Injury 2020 Injuries

Remove this Banner Ad

We may have seen the last of Jong in the afl for us.
Really feel for him. Just one thing after another, the poor guy never catches a break. Hopefully it's not too long out, or else I highly doubt he'll ever push for selection. His spot was already at threat post-2020

Bad news for Jong, although extent not yet known. Wood is minor, but still sucks to hear :'(

Regardless what I think of him as a player he is injured far too much. No pint having anyone on this list if they average Half a dozen games a year at any level.

Regardless what I think of him as a player he is injured far too much. No pint having anyone on this list if they average Half a dozen games a year at any level.
Well this is probably it for him anyway. I know he's been a battler for most of his career, but I genuinely believe he could've found a role in our 22 eventually if he hadn't been suffering constant setbacks. If not for ability reasons, he'll probably end up delisted purely because he can't get his body consistently going

Well this is probably it for him anyway. I know he's been a battler for most of his career, but I genuinely believe he could've found a role in our 22 eventually if he hadn't been suffering constant setbacks. If not for ability reasons, he'll probably end up delisted purely because he can't get his body consistently going

I’ve never thought he was good enough to be a consistent senior player but injuries havent allowed him any chance to prove me wrong.

Unfortunately footy is a business and with the kids we want to pick up next several days I’ll have to go to get them in.
He has had 9 years but we simply cannot keep wasting a spot on anyone that can’t get on the track. We should have learnt from previous players we carried years too long but obviously haven’t.

Really feel for him. Just one thing after another, the poor guy never catches a break. Hopefully it's not too long out, or else I highly doubt he'll ever push for selection. His spot was already at threat post-2020
His break away from the club last season was attributed to him struggling with coping with the number of injuries.

I understand the frustration... but writing a player off in mid-Feb...?
It's not just any player though. If this was Macrae having 10 weeks off, it'd be no worries at all. But the fact Jong has battled injury his entire career, and as Northernsoul74 said he even took that time off due to struggling to cope with the constant injuries. When he's already a fringe player at best right now, it's hard to see a future for him after this, given how serious it is. I really do hope I'm wrong

The WB website has a link called "Injury List" ... except there's no actual list. :mad:

As far as I can make out we have the following:

Jong (high grade hamstring tear) - 8-10 weeks
Wood (hammy tightness) - 2 weeks
Garcia (ACL rehab) - a fair while yet
Libba (knee rehab) - getting into full training soon
Duryea (knee rehab?) - still a fair way off

Looks like Keath is right to go and Wally not far off (both stress fracture rehab)
Any others?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The WB website has a link called "Injury List" ... except there's no actual list. :mad:

As far as I can make out we have the following:

Duryea (knee rehab?) - still a fair way off

Looks like Keath is right to go and Wally not far off (both stress fracture rehab)
Any others?
Didn’t Duryea have a hip problem? (Could be wrong...)

Bruce out tomorrow night with a minor back spasm. That has me mildly concerned given his recent back history in 2018. Suckling is also being managed.

I'd bet all 3 would likely play in the season proper but the club is taking an overly cautious approach at this stage of the year. English may be forced out with the AFL's new concussion rules anyway.

Bruce out tomorrow night with a minor back spasm. That has me mildly concerned given his recent back history in 2018. Suckling is also being managed.

I'd bet all 3 would likely play in the season proper but the club is taking an overly cautious approach at this stage of the year. English may be forced out with the AFL's new concussion rules anyway.
Any idea when the squads get named?

That’s frustrating, we need to get games into Bruce, Naughton, Schache together to see how it shapes up. They’re the three I expected to definitely play both games.

OK, so in the apparent absence of an official list here's what appears to be the injury list. It's a quarter of our list although over half of these are pretty close and most would be expected to be OK for Round 1.

Duryea (hip?) - still a fair way off
Wallis (stress fracture in leg/ankle) - close to full training (?)
Keath (stress fracture in leg) - available
English (concussion) - at least a week
Suckling - (??) - being "managed"
Bruce (back spasm) - at least a week
Naughton (knee surgery) - available

Feel free to make corrections ... but please don't say I've missed a few!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back