Strategy 2020 Hypothetical Trades – Left Field Trade Ideas

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s draft tampering if you tell another club what you will or won’t do ahead of the draft and make that intent a stipulation of any trade you would be willing to do.
Interesting. So the fact that it's happened almost every year, how does that factor into your theory?

I'm sure the club's aren't sending an email to Ken Wood about it, but gentlemen don't bid on the players of clubs they've done deals with.

Interesting. So the fact that it's happened almost every year, how does that factor into your theory?

I'm sure the club's aren't sending an email to Ken Wood about it, but gentlemen don't bid on the players of clubs they've done deals with.
It's like speeding, is it illegal yes, do people do it yes, do people get away with it once again yes

It’s draft tampering if you tell another club what you will or won’t do ahead of the draft and make that intent a stipulation of any trade you would be willing to do.
Is it tampering if you say to a club "we desperately need a KPF and also need a midfielder. If you trade us your KPF, we would then pick up a midfielder"?

Fresh left field idea -

If we had to draft around 4-8 i don't think it would fill our needs plus we have Davies/Jeffery to come thru

A bit leftfield, but would a higher pick suit your needs?

What would it take to trade Lukoscious to Adelaide if he requested it? Would you consider pick 1 and Brodie Smith?

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

A bit leftfield, but would a higher pick suit your needs?

What would it take to trade Lukoscious to Adelaide if he requested it? Would you consider pick 1 and Brodie Smith?

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I wouldn't think so, last draft we targeted gun midfielders, the year before that gun talls. We do need defenders but not many good ones in the top 5, reading some phantoms we could slide out to 8-20 and maybe draft Grainger-Barass/Cox if needed but it feels we need to get on the aggressive and trade for some big fishes and front load their contract while our young boys are still on their rookie contract.

Lukosius would probably be one of the last i would trade as he is a super rare talent with elite foot skills. If he did request it back to adelaide i would say you would be over paying by a lot. If it was this year? I would say Pick 1 turning into Logan McDonald and then probably preferably (B.Crouch/Laird/Smith) but i would say it would be another first rounder (10-20) range and we would trade back a pick to even it up a bit

I wouldn't think so, last draft we targeted gun midfielders, the year before that gun talls. We do need defenders but not many good ones in the top 5, reading some phantoms we could slide out to 8-20 and maybe draft Grainger-Barass/Cox if needed but it feels we need to get on the aggressive and trade for some big fishes and front load their contract while our young boys are still on their rookie contract.

Lukosius would probably be one of the last i would trade as he is a super rare talent with elite foot skills. If he did request it back to adelaide i would say you would be over paying by a lot. If it was this year? I would say Pick 1 turning into Logan McDonald and then probably preferably (B.Crouch/Laird/Smith) but i would say it would be another first rounder (10-20) range and we would trade back a pick to even it up a bit

Thanks, I hope you can keep the team together, having lost Dangerfield just before our GF tilt we know the frustration of building a team and losing the best players. I think Suns' recruitment strategy has been bang on, albeit very much assisted, but I've heard that this year there may be a lot of player movement. With COVID players are probably more homesick than usual - particularly in Melbourne - all the good things about Melbourne are social so if you take that from a young man, all he wants is to go home to where is friends and family are.

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if Brodie Smith is available for a trade, we are getting squeezed in our backline for talent, and Smith still has currency. Laird has reinvented himself in the midfield and I can't see being let go. I still think you may be lining up BCrouch as a RFA, the third part of your plan was always to top up with mature talent this year according to Craig Cameron.

Fresh left field idea -

Gold Coast 2020 (Pick 4-8) and/or 2021 (Future pick) to be downgraded to 2 first late first round picks (10-20) or close to like the Saints did last year with GWS. Saints traded 6 & 59 for 12 & 18. (Saints got Hill & Howard)

With 12 & 18 hypothetically we would try and get two guns from clubs who need that draft pick. Apparently we have interest from players after this years Hub on the Coast. I don't know the players specifically but my wish list would be these gettable players who clubs would love an another first round pick Eg. Jack Gunston, Rory Laird, Darcy Moore, Jesse Hogan, Ben Brown.

