2020 Indigenous Guernsey - Never Surrender

Remove this Banner Ad

As a proud Yorta Yorta man, I love this jumper! It's not only a nod to my mob (who have have been represented in previous jumper designs), but also celebrating the other player's and their mobs.

Do you support a Lithuanian themed jumper for the next round? Do you enjoy being portrayed as a perpetual victim who needs to be given training wheels for your cultural identity every year? Are you so insecure in your personal identity that you need crap like this to overcome your doubts? Don't you find this socio-political marketing charade to be condescending?

It's bullshit, and what's more it's actually demeaning.

It's funny how much people get pissed off at positive and inoffensive things in this day and age.

It is offensive. It portrays aboriginals as professional victims who need such trivial indulgences.

Is this really that far removed from some blankets & colored marbles?

Do you support a Lithuanian themed jumper for the next round? Do you enjoy being portrayed as a perpetual victim who needs to be given training wheels for your cultural identity every year? Are you so insecure in your personal identity that you need crap like this to overcome your doubts? Don't you find this socio-political marketing charade to be condescending?

It's bullshit, and what's more it's actually demeaning.

Ahh Lithuania, a reminder to the world that it's not the size that matters... a hell of a basketball team

But back to AFL, what an incredibly cynical way of looking at the world... Could it be that it's actually just a celebration of a culture that gave us this game? and in doing so a celebration of the immensely talented indigenous players that have continued their tradition of playing the said game that stretches thousands of years and generations of families?

I usually can get around a lot of what you say Snake, I don't agree with a lot of it, but I understand where it's coming from, I just don't understand your point of view on this in the slightest, Pastor Nicholls was an incredibly, immensely important person in the lives of first nations peoples, he to us is like Jackie Robinson to African Americans.

And as for your comment about not celebrating something from or about different cultures every year, does that mean you also don't celebrate Easter (Italian Catholic) and Christmas (German) as well? or do you save all of your vitriol for the systematically disenfranchised and the organisations that in an effort for reconciliation aim to pay homage to them and their culture?

But back to AFL, what an incredibly cynical way of looking at the world...

You call me cynical, I call you ridiculously idealistic.

This is blankets & marbles, nothing more.

It is offensive. It portrays aboriginals as professional victims who need such trivial indulgences.

Is this really that far removed from some blankets & colored marbles?
Have you asked our indigenous folk what they think of how it portrays them? Coz all I hear from anyone who speaks on it is pride.

If it offends you but not those who you claim it offends, perhaps you should, you know, chill the * out?

Not to sound like a party pooper but I’m bit Indigenous fatigued.

There seems to be always something popping up whether it’s in this industry or society. Some of it is warranted it and other times it’s not.

I really don’t need a lecture on racism and how rife it is when the problem comes from a small minority of people who say and do the wrong thing.

Don’t @ me.

No @'s here legend,

And that's fair enough, sometimes in an to pay respect to a culture it can be a bit overdone, prime example, I work in construction, a client that we as a company were at the time working for would hold a weekly project control group meeting every week, and every week without fail they would do a welcome to country...

Have you asked our indigenous folk what they think of how it portrays them? Coz all I hear from anyone who speaks on it is pride.

Ahhh yes, racial "pride". I remember reading some stuff about that.

If it offends you but not those who you claim it offends, perhaps you should, you know, chill the fu** out?

If you find my comments confronting then you should look inward and examine what it has stirred within you.

Ahhh yes, racial "pride". I remember reading some stuff about that.
There's a difference between taking pride in your culture after 200+ years of another, more dominant culture trying (directly and indirectly) to wipe it out, and taking pride in perceiving yourself as a member of the master race.
If you find my comments confronting then you should look inward and examine what it has stirred within you.
I wouldn't say confronting. Unsubtle? You're clearly a smart cat, but also as flexible as marble when you have your mind set.

There's a difference between taking pride in your culture after 200+ years of another, more dominant culture trying (directly and indirectly) to wipe it out, and taking pride in perceiving yourself as a member of the master race.

If the British had attempted to wipe out the aboriginals, they would be extinct.

You are grossly embellishing the situation.

I wouldn't say confronting. Unsubtle? You're clearly a smart cat, but also as flexible as marble when you have your mind set.

insusceptible to willowy bull s**t?

If the British had attempted to wipe out the aboriginals, they would be extinct.

You are grossly embellishing the situation.
I said culture, not the population. And I think they did a fairly effective job given most of the indigenous languages have died out and groups have been dispersed etc.

insusceptible to willowy bull sh*t?
Are you? Is this? What do you do when everything looks like willowy bullshit to you?

Anyways....movin on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of disrespectful to our historical legacy.... How about the 90s jumper with the kangaroo on it. Especially during the period we were known as the Kangaroos not North Melbourne.

When you make these comments my main reaction is that if I lived in Victoria you'd be in hospital by now you racist piece of s**t.

Make of that what you will.

When you make these comments my main reaction is that if I lived in Victoria you'd be in hospital by now you racist piece of sh*t.

Make of that what you will.

I will.

You're full of s**t.

Cheers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back