List Mgmt. 2020 List Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m quite bullish about some of the young talent North have. I hope we go down a similar route. These players have all shown something this year.

Bailey Scott
Luke Davies-Uniacke
Jy Simpkin
Aiden Bonar
Nick Larkey
Ben Mckay
Tarryn Thomas
Curtis Taylor
Jack Mahony
Flynn Perez
Tristan Xerri
Cameron Zuurhuar
Kyron Hayden

You left out Will Walker, but it's not a bad list.

I'm not sure why it should matter whether they were well paid or not. The fact that for most of them their careers in football are over before their 30th birthday shows that this is a tough ruthless caper.

Guys like Crocker and Murphy have had two or three years on the base wage.

It doesn't really matter how much people get paid, some supporters are just fixated on the money.

AFL careers are very short for the average player and while it should help you out significantly if you played for a while, it is not like it is enough to retire on. I guess it is why Brad was keen on players having at least a house when they were done, would give them some financial security.

Knowing our luck we will probably rookie Atley brother to the club.
Garner should buy a Tatts ticket and thank god his going to be staying and Hall and Tyson should buy one each for cam Joyce for giving them a 3 year deal other wise they would be gone
They may be trying to trade these guys and will delist them after they get no interest.

Kayne has always been around the mark. I feel we've been just warming up on Froggy this year.

FWIW, I believe Shaun Atley will firm in markets as the season draws closer.

I reckon he was told a few weeks ago he was a required player and has turned it around a bit. I think our first pick is a Smokey, you watch the knives come if he isn’t Rowell.

Also, when commenting on this market ‘The Racebook’ had these notes about the Skipper - has some claims.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It doesn't really matter how much people get paid, some supporters are just fixated on the money.

Their $400 membership entitles them to X amount of stats per dollar. :rolleyes:

Today is the first sign that we "may" be on the right track. You look at the 11 players delisted - some may find a new home, but NONE will play 20 AFL games for any other AFL club.
I think you are right All 11 were good calls by the club but the only one I’m concerned that will rip it up at another club is Mason Wood . Built like Tarzan played like Jane for us .
Hope I’m wrong but I can see this guy one day playing for an opposition club & ripping us a new one .... 😂

Good post. Too much hindsight at play. When it was first mooted we would get Tyson for Preuss, I was over the moon. A best 22 for a guy that was predominantly a Reserves player

Sadly it hasn't worked out but I do hope he is 100% at Round 1 and gets a decent run at it
This year should have been his chance, with cunners and ziebell injured.

Just unluckily.

Bonar came second in the 20m sprint at draft câmp didn't he?

The fact he doesn't appear super quick on field is why I don't really obsess over raw athletic speed.

(Not knocking Aiden, I think he'll be a player).

I think you are right All 11 were good calls by the club but the only one I’m concerned that will rip it up at another club is Mason Wood . Built like Tarzan played like Jane for us .
Hope I’m wrong but I can see this guy one day playing for an opposition club & ripping us a new one .... 😂
4EAC81DF-3D91-442B-8367-B87FA3BB4A8E.gif

Full credit to Shaw doing this. It's a several year plan and coaches don't normally get several years. He has put his career and reputation on the line.

If we hit a million injuries again it may be a similar tough year and we need to acknowledge the brave decisions made now.
and when we can realistically expect a move up the ladder.

Must go for youth through the draft and avoid 25 year old list cloggers. McKay was pick 20 odd and Walker was for nothing. The Lions got Lyons, now an elite mid fielder, again for nothing There is often hidden value in the draft that a nuanced hand can grab but I cannot see us in the finals for three/four years. So go young.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back