Prediction 2020 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, settle down mate. No need to be so aggressive.

Do you always become aggressive and resort to personal abuse when you lose an argument?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
What argument? And what abuse? Some mod was having a cry so I kindly gave him/her a solution.

Interesting balance for both sides.

Need to see some early hitouts, but this is how I have it at the moment

No particular order, just groupings

Top 3
Eagles, Tigers, Pies

Finals
Dogs, Cats, Lions, GWS

Couple of sides fighting for the last spot
Ports, Hawks, Swans

Then the rest
Bombers, Saints, Crows, Demons, Blues

Bottom 3
North, Dockers, Suns
Freo might have injuries but I will be damned that freo and north will occupy the bottom 3

Freo might have injuries but I will be damned that freo and north will occupy the bottom 3

Dockers have more scope to improve slightly on that finish, but I don't see them as a threat for the 8 this year. North had a blessed run of injuries last year, even if they replicate that, they won't threaten the 8 either and are also more likely to slide IMHO.

Injuries/lack of cohesion is still the number one factor in how teams finish

Share your predictions tell me how you see it

I wouldnt mind the dogs winning the flag again in 2020, just to piss off half the Big footy baord again like they did in 2016 lol
Can you just imagine the melts <3 Toby McLean to duck a tackle, resulting in a free kick for the game winning goal. I couldn't imagine anything more beautiful

My predictions

1 -Richmond - still the best unit
2 -Collingwood - running out of time but are quality
3 -West coast - Kelly adds more class
4 -Gws - get less injuries is what's needed.
5 -Brisbane - well coached don't see a significant drop like some others are saying.
6 - Bulldogs - are good but not as good as the sides above
7 - Port - there is a strong resolve this year. But where has this resolve been the last few years? They will do enough to sneak in
8 - Hawthorn - will steadily climb back up but won't threaten

9 - Geelong - still have class but my gut feel is they will drop
10 - Carlton- think Teague will make a good coach on the way up
11 - Adelaide - won't drop down like some think.
12 - St Kilda- will be on the right track but no finals this year maybe 2021
13 - North Melbourne - Ditto
14 - Melbourne - not convinced Goodwin may be in trouble soon
15 -Sydney - rebuilding I think
16 - Essendon - will be like Melbourne last year
17 - Freo - rebuild with new coach will get better over the next couple of years
18 - Gold coast - will improve but will be a slow process

My predictions

1 -Richmond - still the best unit
2 -Collingwood - running out of time but are quality
3 -West coast - Kelly adds more class
4 -Gws - get less injuries is what's needed.
5 -Brisbane - well coached don't see a significant drop like some others are saying.
6 - Bulldogs - are good but not as good as the sides above
7 - Port - there is a strong resolve this year. But where has this resolve been the last few years? They will do enough to sneak in
8 - Hawthorn - will steadily climb back up but won't threaten

9 - Geelong - still have class but my gut feel is they will drop
10 - Carlton- think Teague will make a good coach on the way up
11 - Adelaide - won't drop down like some think.
12 - St Kilda- will be on the right track but no finals this year maybe 2021
13 - North Melbourne - Ditto
14 - Melbourne - not convinced Goodwin may be in trouble soon
15 -Sydney - rebuilding I think
16 - Essendon - will be like Melbourne last year
17 - Freo - rebuild with new coach will get better over the next couple of years
18 - Gold coast - will improve but will be a slow process
i call bastardization on this post too

Possible, but North do have a fair few in that 29+ bracket that I don't see getting any better, yet most would be considered best 22

Saints have recruited well, but may take a year to build continuity. Their spine is still a concern but think they will finish higher than North
Don't have too many concerns about our spine.

Down back we have options galore, with Carlisle (who seems back to full fitness, for the first time in 18 months), Howard (who is now coming into his prime years, and who at 22 had one of the top 5 years for 1%ers (mainly spoils) since they started recording the stat), then, if we need him, there's still Brown (in supreme shape still) and then the rapidly improving Josh Battle (in his 4th year).

Then in the middle we have one of, if not the best ruck duo, of Marshall and Ryder.

Up forward we have Membrey, who plays tall and came top 10 in the Coleman last year (his 2nd season of 44 goals), Ryder and Marshall- who can both play forward comfortably. (By the end of 2018 Marshall was best 22 playing mainly forward, and ought to be better there now)- and while it's obviously guesswork as to how King will go, if he struggles, we have Battle again, who is genuinely capable of playing to a good to very good level up either end.

So I certainly don't see our spine to be any sort of liability.

Down back we have options galore, with Carlisle (who seems back to full fitness, for the first time in 18 months), Howard (who is now coming into his prime years, and who at 22 had one of the top 5 years for 1%ers (mainly spoils) since they started recording the stat), then, if we need him, there's still Brown (in supreme shape still) and then the rapidly improving Josh Battle (in his 4th year).

Then in the middle we have one of, if not the best ruck duo, of Marshall and Ryder.

Up forward we have Membrey, who plays tall and came top 10 in the Coleman last year (his 2nd season of 44 goals), Ryder and Marshall- who can both play forward comfortably. (By the end of 2018 Marshall was best 22 playing mainly forward, and ought to be better there now)- and while it's obviously guesswork as to how King will go, if he struggles, we have Battle again, who is genuinely capable of playing to a good to very good level up either end.

problem is with your draw you could be 1-5

I can see Freo finishing last, sacking Longmuir, and crawling back to old mate Rosco to save them.

Thoughts?
no chance for either.

lyon should of coached this season. but thats my personal opinion.

