Injury 2020 Injuries

mattwa

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2007
wa
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We can cover him now with the addition of Bruce but still disappointing about naughty being injured. Assuming he will get the clean out this weekend?

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Naughtons injury doesn't seem much to worry about, at least that's the vibe I got from Bevo last night.

Other than Richards concussion and what looked like a bit of a cork to Cordy, we got out unscathed last night?

Naughtons injury doesn't seem much to worry about, at least that's the vibe I got from Bevo last night.

Other than Richards concussion and what looked like a bit of a cork to Cordy, we got out unscathed last night?
Apart from Josh Bruce - painful 8 hour erection after watching Bont's delivery inside 50

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Naughton surgery a success

Emerging forward Aaron Naughton remains in contention for the Western Bulldogs’ season-opener against Collingwood next month.

Naughton had arthroscopic surgery on Saturday to address a cartilage concern with his right knee - the opposite knee to the injury he sustained at the end of 2019.

The minor procedure went well, and a conservative approach will be taken during the 20-year-old’s rehabilitation process.

Naughton is expected to resume running next week, before building back into football training ahead of the season.

footyfan000001

Cancelled
Jun 8, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Naughton surgery a success

Emerging forward Aaron Naughton remains in contention for the Western Bulldogs’ season-opener against Collingwood next month.

Naughton had arthroscopic surgery on Saturday to address a cartilage concern with his right knee - the opposite knee to the injury he sustained at the end of 2019.

The minor procedure went well, and a conservative approach will be taken during the 20-year-old’s rehabilitation process.

Naughton is expected to resume running next week, before building back into football training ahead of the season.

thats amazing news!

I'd be very surprised if he plays round 1, the club take a cautious approach with injuries these days. I'm not that concerned either. We don't even need to replace him with a tall.

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'd be very surprised if he plays round 1, the club take a cautious approach with injuries these days. I'm not that concerned either. We don't even need to replace him with a tall.

We'd do great with a forward line of Bruce, Schache, Dale, Lloyd, Dickson or one of our young smalls, and a resting mid.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

• Ed Richards still having concussion symptoms, haven't determined a return to play schedule
  • Easton Wood (hamstring), Tim English (concussion) and Matt Suckling (managed) will return next weekend to face Port
  • Josh Bruce will be a test. The original back spasms were apparently not that bad, so shouldn't be anything concerning. Will update after this weekend

• Ed Richards still having concussion symptoms, haven't determined a return to play schedule
  • Easton Wood (hamstring), Tim English (concussion) and Matt Suckling (managed) will return next weekend to face Port
  • Josh Bruce will be a test. The original back spasms were apparently not that bad, so shouldn't be anything concerning. Will update after this weekend
Richards is a worry. It was an entirely avoidable incident but Williams chosen to go for the man, not the ball.
Not thrilled with the news on Bruce either.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Richards is a worry. It was an entirely avoidable incident but Williams chosen to go for the man, not the ball.
Not thrilled with the news on Bruce either.
I'm hoping the Bruce news is nothing to be worried about - they did say they weren't worried last weekend, but wanted to play it conservative since it's only preseason. Hopefully this is just going through the motions of ensuring he's fully fit.

The Richards thing really worried me considering the Polly Farmer news. Concussions have to be the absolute worst injury. If an ACL ends your career, you can go on to live a fully enriched life without any dramas. A concussion ends your career, and you could face serious health issues, especially later in life

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
2 weeks see Astro play round 1 3 weeks means round 2. I am guessing the conservative approach will be taken.

Taylor Duryea Groin 6 weeks
Riley Garcia Knee Indefinite
Lin Jong Hamstring 6 weeks
Tom Liberatore Knee 4-5 weeks
Aaron Naughton Knee 2-3 weeks
Ed Richards Concussion Available
Laitham Vandermeer Hamstring Test

Bruce cleared to play this weekend, makes sense - I've had back spasms and been back into full training the day after being discharged from hospital. Be good to get a game into him before round 1.

Wonder if Lewie Young keeps his spot.

May 22, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
2 weeks see Astro play round 1 3 weeks means round 2. I am guessing the conservative approach will be taken.

Taylor DuryeaGroin6 weeks
Riley GarciaKneeIndefinite
Lin JongHamstring6 weeks
Tom LiberatoreKnee4-5 weeks
Aaron NaughtonKnee2-3 weeks
Ed RichardsConcussionAvailable
Laitham VandermeerHamstringTest

Ash Hansen said Naughton is on track for round 1, so who knows I guess.

Back