Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Independents 4 Change

• Independent Alliance

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That statement is pretty out of touch. We're at 116 000 and growing.

The methodology is BS.

Homeless people include those sleeping on the streets, in cars, at crisis centres and in overcrowded accommodation.

The 2016 figure was up from 2011 by about 10,000, taking the number of people in overcrowded accommodation to 51,000.

The facts on homelessness:
  • Tonight 116,427 will be homeless
ABC blatantly lying. Pathetic.

The methodology is BS.

Homeless people include those sleeping on the streets, in cars, at crisis centres and in overcrowded accommodation.

The 2016 figure was up from 2011 by about 10,000, taking the number of people in overcrowded accommodation to 51,000.

ABC blatantly lying. Pathetic.
It's not the ABC, it's the ABS. More lies from medusala again. Thought you might be tired of perpetuating myths but alas after your Brexit lies you're keeping on the tradition

It's not the ABC, it's the ABS. More lies from medusala again. Thought you might be tired of perpetuating myths but alas after your Brexit lies you're keeping on the tradition

Pinnochi fails once again. They wont be homeless. Circa half will be in so called overcrowded accommodation. They are repeating a blatant lie and stating it as a fact.

Blatant and unacceptable lie. How typical that you defend it. A shoddy definition derived in consultation with lobby groups.

The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) acknowledges and thanks the wide range of stakeholders who showed strong commitment and expertise in providing guidance to the ABS as it developed its statistical definition of homelessness. The contributions through formal submissions, comments at meetings and participation in expert groups provided invaluable information to help ABS understand the complexity of homelessness and guide how we can both collect relevant data (in Censuses and surveys) and analyse and report transparently on homelessness in Australia.

Pinnochi fails once again. They wont be homeless. Circa half will be in so called overcrowded accommodation. They are repeating a blatant lie and stating it as a fact.

Blatant and unacceptable lie. How typical that you defend it. A shoddy definition derived in consultation with lobby groups.

The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) acknowledges and thanks the wide range of stakeholders who showed strong commitment and expertise in providing guidance to the ABS as it developed its statistical definition of homelessness. The contributions through formal submissions, comments at meetings and participation in expert groups provided invaluable information to help ABS understand the complexity of homelessness and guide how we can both collect relevant data (in Censuses and surveys) and analyse and report transparently on homelessness in Australia.
But it was written as homeless by the ABS, not the ABC. They were quoting someone from the ABS. As blatant as you can get for myth spreading from our £350m bus man.

But it was written as homeless by the ABS, not the ABC. They were quoting someone from the ABS. As blatant as you can get for myth spreading from our £350m bus man.

a) They are promoting them as facts see their factbox. Anyone with an iq over 60 can recognise that
b) The £350m figure was correct as you have been told numerous times (as opposed to all travel cards not costing more).

Stop wrecking threads with your piffle.

a) They are promoting them as facts see their factbox. Anyone with an iq over 60 can recognise that
b) The £350m figure was correct as you have been told numerous times (as opposed to all travel cards not costing more).

Stop wrecking threads with your piffle.
They're writing an article based on a quote from the ABS. They're reporting news. You want them to report propaganda.

The £350m has been proven to be a lie. Stop lying for once in your life.

Except it isn't a "blatant lie", you're declaring it as such to suit your own agenda. Do you seriously think homeless people have to be those sleeping on the streets? Those in homeless shelters or DV shelters have a roof over their heads and regular accommodation, it doesn't magically make them not homeless. Penniless students sleeping ten to a room do not have an existence that can in any way be described as comfortable or secure, and are very much in danger of having to sleep on the streets, just as those in homeless shelters are. To make it purely about who has a roof over their head or not rather than insecurity and risk, is to cheapen the issue to the point that the statistics would no longer be useful for addressing the issue.

Except it isn't a "blatant lie", you're declaring it as such to suit your own agenda. Do you seriously think homeless people have to be those sleeping on the streets? Those in homeless shelters or DV shelters have a roof over their heads and regular accommodation, it doesn't magically make them not homeless. Penniless students sleeping ten to a room do not have an existence that can in any way be described as comfortable or secure, and are very much in danger of having to sleep on the streets, just as those in homeless shelters are. To make it purely about who has a roof over their head or not rather than insecurity and risk, is to cheapen the issue to the point that the statistics would no longer be useful for addressing the issue.

This is a controversial issue in the sector

I used to be mates with someone who volunteered on the streets in Melbourne, and he'd get angry every time someone said we have a homeless problem in Melbourne. His argument was that assuming they can get to it, there is a bed for everyone who needs one in greater Melbourne via shelters and the like (was around 2000, so don't know if this stat still stands up today)

The issue is he considered homeless anyone sleeping on the streets or down by the Yarra. Fwiw I agree if you're going from shelter to shelter each night, and getting a bed is dependant upon the availability of charity on a nightly basis, you cannot say that person isn't homeless. They don't have a home, full stop.

Anyway, back to the election.

Screenshot_20200211-083210_Chrome.jpg

Remaining seats look like they'll go 3 FF, 3 FG, 1 GP. So either:

A. FF and FG tie up and rope in 7 independents.

B. The left all tie up and rope in 14 independents.

C. FF and SF tie up and rope in Labour, SD or GP.

C seems like the most likely outcome to me by far.

Anyway, back to the election.

View attachment 820785

Remaining seats look like they'll go 3 FF, 3 FG, 1 GP. So either:

A. FF and FG tie up and rope in 7 independents.

B. The left all tie up and rope in 14 independents.

C. FF and SF tie up and rope in Labour, SD or GP.

C seems like the most likely outcome to me by far.
FG won't go with FF. FF won't go with SF. It will literally be a massive coalition and two opposition parties or a new election.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FG won't go with FF.
Did they say that? It's happened before, and I wonder if FG would rather be in the tent or outside it.

FF won't go with SF.
While they did say that prior to the election, Michael Martin chose not to reiterate it when asked yesterday. Again, would FF want to risk being outside the tent?

Did they say that? It's happened before, and I wonder if FG would rather be in the tent or outside it.

While they did say that prior to the election, Michael Martin chose not to reiterate it when asked yesterday. Again, would FF want to risk being outside the tent?
They would because then there is a better chance of getting in next term versus being with SF who are dangerous

That statement is pretty out of touch. We're at 116 000 and growing.

That report you have linked says the homeless is 8200 not 114 000. I.e. 0.0003 percent of the population. When we start counting people in accomdation as homeless then its time to recognize we dont have a homeless problem.

That report you have linked says the homeless is 8200 not 114 000. I.e. 0.0003 percent of the population. When we start counting people in accomdation as homeless then its time to recognize we dont have a homeless problem.
I'm not even going to bother writing a new response to this, I already addressed it above.

I'm not even going to bother writing a new response to this, I already addressed it above.

No you didnt, you posted a fake stat.

Back