My biggest fear is Justin Longmuir becomes another Scott Watters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Brisbane
2. WC
3. Richmond
4. Bulldogs
5. Port
6. Geelong
7. GWS
8. Carlton
9. Hawthorn
10. Melbourne
11. Collingwood
12. North
13. Adelaide
14. Sydney
15. Essendon
16. Fremantle
17. St Kilda
18. Gold Coast
As much as I love Brisbane, they aint getting top. Happy to be proved wrong though

Never said it was a liability, just a concern.

I doubt you would want an injury to Jake or Howard. Brown is a warrior but his body isn't what it use to be. Battle is developing well, but at his size would struggle on the bigger KPF's

Marshall I rate, but again Ryder's body isn't what it use to be either and Abbott is break glass option

You can always manufacture a forward line, Membrey is underrated, King will take time, Battle a good option

Don't think you are in contention this year for the top 7 or in that group for the last spot

In attempt to get this thread back on topic I have thought hard and long about my predictions.

1st. WC - 17W / 5L - 68pts (Point to prove along with a fit NN & addition of Kelly)
2nd. Coll - 16W / 6L - 64pts (Fire in belly & finally have a fair injury run)
3rd. Rich - 16W / 6L - 64pts (Start well & lead most of the season but slightly tail off in August)
4th. Geel - 14W / 1D / 7L - 58pts (will stay up as they'll win all of their games at the boutique GMHBDLBTQ ground.
5th. WB - 14W / 8L - 56pts (unbeatable at Marvel stadium & finish with another huge %)
6th. Bris - 13W / 9L - 52pts (win enough games at home but with a tougher draw drops them out of the top 4)
7th. GWS - 12W / 1D / 9L - 50 (better run with injuries but pressure from high expectations gets to them. A draw late against the blues costs them a home final.
8th. Hawks - 12W / 10L - 48pts (Titch, Wingard & Patton stay on park along with the best coach in the game who sneaks them in.
9th. Melb - 12W / 10L - 48pts (favourable draw with dream injury run however just miss by the slightest of %)
10th. Nth Melb - 11W / 11L - 44pts (win most at Marvel but multiple losses against bottom 6 teams cost them finals.
11th. Adel - 10W / 12L - 40pts (lack of depth in squad. To much asked from senior players)
12th. Swans - 9W / 13L - 36pts (very competitive throughout season but still early for them)
13th. St. Kilda - 9W / 13L - 36pts (Start season on fire but only win 2 of the last 10 games which costs them)
14th. PA - 8W / 14L - (succumb to high pressure, Hinkley sacked after the bye)

No real particular order as don't want to offend anymore than I have already!

15th to 18th. Frem (injuries hurt them badly) / Ess (biggest drop) / Carlton (Still very raw) & GC (will be competitive in patches but as like Carlton still very green)

QF.2 - Coll 11.19.85 def by Rich 15.9.99 (wasteful kicking costs the pies)
EF.1 - WB 10.12.72 def by Hawks 14.7.91
(WB crumble on big MCG)
QF.1 - WC 18.12.120 def Geel 10.7.67
(Powerful display at home by WC)
EF.2 - Bris 12.8.80 def GWS 8.5.53
(Lions get thier revenge at the Gabba)

SF.2 - Geel 8.9.57 def by Hawks 11.3.69
(Clarkson lays the clamps & Geelongs MCG finals hoodoo continues. Big Footy goes into meltdown)
SF.1 - Coll 16.8.104 def Bris 9.12.66
(Big lead early and gap never closed)

PF.2 Rich 16.11.107 def Hawks 11.9.73
(Hardwick once again has it over his old teacher)
PF.1 WC 13.4.82 def by Coll 12.12.84
(This time WC are victim's to the 1 game in 4 weeks. Coll continues to have one of the best interstate records in the modern era)

The GF that everyone craved last year we finally get and as much as I hate to think it but.....

GF. Rich 13.8.86 def by Coll 16.6.102.

All a bit of fun but hope the last result isn't this haha.

Last edited:
Of course you can make that argument, but the fact Adelaide supporters don’t even agree with your sentiment probably tells you all you need to know. Read the Grand Final preview thread on their board. They were very confident heading into the game and there was no mention of the MCG being a factor. All you’re doing is embarrassing them as they’ve been very good at accepting they were beaten by a better team. They lose with humility and don’t try to conjure up every excuse in the book to explain their shortcomings. I feel that’s strictly a West Coast supporter thing.

As for your reasons, I find them highly unconvincing and you’ve got an incredibly simplistic view on things. Extrapolating results is a very dumb exercise. There are many reasons as to why Adelaide have troubled us over there at those specific moments in time that you obviously have not factored in. You also need to consider a wider sample size and not just H2Hs to properly gauge both respective teams’ quality. Again, this is a typical WCE supporter argument. “We got close to you one time therefore we are on your level”. It doesn’t work that way I’m afraid.

WCE aren’t a flash in the pan? Pop up and pinch a flag then not contend the following season is by definition a flash in the pan.
I dont mind a pinching a flag, I will take it any day, premierships are not easy to win. Hell you waited 37 years before winning one in 2017. Going back to back today with the draft concessions, diluted talent pool, 18 team competition is very tough. If you asked me when Simpson took over if I would take 2 grand finals and 1 flag in 5 years = YEP

West coast are hung over from trying to clean up their act from the Bad Boys they used to have in the earlier years, and they had plenty. The consequence of that is they target squeaky clean players and that takes away the Dustin Martins etc. This is why the Killer instinct is watered down. The upside is they are hugely successful financially and supporter base wise. I would like to see them recruit a few bad boys.
West Coast can challenge any team they need to sort out a few things they can go toe to toe with Richmond need to sort out the ground ball, Richmond smashed us in that area last year at the MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back