News 2020 Injuries & Suspensions

Status
Not open for further replies.
@GeelongCats
coach Chris Scott: "We have a couple of guys who we've managed out from previous weeks who will be right back in the frame as well. Brad Close is one of them."

About the worst news I could have had. (nowhere near it if course, but some GOOD news shouldn't be too much to ask...)

I've got Rankine, Cavarra and Close @ looped F6...
Now they're all going to play! 😭

About the worst news I could have had. (nowhere near it if course, but some GOOD news shouldn't be too much to ask...)

I've got Rankine, Cavarra and Close @ looped F6...
Now they're all going to play! 😭

think there is a good chance Cav comes out for the flying dutchman

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
1597907268509.png

1 More week out for Maxy... & then ready to hit SuperCoach finals in top nick:

=====

CHAMPION Melbourne ruckman Max Gawn will miss a third straight match this weekend, but coach Simon Goodwin has all but guaranteed he will face St Kilda next week.

The Demons opted to give their captain more time to recover from his posterior cruciate ligament setback and will again turn to Braydon Preuss to lead the ruck against the Western Bulldogs.

"Max has progressed really strongly, but he won't play. He was very, very close, but we just didn't want to put it at risk," Goodwin said of Gawn. "He's an important player we need to get right and make sure that PCL is healed properly – and another seven days will allow us to do that".

"His movement is really strong, but he's just got to tick off a couple more things next week to be 100 per cent ready to go … there's no doubt for next week."

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
I may have dodged a bullet trading out dev after all. Not really coz I missed 2 decent scores but looks like I would have needed to trade him to avoid a donut next round anyway. This is very poor by him.

It was questionable ....not sure he was trying to hurt the guy, looked more an action to distract him .....I'd suggest, no case to answer

It was questionable ....not sure he was trying to hurt the guy, looked more an action to distract him .....I'd suggest, no case to answer

Mate Im the one the thats suppose to be putting the nothing to see here spin on it. Looked like a act of frustration due to being beaten in a one on one.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Mate Im the one the thats suppose to be putting the nothing to see here spin on it. Looked like a act of frustration due to being beaten in a one on one.
Where's the support for your team ? ......Smith is mostly beaten one on one these days ....thought he simply tried something, harmless, no damage ....and you can't draw any evil intent from that vision

Where's the support for your team ? ......Smith is mostly beaten one on one these days ....thought he simply tried something, harmless, no damage ....and you can't draw any evil intent from that vision

Because I cant defend that. He intentionally tripped a player to prevent him from getting to the next contest. Besides seems he has hired a defence attorney already :p

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
30k Posts 10k Posts Freeze MND Challenge 2021 Chess Club Member
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Dev was clearly staging to get a free kick against the shepherder.

He'll get a week for staging.

Devon Smith, Essendon, has been charged with Tripping (Fixed Financial Sanction) Jack Gunston, Hawthorn, during the second quarter of the Round 14 match between Hawthorn and Essendon, played at Adelaide Oval on Thursday August 27.

In summary he can accept a $500 sanction with an early plea.

Devon Smith, Essendon, has been charged with Tripping (Fixed Financial Sanction) Jack Gunston, Hawthorn, during the second quarter of the Round 14 match between Hawthorn and Essendon, played at Adelaide Oval on Thursday August 27.

In summary he can accept a $500 sanction with an early plea.

If he wants a week off, he needs to:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back