Injury 2020 injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Only gets older, and Cameron needs a quick on him.

Frost is the perfect match. He won't get beaten for pace and can exploit the height advantage.

Id give first crack to Greaves, he is physical, has toe and wants to hold his spot.. he’d be insanely motivated and it may show us what the kid can do.

Injury update - March 3rd

Jack Gunston (Ankle) 2-3 weeks
Blake Hardwick (Chest) 12 weeks
Daniel Howe (Foot) Indefinite
Jarman Impey (Knee) Indefinite
Jacob Koschitzke (AC Joint) 4 weeks
Josh Morris (Knee) 5-6 weeks
Ben McEvoy (Corked Thigh) Test
Tim O’Brien (Eye) Test
Dylan Moore (Groin) Test

Have I missed something with Howe?

Jesus need Gunno, but I think we can cover him early with our talls.

I’d be really cautious with this weeks game, can’t afford anymore injuries going into round 1.

Have I missed something with Howe?

Jesus need Gunno, but I think we can cover him early with our talls.

I’d be really cautious with this weeks game, can’t afford anymore injuries going into round 1.

Our depth will be tested during the early rounds of the season that’s for sure.

Must be the start of the season. I have come up with a formula for our injuries. If the HFC states 2 weeks, add 6 then divide by 2, then multiply by 2. So really a 2 week injury is really 8 weeks.
If you can grasp this, then you will not be disappointed when the player does not return in 2 weeks.

Must be the start of the season. I have come up with a formula for our injuries. If the HFC states 2 weeks, add 6 then divide by 2, then multiply by 2. So really a 2 week injury is really 8 weeks.
If you can grasp this, then you will not be disappointed when the player does not return in 2 weeks.

Hahaha this is spot on.. the club provide total rubbish with injury updates, I accepted it years ago.

I like your theory but it doesn't hold up under the Birchall test ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Injury update - March 3rd
Age listed
28 Jack Gunston (Ankle) 2-3 weeks
23 Blake Hardwick (Chest) 12 weeks
24 Daniel Howe (Foot) Indefinite
24 Jarman Impey (Knee) Indefinite
19 Jacob Koschitzke (AC Joint) 4 weeks
18 Josh Morris (Knee) 5-6 weeks
21 Mitchell Lewis Rolled ankle
26 Tim O’Brien (Eye) Test
20 Dylan Moore (Groin) Test
19 Will Golds suspect ACL

So we are suspect because of our old 'Injury prone' players? Only Gunston over 26. Also Tom Mitchell making a comeback age 26

Any update on Lewis ?
will he be right for Rnd 1

Clarko said in his press conference that he just rolled it. He's probably getting scans today after flying back so we'll find out soon

Clarko said in his press conference that he just rolled it. He's probably getting scans today after flying back so we'll find out soon
Don’t hold to much in the club reporting of it Gunston was supposed to be 6 weeks and that was about 2 months ago from memory and the club is still saying 2 to 3 weeks.

So if the club says “Lewis will only miss a couple of weeks” then it’s a fair bet he has actually had the whole foot amputated.

So if the club says “Lewis will only miss a couple of weeks” then it’s a fair bet he has actually had the whole foot amputated.

Look foot amputation is actually a very simple and very quick operation even with a rusty axe.

Reconnection though could take a year or so. So I do understand your concerns.

Don’t hold to much in the club reporting of it Gunston was supposed to be 6 weeks and that was about 2 months ago from memory and the club is still saying 2 to 3 weeks.

So long as it's not his dominant foot then no excuses!

Yeah - it's pretty funny. I reckon Birch was 4 weeks away for the better part of two years. I wonder if other clubs do the same thing? I assume probably.

I tend to treat the Bupa Injury Report TM the same way as I treat weather forecasts. Is the player likely to be back for the next match: Yes/No. Anything beyond that is largely meaningless.

Yeah - it's pretty funny. I reckon Birch was 4 weeks away for the better part of two years. I wonder if other clubs do the same thing? I assume probably.

I tend to treat the Bupa Injury Report TM the same way as I treat weather forecasts. Is the player likely to be back for the next match: Yes/No. Anything beyond that is largely meaningless.
I think of it as the Blooper Injury Report. At least that's more accurate ... or appropriate!

between 2 weeks and indefinite is very very rubbery

Remove this Banner Ad

Back