Prediction 2020 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

So we have Pies, Saints, GWS and Bulldogs fighting for 3 spots.

One has to miss.

Bulldogs have Hawks and Freo

GWS have Melbourne and St Kilda

Pies have Gold Coast and Port

St Kilda have West Coast and GWS

Probably Pies and Dogs from that.

Cant trust GWS for a second and Saints dunno.

Interesting 2 rounds ahead, I think Collingwood Need to win both games to make the 8. That draw is going to screw us. We had a sloppy few games in the middle of the season, but I think we are starting to build again with what looks like almost a full list available for selection for the last game. I don’t think we can beat Geelong or Richmond in the finals but I think we would be more competitive than the other few teams batting for a spot, GWS & Melbourne will get smoked in an elimination final & the Dogs rely too heavily on the midfield, backline is almost bottom 4. Not sure about the Saints.
I think It will be Geelong vs Richmond GF. From what I have seen of Chris Scott this year he is far and away the best coach strategically & it’s not even close

Interesting 2 rounds ahead, I think Collingwood Need to win both games to make the 8. That draw is going to screw us. We had a sloppy few games in the middle of the season, but I think we are starting to build again with what looks like almost a full list available for selection for the last game. I don’t think we can beat Geelong or Richmond in the finals but I think we would be more competitive than the other few teams batting for a spot, GWS & Melbourne will get smoked in an elimination final & the Dogs rely too heavily on the midfield, backline is almost bottom 4. Not sure about the Saints.
I think It will be Geelong vs Richmond GF. From what I have seen of Chris Scott this year he is far and away the best coach strategically & it’s not even close
Unfortunately I need to agree with you on Scott.

For most of his coaching career I have found him very irritating, but he has his team extremely well organised.

The Dogs are interesting on paper they should win both of their next 2 against the Hawks and Freo. But it's been these types of games over the past couple years they tend to drop and it costs them. Freo are tricky to beat as well, strong defensively and don't give up too many scores. If the doggies win their next 2 they'll make it, good test of their consistency.

Last edited:
The Dogs are interesting on paper they should win both of their next 2 against the Hawks and Freo. But it's been these types of games of the past couple years they tend to drop and it costs them. Freo are tricky to beat as well, strong defensively and don't give up too many scores. If the doggies win their next 2 they'll make it, good test of their consistency.

agree think the Dogs make it now. GWS should but they are hot garbage so who knows. Pies only need 1 win.

Saints could have really done us a favour, tomorrow now decides top 4, I think if Tigers win the top 4 will be pretty secure and you could pencil in the teams just not the order.

Eagles or Tigers the most likely to finish 5th, I reckon they'd do a number on the 8th placed team in week 1 of finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints could have really done us a favour, tomorrow now decides top 4, I think if Tigers win the top 4 will be pretty secure and you could pencil in the teams just not the order.

Eagles or Tigers the most likely to finish 5th, I reckon they'd do a number on the 8th placed team in week 1 of finals.

Tigers lose tonight they will finish 5th. West Coast have North next week and won't lose that.

Tigers lose tonight they will finish 5th. West Coast have North next week and won't lose that.
Correct, it's one or the other that now comes down to tonight, hence why I was really hoping Saints could do the job for us last night and just about have locked us in considering our final game is against the Crows.

Did the ol' ladder predictor this morning and I ended up with:

1. Port
2. Brisbane
3. Geelong
4. WCE
5. Richmond
6. Saints
7. Dogs
8. Pies

Basically assuming that the dogs win out it the last spot in the 8 comes down to Saints v Giants - I have the giants beating melbourne but losing in Round 18.

1. Port
2. Brisbane
3. Geelong
4. WCE
5. Richmond
6. Saints
7. Dogs
8. Pies

Basically assuming that the dogs win out it the last spot in the 8 comes down to Saints v Giants - I have the giants beating melbourne but losing in Round 18.
Did you have Port losing to Collingwood in the last round?

1. Port
2. Brisbane
3. Geelong
4. WCE
5. Richmond
6. Saints
7. Dogs
8. Pies

Did your ladder predictor have Richmond pantsing Geelong. It's becoming more and more likely we'll be repeating last years Qualifying Final playing the Lions at the Gabba. Hopefully with the same result too

Last edited:
Did you ladder predictor have Richmond pantsing Geelong. It's becoming more and more likely we'll be repeating last years Qualifying Final playing the Lions at the Gabba. Hopefully with the same result too :p
I'm hoping Collingwood beat Port in the last round, so we can avoid that.

Bar any major upsets
Port and Brisbane will be 1,2
Richmond 3
Geelong 4
West coast 5

Can’t believe Sportsbet have the saints at $5.50 to miss the 8. They’ll have to beat the giants next week to make it and I’d have the giants as favourites myself. Money for jam.

Can’t believe Sportsbet have the saints at $5.50 to miss the 8. They’ll have to beat the giants next week to make it and I’d have the giants as favourites myself. Money for jam.
There are other results that can go our way (dogs losing a game or Melbourne winning both games in close finishes) but yeah, 5.50 is huge value. We’re a pretty decent chance to miss. Very good insurance option for saints fans.

Their top 8 markets certainly seem a bit off. Collingwood is paying $3.75 to miss the 8 but H2H Gold Coast is currently $3.50 this week - we have to lose both to miss which gives Port a value of around $1.07 next week. We won’t be favourites or anything but that seems like a stretch to me...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back