Injury 2020 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

No need to panic sorry about the bump but WTF goargie had a 1 wk hammy how long ago? Still on restricted duty's pretty long port night lol

Injury list
Mitch Georgiades – hamstring (test)

Burton clear to play. Do we risk him?
I would keep him on the bench for most of the first quarter. Better he does it in the 2nd or 3rd quarter than 5 minutes into the game when the adrenaline is flowing the fastest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently he will be having scans Monday or Tuesday.
I know Monday is a holiday but club's Doc Fisher is a senior partner at Sportsmed and I'm sure they do scans. Surprised they have waited so long.

Looks like Marshall will be right to play in the PF.

PORT ADELAIDE forward Todd Marshall and wingman Xavier Duursma are expected to be available for selection for the club’s Preliminary Final next week with both cleared of serious injury.

Marshall hurt his right shoulder in the first quarter of the Qualifying Final win over Geelong but returned to the field and saw out the game.

The 21-year-old will have a light week on the track but has been cleared to face either Richmond or St Kilda on Friday 16 October.

Duursma left the field after being concussed in the third term against the Cats and like Marshall will build up his training load and progress as per the AFL concussion protocol.

Forward Mitch Georgiades returned from a hamstring injury in a match simulation session on the Gold Coast on Saturday and has pulled up well, giving Port a full-strength side to choose from for the Friday night Preliminary Final.

Injury list
Xavier Duursma – concussion (test)

Seems like all 4 teams left have basically a full list to choose from when has this ever happened? Shorter quarters?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back