendon/WB/Collingwood/Melbourne/Sydney/West Coast - Not sure how I break this one up. Could swap Ronke around with Lonie I guess.

Here we go, v1.1 with no isolated elements in the mega trade. Makes about the same amount of sense as v1.0. Which is to say there are some serious holes.......

View attachment 998604

I think Brisbane, Geelong, North and Port have their own thing going on here unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tonythetiger

Senior List
Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Hi all,

In the spirit of trade week being upon us, welcome to the annual (first) 18 Team Mega Deal. Feel free to comment and accept on your teams behalf as we seek to achieve a win-win-win-win-win-win-win-win-win-win-win-win-win-win-win-win-win-win for all involved parties. I have tried to go like for like where possible.

Adelaide:
Out: Brad Crouch
In: Brand New Couch

Brisbane:
Out: Mitch Robinson
In: Cale Morton

Collingwood:
Out: Mason "The Jar" Cox
In: Brett "The Lid" Delidio

Carlton:
Out: Wooden Spoon 2011
In: Wooden Spoon 2015

Essendon:
Out: Adam Saad
In: Baachaar Houli

Fremantle:
Out: Mark Neeld
In: Mark Neeld

Geelong:
Out: Gary Ablett Jnr
In: Addam Maric

GWS:
Out: Big Big Sound
In: Sons of the West

Hawthorn:
Out: Chad Wingard
In: Wing Chaddard

Melbourne:
Out: Jesse Hogan
In: David Rodan

North Melbourne
Out: Pick 2
In: Shaun Burgoyne, Gary Ablett (Jnr), Michael Tuck

Port Adelaide:
Out: Connor Rozee, Xavier Duursma
In: Connor McKenna, Connor McGregor, Charles Xavier

Richmond:
Out: Jason Castegna
In:

St Kilda:
Out: St. part of name, offensive to Non- Christians
In: Rebranding as 'Kilda'

Sydney
Out: Pick 1 Rookie Draft
In: Sydney Stack

West Coast
Out: Jeremy McGovern
In: Mitch McGovern

Western Bulldogs
Out: Sons of the West
In: Who let the dogs out?

Thoughts?

BombersDave

Senior List
Oct 21, 2020
AFL Club
Essendon
Geelong are paying a lot but they are going to have too...

GWS>Pick 8 (Blues) & 15 (Geelong) & Player (Geelong)
Geelong> Cameron & Pick 30 (Blues)
Carlton> Pick 13 & Saad
Essendon> Caldwell & Pick 52 (GWS)

Values Saad at Pick 19

Discuss
Without looking at all parts of that deal I agree on the Saad bit. Net result, if the Bombers get Caldwell plus something for Saad then I would be fairly happy. Would prefer something better than 52 but who wouldn't. Main thing for me is to do it early so we can actually spend the time trying to get Dunkley over.

Oct 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars

View attachment 998604

I don’t think that there would be a single Brisbane supporter on the planet that would swap Payne for Bonner. The club has very high hopes for him and should be a big part of our future. I think you would be closer to the mark by swapping out Payne for Marcus Adams in my humble opinion mate. Good effort

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back