Prediction 2020 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Top 8
GWS (have the cattle)
Western Bulldogs (the Bevo magic is back)
Geelong (home games, high win to loss ratio, will score more goals in 2020 - genuine contender for Flag)
Brisbane (steady, same as last year, hard to win up North when the locals turn up)
Melbourne (will grind out defensive wins in an effective unattractive style)
Richmond (Its party time at Tigerland, they'll play the showcase games, be the envy of lesser clubs but won't be motivated for more premierships)
Carlton (Finally, it all clicks)
Collingwood (look like premiers, then just scrape into the 8, players love Bucks - but fans concede he's never really been much of a tactical coach)
9-18
St Kilda (good trading finally gives them another shot of just missing the top 8)
Port Adelaide (There are 2 Ports: the Top 4 Port and the Bottom 4 Port which gives them a nicely rounded season finish of 10th)
Fremantle (bunch of kids with a new coach and a home ground that's a long way to travel to)
West Coast (banking on Kelly & NicNat to be take them back to a premiership. Big Hole, won't be able to avoid falling into it)
North Melbourne (ordinary)
Gold Coast (will win some more games and still sack coach)
Sydney (rebuild hits a snag when they realise there's not enough talent on their list, plus nobody turns up to see them lose at home)
Adelaide (rebuild)
Essendon (lame duck coach retiring, knives in backs of assistant coaches - Bomber Thompson has a bizarre mic appearance at a reunion pleading for LGBQTI tolerance)
Hawthorn (Bolts is back to teach Clarko how to win a spoon)
Only a Freo fan would have WC finishing 12th, and below Freo.

in no order

WCE
Rich
GWS
Coll
Bris
West
Hawks

8th spot take your pick. Geelong, Melbourne to do what they did in the 90's and start their jekyll and hyde bullshit? Freo? Or still the same crap they've served up the last 3 years? Essendon?????

* knows.

Top 8
GWS (have the cattle)
Western Bulldogs (the Bevo magic is back)
Geelong (home games, high win to loss ratio, will score more goals in 2020 - genuine contender for Flag)
Brisbane (steady, same as last year, hard to win up North when the locals turn up)
Melbourne (will grind out defensive wins in an effective unattractive style)
Richmond (Its party time at Tigerland, they'll play the showcase games, be the envy of lesser clubs but won't be motivated for more premierships)
Carlton (Finally, it all clicks)
Collingwood (look like premiers, then just scrape into the 8, players love Bucks - but fans concede he's never really been much of a tactical coach)
9-18
St Kilda (Bold trading finally gives them another shot of just missing the top 8)
Port Adelaide (There are 2 Ports: the Top 4 Port and the Bottom 4 Port which gives them a nicely rounded season finish of 10th)
Fremantle (bunch of kids with a new coach and a home ground that's a long way to travel to)
West Coast (banking on Kelly & NicNat to be take them back to a premiership. Big Hole, won't be able to avoid falling into it)
North Melbourne (ordinary)
Gold Coast (will win some more games and still sack coach)
Sydney (rebuild hits a snag when they realise there's not enough talent on their list, plus nobody turns up to see them lose at home)
Adelaide (rebuild)
Essendon (lame duck coach retiring, knives in backs of assistant coaches with the old Don, Kevin "The Godfather" Sheedy masterminding it all behind the scenes - Bomber Thompson returns with a bizarre mic appearance at a reunion pleading for LGBQTI tolerance)
Hawthorn (Bolts is back to teach Clarko how to win a spoon)
You’re on crack if you think Melbourne, Port, Carlton, St Kilda and Freo are finishing above West Coast (with the addition of Kelly). But hey, happy new year.

Richmond still the benchmark just elite. However who knows, way to early for this. This time last year Melbourne was suppose to be the benmark.

If you must know, I had Freo and WC finishing equal eleventh, same points, same percentage, but I went with the protocol of alphabetical order.
Don't think the AFL uses that protocol. When both teams have the same number of points, they are separated by percentage, which is determined by number of points for divided by number of points against, multiplied by 100.

I will do it in potential finishing order
1-4 Tigers
1-4 Eagles
2-6 Pies
2-6 Giants
2-8 Lions Should make finals
2-8 Cats If Hawkins misses a lot of games they could miss the top 4
2-8 Dogs Great list and if Keath and Bruce fit in well they will have a big season
4-12 Demons They need to prove it on the park as the list looks ok except for a 2nd key forward Weideman is unproven despite a few good games
6-12 Bombers Not looking good at this stage but with everyone on the park they are a good chance to make the finals
6-12 Port I like the youth and they have a lot of experience but dependant on Dixon having a good year and if Gray goes down that would make it a big struggle to make the 8
8-14 Crows Slim chance to make the 8
9-14 Hawks Only 1 game v the Giants will mean they miss out on finals by 4 points
9-14 North They should be called No mans land with the state of the listSome good players at the end of their careers and then a few good young players not at their peak
10-16 Dockers They have lots of youth coming through and Longmuir should try and get as many games into them as possible and get the 3 tall forwards working together 2021 will be the year for them IMO
10-16 Swans Need a full season from Buddy and play the youth
12-16 Blues Same as the Dockers with the tall forwards key and getting games into the youth
12-16 Saints In a similar situation to North without the good old players, Need to get games into King and Clark along with some other youth to see who has the potential to make it
14-18 Suns Play the youth

A bad injury run for any team will see it fall to that 17-18 place and a lot will need to go right for those teams to sneak into the 8

Don't think the AFL uses that protocol. When both teams have the same number of points, they are separated by percentage, which is determined by number of points for divided by number of points against, multiplied by 100.

I'm pretty sure this is all hypothetical mate .

Richmond still the benchmark just elite. However who knows, way to early for this. This time last year Melbourne was suppose to be the benmark.
Richmond are favourites to finish top. I think it's too obvious. I think they will get 2nd with 16 or 17 wins and miss out on top narrowly by ,% or by 1 win. Don't know who gets top. Eagles, cats or giants I think or even Magpies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Coast
Richmond
GWS
Western Bulldogs
Collingwood
Hawthorn
Brisbane
Geelong
—————————
Melbourne
Essendon
Carlton
Sydney
St Kilda
Port Adelaide
Fremantle
North Melbourne
Adelaide
Gold Coast

I don't know about the rest of the ladder but I can say for sure that Hawthorn won't make the top 8. But that's just my opinion.
It would take an incredible season of coaching from Clarkson to get them into the 8 but if anyone can do it , it is he .
I think they finish 10-13th but it will be the most even season for the teams from 7th to 17th .

It would take an incredible season of coaching from Clarkson to get them into the 8
Those extra 4pts would be a coaching master class no doubt. 🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Back