Official Club Stuff 2020 Indigenous Guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

I noticed Santos is on the back of the guernsey. Do we always have a seperate sponsor for our indigenous guernseys or have they potentially jumped onboard for the year?
for extra revenue the AFL has approved all teams adding a sponsor in that position if they want - probably will be the case throughout the pandemic economic downturn and (sadly) will probably be perpetual from there on

Not a fan of the all white... it's giving me flash backs of this monstrosity...

images

1. Gavin Wanganeen
2. Shaun Burgoyne
3 . Peter Burgoyne
4. Byron Pickett
5 . Graham Johncock
6. Lindsay Thomas
7. Che Cockatoo Collins
8. Troy Bond
9. Shane Bond
10. Richie Bray
11. Ross Agius
Thats off the top of my head

Good effort in what is a difficult exercise, but having seen Richie Bray play I would have slotted him in at 5 or 6.

I noticed Santos is on the back of the guernsey. Do we always have a seperate sponsor for our indigenous guernseys or have they potentially jumped onboard for the year?

From the article

The guernsey also features the Santos logo on the back for the first time. The club is thrilled to feature the logo as an acknowledgement of Santos’ support of the club and its industry-leading Indigenous programs.
For more than 12 years, Santos has supported the Santos Aboriginal Power Cup, which has seen over 4000 Indigenous secondary school students participate in an educational program which features an annual football carnival.

Is there a list of the 62 names on the jumper as SgtSchulz's list of A grade players got to 41 and became 42 with Garner. Magpies players when the club was split might be the difference?

Just left the Port Store (my 7yo wanted a Butters guernsey)... turns out these Indigenous guernseys that literally arrived today didn’t make the cut off to get MG on the front as they were produced before the MG partnership.

WTF??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just left the Port Store (my 7yo wanted a Butters guernsey)... turns out these Indigenous guernseys that literally arrived today didn’t make the cut off to get MG on the front as they were produced before the MG partnership.

WTF??
That's disappointing. Probably a no from me then, I'll probably wait until we have the 2021 kit with all the sponsors on it.

It just seems strange that in no time over the past 6 months since the MG partnership was signed that they couldn’t be added to new batches of merch.
I get it, they don’t want to put it on the standard jumpers as they want to sell all the existing stock - but to not have it on one off jumpers is disappointing.

It just seems strange that in no time over the past 6 months since the MG partnership was signed that they couldn’t be added to new batches of merch.
I get it, they don’t want to put it on the standard jumpers as they want to sell all the existing stock - but to not have it on one off jumpers is disappointing.

Probably speaks more to how far in advance this stuff needs to be planned and prepared in advance if we're going to order a reasonable retail quantity. You just need to remember the hullabaloo around 2014 and getting enough kit in a week for the team to play in.

Probably speaks more to how far in advance this stuff needs to be planned and prepared in advance if we're going to order a reasonable retail quantity. You just need to remember the hullabaloo around 2014 and getting enough kit in a week for the team to play in.

Yeah you are correct, the turnaround on this stuff isn’t instantaneous and anyone in the textiles industry would know the pressures on ISC over the last 24+ months.

Good effort in what is a difficult exercise, but having seen Richie Bray play I would have slotted him in at 5 or 6.
True . Yes I didn’t see Richie Bray , that’s good to hear .I put him in because he’d been a premiership player ala Ross Agius , like to sneak Flash Francis and Corey Ah Chee in in hindsight

they were both highly skilled players that‘s for sure. Both had an association with my local footy club. I played along side Snr and Jnr played and coached

Didn't see Eugene Warrior senior play but watching the 1973 Reserves Grand Final against Woodville on you tube, he looks a very silky 2 sided player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back