Been linked heavily to Nathan Broad (OOC) and Rory Atkins (OOC)

If we had to draft around 4-8 i don't think it would fill our needs plus we have Davies/Jeffery to come thru

Dunno if Jesse Hogan on the Goldy is the best idea I've ever heard

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ok
English to west coast

Dogs get Eagles pick 1 next year 2021
Dogs get Baily Williams very keen to get back home

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So is this a thread for stupid Playstation trades or just a thread that encourages stupid posts?

Who'd have thought.

Honestly wouldnt be surprised, he doesnt look likely to get a game any time soon...But then his worth wouldnt be much in a trade. Delisted pick up, id suspect.
Hes not being delisted.

"A year after being drafted to the Brisbane Lions with Pick No. 21 at the 2018 NAB AFL Draft, Ely Smith has extended his contract with the Club, remaining in the Den until at least the end of 2022."

On LM-K410 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hes not being delisted.

"A year after being drafted to the Brisbane Lions with Pick No. 21 at the 2018 NAB AFL Draft, Ely Smith has extended his contract with the Club, remaining in the Den until at least the end of 2022."

On LM-K410 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oh, good pickup! Hope he gets a game this weekend, could be a replacement for Berry!

Just following on some rumour that we are testing the market for Treloar...

Let's look at Carlton:
  • Cripps clearly needs help in the middle, but also needs someone to release the ball to at contests.
  • Carlton plays a run and carry playstyle, through the corridor much more than other teams, this suits midfielders with speed and endurance
Now Treloar (taking away his injured game vs Sydney):
  • 2nd in Metres Gained Per Game out of all midfielders this year (Only behind danger)
  • 3rd in Clearances Per Game out of all players this year, even his inside work can take the burden off Cripps
  • 1st in Contested Possessions Per Game, 1st in Disposals Per Game, as prolific as it gets
  • Explosive pace around contests, best used as a receiver for his run and carry
  • Good fit for Carlton's game plan
Obviously his disposals can be dodgy at times, but as a 27 yo inside mid with explosive pace who's 1st in CP, 1st in disposals, 3rd in Clearances, and 2nd in Metres Gained, Carlton couldn't ask for a better partner for Cripps.

Last edited:
Just following on some rumour that we are testing the market for Treloar...

Let's look at Carlton:
  • Cripps clearly needs help in the middle, but also needs someone to release the ball to at contests.
  • Carlton plays a run and carry playstyle, through the corridor much more than other teams, this suits midfielders with speed and endurance
Now Treloar (taking away his injured game vs Sydney):
  • 2nd in Metres Gained Per Game out of all midfielders this year (Only behind danger)
  • 3rd in Clearances Per Game out of all players this year, even his inside work can take the burden off Cripps
  • 1st in Contested Possessions Per Game, 1st in Disposals Per Game, as prolific as it gets
  • Explosive pace around contests, best used as a receiver for his run and carry
  • Good fit for Carlton's game plan
Obviously his disposals can be dodgy at times, but as a 27 yo inside mid with explosive pace who's 1st in CP, 1st in disposals, 3rd in Clearances, and 2nd in Metres Gained, Carlton couldn't ask for a better partner for Cripps.

Soooo on all these stats why would we give him away, I know we need a key forward but at what expense.
secondly if im going to watch him play elsewhere its the one place as a Collingwood supporter I wouldn't send him to...

Soooo on all these stats why would we give him away, I know we need a key forward but at what expense.
secondly if im going to watch him play elsewhere its the one place as a Collingwood supporter I wouldn't send him to...
Don't ask me why we want to trade him, I'm not the one making the decision lol... I'm just trying to make sense of this rumour

I personally have some doubts over how highly Bucks rate him. Most of us are aware of him trying to ship Treloar for pick 1 last year. A reason why this could be the case is that a midfield consisting of Treloar, Sidebottom, Pendlebury, Phillips is on the softer side and may struggle against better contested midfields. Specifically because of this Pendles has had to play a defensive/tackling role around contests just to add some balance into the mix. While Treloar racks up CP, similar to Neale, he does struggle against the bigger and stronger bodies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back