Official Club Stuff 2020 Leon Davis Medal - congrats Patrick Dangerfield

Leon Davis Medal winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This was made in 2018:

...and considering his 76 votes this year, G.Rohan has likely polled more Leon Davis votes at a career level than anyone in history.

View attachment 996929
If the Brownlow is a midfielder award, the Leon is a forward award (mostly small forward)

Gary Rohan clearly a winner but he has a rich vein of form in grand finals. His 5 disposals can be matched by his 5 disposals in the 16 grand final. His career peak of 7 disposals in the 14 grand final an obvious highlight.

Not sure why the Swans let him go for pick 61.

Nominating players from the team that won by 10 goals 😆

The draw:

Without a doubt Sam Gilbert.

Had multiple opportunities to win the game for the Saints, but ultimately was too sh*t. Cloke set up the goal that levelled it. Davis kicked a huge goal against the run of play in the last.

Gilbert just Gilberted it. Those turnovers streaming into 50 were just 🤣

Gilbert wasn't our worst, he kicked a great goal in the 3rd quarter to spark our comeback, again Eddy and Peake were worse along with Davis.

Looking at the stats Dayne Beams should have been in the mix too, he had the lowest Supercoach score for the game apart from Gardiner who was injured.

Lynch when you are on that much money as a mercenary, plus all the Tuggers will melt about it.
Lol why would they melt?
You could name the tigers players the worst 22 on the ground and no tigers fan should give a *?

Lol why would they melt?
You could name the tigers players the worst 22 on the ground and no tigers fan should give a fu**?
Also, after watching the replay for the 20th time I noticed that the game was on the line at 3quarter time... Lynch was huge in the 4th... Hawkins/Dangerfield not so much.

Actually can we give the Leon to Chris Scott because he had an utter stinker.
He is on a pair against us in finals, last year it was Blicavs in the ruck, this year leaving Danger up forward?

Nominating players from the team that won by 10 goals 😆

The draw:

Without a doubt Sam Gilbert.

Had multiple opportunities to win the game for the Saints, but ultimately was too sh*t. Cloke set up the goal that levelled it. Davis kicked a huge goal against the run of play in the last.

Gilbert just Gilberted it. Those turnovers streaming into 50 were just 🤣

The replay:

The human trampoline that is Koshitski. Ben Reid did things to him that are illegal in most countries.

Also Riewoldt for being a knob and getting mega smothered by Big Heath!
There were separate normies so their are separate leons. Us flogs must hold ourselves to the same standards as the AFL.

Davis did his standard act before getting one goal and Clokes misses pretty much cost collingwood the game.

I hate Gilbert but he was good in the draw.

He is on a pair against us in finals, last year it was Blicavs in the ruck, this year leaving Danger up forward?
That one game where Danger kicked 5 as a forward against a middling hawks side in 2017 was possibly the worst thing in Paddy's career, made Scott think that Danger is a viable forward. Fyfe is legit a better forward then Danger and Dusty might as well be Lockett compared to danger.

There were separate normies so their are separate leons. Us flogs must hold ourselves to the same standards as the AFL.

Davis did his standard act before getting one goal and Clokes misses pretty much cost collingwood the game.

I hate Gilbert but he was good in the draw.
I'd like to think that our standards are a fair bit higher!!

That one game where Danger kicked 5 as a forward against a middling hawks side in 2017 was possibly the worst thing in Paddy's career, made Scott think that Danger is a viable forward. Fyfe is legit a better forward then Danger and Dusty might as well be Lockett compared to danger.
Even Jnr is a better forward option than Danger & would have been a stronger overhead mark even with his busted shoulder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gary Rohan clearly a winner but he has a rich vein of form in grand finals. His 5 disposals can be matched by his 5 disposals in the 16 grand final. His career peak of 7 disposals in the 14 grand final an obvious highlight.

Not sure why the Swans let him go for pick 61.
The fact he played in the 14, then 16 is an injustice in itself.
Surely after 6 years, coaches realise Gary’s game doesn’t stack up in finals. He’s a front runner. When the going gets tough, he’s never around the intense moments. He likes a cheap kick too often during the season.

Tigers supporters must have been happy as sh*t seeing Geelongs best match winner in the middle as a full forward.
Pleasantly confused. I was telling myself at halftime that we're ****ed if Geelong play their clearance game and get all of the opportunities to feed it into the forward line. Then Chris Scott put his best midfielder in the forward line like he's on the All-Australian committee. At first I thought he had some sort of genius plan, but...

Pleasantly confused. I was telling myself at halftime that we're f’ed if Geelong play their clearance game and get all of the opportunities to feed it into the forward line. Then Chris Scott put his best midfielder in the forward line like he's on the All-Australian committee. At first I thought he had some sort of genius plan, but...

Ha, nice one :thumbsupemoji:

Why isn't Gryan Miers in the list!?

Then Chris Scott put his best midfielder in the forward line like he's on the All-Australian committee. At first I thought he had some sort of genius plan, but...

It was brother Brad relaying into Chris' ear the instructions from Brad's cousin (but not Chris' cousin).

No wonder the poor knobend was confused and made such a move.

He also ignored the sage advice to press up hard and run like mad.

We all knew Rohan was gonna be s**t though so Rioli for me, only getting one solitary kick and it came with less than 5 mins to go, Vlaustin had more impact on the game than Rioli did. He downhill skied the s**t out of that game and got a medal for it.

Honorable mention goes to Paddy for once again not Turing up in a big game, he must cry at night thinking about how good Dusty plays in the big time moments. They way Dusty brushed him away like an annoying fly to kick his 4th was a fitting end to Paddy's dream of a Premiership.

Anthony Rock probably deserving of the 1998 Leon for only getting 3 possessions (albeit he started on the bench)

Shannon Grant in 1996 with 8 possessions on the wing

The geelong coach really should make the poll for leaving Dangerfield forward when the ball was not even getting up there. WTF was that boneheaded move? Too proud to admit his mistake and move his #1 ball winner back into the ball. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤡

Tigers supporters must have been happy as sh*t seeing Geelongs best match winner in the middle as a full forward.
Yeah I was sitting there in the 3rd quarter stoked about that. Especially when we moved Grimes onto him instead of Broad, he was never going to dominate against Grimes.

Anyway I think Rohan's performance is too overwhelming to ignore for this award. But I'm surprised by the lack of Bilcavs, thought he was next worst, and Rioli.

Back