Remove this Banner Ad

Club Legend
Apr 17, 2006
Collingwood
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
The Mighty Mongooses
So I did a quick search on leadership and couldn't see anything for 2020 ... unless it's under some other title amongst the zillion posts. Mods can move it if so....

Currently this is the 2019 Leadership group - all very fine men no doubt but IMO likely to change for 2020. What are you thoughts?
1571705346253.png

My thoughts are .....

Taylor Adams - from what I can tell he aint going anywhere and if Steele aint the next captain then by all reports Tay will be.
Steele - I don't see why he would be moving out of the leadership role unless he wanted to focus on his own footy.
Scotty - Hmmmm... it's interesting this one. He has gone on record saying he'll hand over the captaincy when he is still playing as he wishes to be there for the next captain like Maxy was for him. So with that said, will he remove himself all together from the leadership group? I'm preusming though for the moment he'll be captain at least for 2020. 👍
Howie - Stays in.
Dunie - Hmmm!?! Probably a cracking bloke and all that but if unable to get onto the park due to injury and maybe 1 yr left why not introduce someone else?

Which is my next point.
I want Grundy locked in and if he gets a 7 year contract then at what stage does he step up to the plate? 2 x Copelands and 2 x AA in a row .... surely it's time yeah?

And what about Darcy too? Sure he has been injured and needs to work on getting cheery ripe but when he joined he was very much being touted as having very strong leadership qualities. Does anyone have any info on him?

Anyone else in or out?

Not a decision we have any bearing on
completely decided by the group themselves
we have no idea as to the true extend of all their leadership qualities within the 4 walls
that being said id like to see Pendles captain for one more year

Not a decision we have any bearing on
completely decided by the group themselves
we have no idea as to the true extend of all their leadership qualities within the 4 walls
that being said id like to see Pendles captain for one more year

yeah but you can say the same about list management yet still have an opinion yeah? 👍

Captain Scott Pendlebury

should be captain, must be captain.

outstanding person and leader.

two vice captains:

steele Sidebottom and a Taylor Adams.

Jeremy Howe the Deputy too.

those 4 are the core leadership group.

then we’ve had the next wave of deputies coming through with Dunny to step back into VFL leadership etc.

next group:

Darcy Moore, Brodie Grundy, Tom Langdon with Jamie Elliott and I can see some extra responsibility given to a maturing Jordan De Goey.

that would be my grouping.

Have a look at the pic on the membership page and see where the club is heading

Not sure where we're headed exactly, but from the look of the accompanying photo it would seem to be a very, very serious place.

The only real query in the leadership is the fair question of whether Brodie Grundy wants such a formal position?

of the deputy or emerging leaders he seems very accepting of the higher spots perhaps less so.

not every player wants such roles, suits some, not others.

if Grundy determines its more to his liking than in the past he will be a bullet to the higher rankings.

traditionally we follow the established lines, so at some point Steele may get a run like Scott Burns did.

then it will pass on a longer time frame to Taylor Adams or if he wishes it to be so, Brodie Grundy.

(Darcy might be his only challenger but will sit as Vice Captain.)

yeah but you can say the same about list management yet still have an opinion yeah?
It's still different
We can somewhat see what the list needs and draft targets etc
But we have no idea about the inside 4 walls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I did a quick search on leadership and couldn't see anything for 2020 ... unless it's under some other title amongst the zillion posts. Mods can move it if so....

Currently this is the 2019 Leadership group - all very fine men no doubt but IMO likely to change for 2020. What are you thoughts?
View attachment 768825

My thoughts are .....

Taylor Adams - from what I can tell he aint going anywhere and if Steele aint the next captain then by all reports Tay will be.
Steele - I don't see why he would be moving out of the leadership role unless he wanted to focus on his own footy.
Scotty - Hmmmm... it's interesting this one. He has gone on record saying he'll hand over the captaincy when he is still playing as he wishes to be there for the next captain like Maxy was for him. So with that said, will he remove himself all together from the leadership group? I'm preusming though for the moment he'll be captain at least for 2020. 👍
Howie - Stays in.
Dunie - Hmmm!?! Probably a cracking bloke and all that but if unable to get onto the park due to injury and maybe 1 yr left why not introduce someone else?

Which is my next point.
I want Grundy locked in and if he gets a 7 year contract then at what stage does he step up to the plate? 2 x Copelands and 2 x AA in a row .... surely it's time yeah?

And what about Darcy too? Sure he has been injured and needs to work on getting cheery ripe but when he joined he was very much being touted as having very strong leadership qualities. Does anyone have any info on him?

Anyone else in or out?
His coach at Oakleigh lauded his leadership abilities and he led four teams to flags as a captain in his junior years. Was college captain at Carey too. From an early interview after he arrived, he seemed to indicate that he harboured captaincy ambitions at Collingwood.

Brodie looks a natural leader, the only question is does he want to be captain?

Adams seems groomed for the role. My only question, does he lack a bit of charisma?

Of the emerging group, Langdon might drop about depending on fitness. Maynard might be a dark horse for higher leadership duties.

His coach at Oakleigh lauded his leadership abilities and he led four teams to flags as a captain in his junior years. Was college captain at Carey too. From an early interview after he arrived, he seemed to indicate that he harboured captaincy ambitions at Collingwood.

Brodie looks a natural leader, the only question is does he want to be captain?

Adams seems groomed for the role. My only question, does he lack a bit of charisma?

Of the emerging group, Langdon might drop about depending on fitness. Maynard might be a dark horse for higher leadership duties.
In one of the articles that came out about him in the week of the prelim, Maynard mentioned he had leadership aspirations. He's obviously a bit of a lad but I think he's pretty demonstrative on the field with the other defenders.

It’s Crock O’Clock
Lol
very good.

(and he was captain of oakleigh in the juniors too I believe. Just to add to the spice.)

Not sure but this guy must be a lock

I’m predicting with guesswork only:

• Scott Pendlebury ~ Captain
  • Steele Sidebottom ~ Vice Captain
  • Taylor Adams ~ Vice Captain
  • Jeremy Howe ~ Vice Captain
thats the main leadership group with the above order the seniority hence Steele would toss the coin if Scott resting.

Emerging Leaders:

• Brodie Grundy
  • Darcy Moore
  • Tom Langdon
  • Jamie Elliott

I’m predicting with guesswork only:

• Scott Pendlebury ~ Captain
  • Steele Sidebottom ~ Vice Captain
  • Taylor Adams ~ Vice Captain
  • Jeremy Howe ~ Vice Captain
thats the main leadership group with the above order the seniority hence Steele would toss the coin if Scott resting.

Emerging Leaders:

• Brodie Grundy
  • Darcy Moore
  • Tom Langdon
  • Jamie Elliott
Wasn't Maynard an emerging leader?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back