List Mgmt. 2020 Leadership group?

Remove this Banner Ad

Realistically not much change here.
There's 4 standout names that will continue---Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Adams and Howe.
There may be room for one more.

I like having a player from each line in the leadership group. The forwards remain unrepresented. I like Mihocek for his commitment and discipline and would like to see him in the leadership group.
Pfft. Wilson please

yeah but you can say the same about list management yet still have an opinion yeah? 👍
Yeah but we can see how a bloke runs, kicks and marks and use that as a basis for discussing list management - obviously we don't have the whole picture of attitude like the club have. With leadership all we can see is how often a bloke points somewhere, god knows if his pointing is effective or useful.

We can see who leads by example, who digs deep when the going gets tough and whose onfield exploits seem to inspire, but those guys often aren't in the leadership group - Grundy, Degoey, because leadership groups seem to be about off-field things and maybe on-field traffic direction. You can see who is directing, but god knows if they're giving good instructions.

magpie.central seems a little bit too concerned with his online following to make good leadership material. Bit of an out of the box nomination from you, truth be told?
I think you're selling him short, has a lot of followers

I like having a player from each line in the leadership group. The forwards remain unrepresented. I like Mihocek for his commitment and discipline and would like to see him in the leadership group.

You haven't heard him speak, have you? He's committed to footy because he is unemployable....

Things said to the player by the photographer 5 seconds before the photo was taken...

1. Taylor try to look like a captain
2. Steele if you dont get serious, I'll keep you here for another hour
3. Pendles, you've had better years
4. Howie, Melbourne just rang and said you stole the players trip money before you left
5. Dunny, just one more photo and you can go to the dunny...

1572420424787.png

Realistically not much change here.
There's 4 standout names that will continue---Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Adams and Howe.
There may be room for one more.
Probably won't be much change, but Howe was the only one of this quartet who stood up in the prelim final.

Sorry, my response could have been better. But look, Mihocek is team-oriented, hard-working, tenacious and congenial. Most employers would have him in a heartbeat. Am I taking this too seriously?

well footy is serious on occasions. I agree with you about Mihocek. I also like his efforts but I wouldnt want to put him in a position where he has to deal with team issues. And he doesnt appear to be the type of person who would want to be a spokesperson for the club..... as I said in my post, he's a very uncomplicated sort of guy. He's also still on the rookie list, which probably demonstrates how much of a team player he is, but it would only raise issues with the media to put him a leadership position.

Sorry no jokes this time but I promise a big effort in the near future

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Based purely on the membership cards we got this year.

(Im assuming each category of membership has same picture on card, sorry if thats an error on my part.)

the leadership group will be hence:

• Scott Pendlebury ~ Captain
  • Steele Sidebottom ~ Vice Captain
  • Taylor Adams ~ Vice Captain
  • Jeremy Howe ~ Deputy Vice Captain
  • Brodie Grundy ~ Deputy Vice Captain
They are the five players on the card and with Jeremy there, does suggest leadership group and Brodie has entered the group. He reeks of future captain.

How they are placed with leadership tiles is my guess, as I’m sure Scott stays captain.
The other four, how they are named, not certain except Steele and Taylor lead the next level on ongoing seniority in position.

the big news would be the elevation of Brodie.

as a separate adjunct, I’ll assume we will have the emerging or next group of leaders group as well.

Id suggest they would be, based on past year etc:

Darcy Moore
Tom Langdon
Jamie Elliott
Adam Treloar
Jack Crisp

but the above five is just speculation on my part.

any inside word when the announcement made official?

Based purely on the membership cards we got this year.

(Im assuming each category of membership has same picture on card, sorry if thats an error on my part.)

the leadership group will be hence:

• Scott Pendlebury ~ Captain
  • Steele Sidebottom ~ Vice Captain
  • Taylor Adams ~ Vice Captain
  • Jeremy Howe ~ Deputy Vice Captain
  • Brodie Grundy ~ Deputy Vice Captain
They are the five players on the card and with Jeremy there, does suggest leadership group and Brodie has entered the group. He reeks of future captain.

How they are placed with leadership tiles is my guess, as I’m sure Scott stays captain.
The other four, how they are named, not certain except Steele and Taylor lead the next level on ongoing seniority in position.

the big news would be the elevation of Brodie.

as a separate adjunct, I’ll assume we will have the emerging or next group of leaders group as well.

Id suggest they would be, based on past year etc:

Darcy Moore
Tom Langdon
Jamie Elliott
Adam Treloar
Jack Crisp

but the above five is just speculation on my part.
I think Maynard might get into the emerging group.

Definitely seems like they're pointing towards Grundy being in the group given he's with the four existing leaders. Dunny probably doesn't make the cut given he'll be relegated to a SSP recruitment.

But I was always under the impression that Collingwood votes on its leaders at the pre-season camp every year? Perhaps Grundy is just included on there because he's our "franchise player" for lack of a better term.

I think Maynard might get into the emerging group.
I thought he already was? Regardless, the feature article on him from AFL Media just prior to the QF stated he does have leadership aspirations and given the homework he does on every opponent (writing details down in a journal, etc) it seems he's focused enough to earn the right to be a leader.

I thought he already was? Regardless, the feature article on him from AFL Media just prior to the QF stated he does have leadership aspirations and given the homework he does on every opponent (writing details down in a journal, etc) it seems he's focused enough to earn the right to be a leader.
Leadership will be good for him. Grundy hasn't forecast his leadership ambitions but it would seem logical that he would be a good leader as he seems to be on and off the field. When Moore first came to the club he indicated that he had leadership aspirations. He hinted that he would like to be captain some time in the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back