2020 Indigenous Guernsey - Never Surrender

Remove this Banner Ad

Not my favourite of the indigenous jumpers which I've generally really liked. I don't hate it just would have preferred a wee bit more Royal Blue.
Having said that I'm suddenly reminded of the scene from Amadeus where Mozart gets told that his new piece of music has too many notes.

Well perhaps you should have typed "I don't like it."

Instead of letting your unconscious mind control you and express your inner feelings.

Don't like it.

Too far removed from our strip, and what is that green sh*t? I thought they moved away from that type of garbage? Ugh!

Yeah..

"I don't like it" is a statement of preferences.

"Don't like it" is an instruction. Most of us here miss pronouns every now and then. It's just typical of you to miss that one on that occasion.

I haven’t liked any of our jumpers this year. The “pinstripes” were poorly executed, and I for one am getting bored with Canterbury. Bring back Nike, or at least give us Adidas or Puma. Probably unlikely, given the size of our club. First year as a member, I haven’t bought any.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The lack of respect to a design that is thoughtful and significant to specific players in our team is staggering. Yeah, you can say you don't like the look of it or the colours, but to just bag it out outright based on your own personal feelings without acknowledging what it communicates is pretty crap really.

The lack of respect to a design that is thoughtful and significant to specific players in our team is staggering.

Being Polish, Namibian, Danish, Sri Lankan or Aboriginal does not make anyone more deserving of special attention, especially at the expense of the club & team identity.

The NMFC team are a united group of 22 men from random backgrounds who should all be working for a single goal, and under a single historical banner.

1597880563756.png

Being Polish, Namibian, Danish, Sri Lankan or Aboriginal does not make anyone more deserving of special attention, especially at the expense of the club & team identity.

The NMFC team are a united group of 22 men from random backgrounds who should all be working for a single goal, and under a single historical banner.

View attachment 940330
If you cant understand the significance of the Sir Douglas Nicholls round then it just proves what a racist twatt you really are.

View attachment 940330
Snake, I get your point. But it is the indigenous round. It is the whole point to be celebrating the heritage of certain players. It is one of the few ways (however symbolic) we can as a community bring some equity to the situation for the benefit of everyone.

the jumper is a collaboration of our indigenous boys and their backgrounds to celebrate and pay respects to their elders and people. I would never pass judgement as it shows disrespect. This means a lot to them , have a look how happy Jed is wearing it. They says it all.

Snake, I get your point. But it is the indigenous round.

Why?

the jumper is a collaboration of our indigenous boys and their backgrounds to celebrate and pay respects to their elders and people. I would never pass judgement as it shows disrespect. This means a lot to them , have a look how happy Jed is wearing it. They says it all.

It's also disrespectful to the clubs historical legacy to alter the jumper to suit the minority political push of a certain time.

Not to sound like a party pooper but I’m bit Indigenous fatigued.

There seems to be always something popping up whether it’s in this industry or society. Some of it is warranted it and other times it’s not.

I really don’t need a lecture on racism and how rife it is when the problem comes from a small minority of people who say and do the wrong thing.

Don’t @ me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back