Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Independents 4 Change

• Independent Alliance

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I have no love for the US so not sure why you felt the need to bring them up. The IRA are gutless parasites who don't represent the views of the people they pretend to be fighting for.

Is it ok that I don't want a minority blowing up train stations, city centres and hospitals in a country where I live?
So no different to the US Government then

Now back to that delivery mechanism, thoughts?

So no different to the US Government then

Now back to that delivery mechanism, thoughts?
Whataboutism at its finest. I don't care for the USA. I have given you my thoughts about the IRA and their delivery mechanisms are well known and scrutinised. Kidnapping people and forcing them to kill others and blow people up with their families at gunpoint seems to be fine for some on here.

If you want to learn about US foreign policy then read 'War is a Racket'.

I remember a being told a story about tracking IRA members into Gibraltar and then dispatching them prior to their bombing plans being put into action.

Is Gibraltar in England? That event should probably count.

Gibraltar is a U.K territory and permanent naval asset that sits at the chokepoint where the Mediterranean Sea meets the Atlantic Ocean. There are military bases there.

Barely a roof over their head and at a premium thanks to the capitalist rent market.

I read somewhere that foreign buyers have been buying heavily and affected prices. Would make sense, there a heap of new apartments near where I live that are foreign owned and empty.

Im all for the free market but this one area I think that the govt should enter ie by prohibiting OS ownership. Bandaid solutions like empty home taxes and rent controls either dont work or do more harm than good.

Except it isn't a "blatant lie", you're declaring it as such to suit your own agenda. Do you seriously think homeless people have to be those sleeping on the streets? Those in homeless shelters or DV shelters have a roof over their heads and regular accommodation, it doesn't magically make them not homeless. Penniless students sleeping ten to a room do not have an existence that can in any way be described as comfortable or secure, and are very much in danger of having to sleep on the streets, just as those in homeless shelters are. To make it purely about who has a roof over their head or not rather than insecurity and risk, is to cheapen the issue to the point that the statistics would no longer be useful for addressing the issue.
The paradox of a homeless shelter: soon as they get a bed they aren’t homeless any more, and should be turned out for the REAL homeless. There is an industry of housed people claiming homelessness, and all the rewards this entails. It has got to stop!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The paradox of a homeless shelter: soon as they get a bed they aren’t homeless any more, and should be turned out for the REAL homeless. There is an industry of housed people claiming homelessness, and all the rewards this entails. It has got to stop!
The point of homeless shelter is to make homeless people not homeless. Kind of like the point of giving a starving person food is to make them not starving.

Oh thats cute when you think overcrowded housing you are envisaging those 100 thousand people all sleeping in a Dickens novel With 10 to a tiny room.

“10 people shoehorned into one bedroom, tenants sleeping in bathrooms, and in one case, a pantry”.

But yeah, go on thinking it's all sunshine and roses in those houses.

“10 people shoehorned into one bedroom, tenants sleeping in bathrooms, and in one case, a pantry”.

But yeah, go on thinking it's all sunshine and roses in those houses.
So you pick the most extreme examples and assume thats the standard for the 100 thousand. No thats the extreme. And those people in the extreme examples would have beds. They will be putting multiple beds and bunks in rooms. None of these people are homeless.

So you pick the most extreme examples and assume thats the standard for the 100 thousand. No thats the extreme. And those people in the extreme examples would have beds. They will be putting multiple beds and bunks in rooms. None of these people are homeless.
Prove it. How do you know this, are you a slumlord?

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. If history had a different outcome, George Washington would have been derided as a terrorist.
Exactly. The IRA originated from the Irish nationalists who took up arms to fight the British armed forces in the Irish War of Independence.
Some were fighting British troops with whom they had served with in World War I.

Easy for you to say. The IRA are cowards who leave bombs in shopping centres and blow up innocent people as well as their own. They also love executing innocent people when they aren't looking. But keep defending them.

as were the american fighter in the war of independence

Back