List Mgmt. 2020 List Changes

Happy with all of them and highly doubt any will he picked up.

Right decision, look forward to the new era.

Thats very Harsh... I can IUB going well all alone on the GWS board

Kato

Team Captain
Oct 28, 2002
New York
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
UK (University of Kentucky)
Some changes sad about (maj and pittard), my question is how we going to fill the openings..? Say list size changes by 2 that leaves 9 openings, we have 6 picks (one being round 5) that makes at least 3 from other clubs...wonder if we have some already locked away...

Jindrrk

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2016
Macau
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
*, St Dwarves, Lolmond
I'll be livid if Higgins, Polec and Brown go. More so on the first two.

JZ I am really disappointed in tbh, not just this year but feels like he has been degrading each year. I really hope next year he does well.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Second time. Because there’s a swarm of bees in my air conditioner and I thought I’d deal with something less painful.

I was incorrect.

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Some changes sad about (maj and pittard), my question is how we going to fill the openings..? Say list size changes by 2 that leaves 9 openings, we have 6 picks (one being round 5) that makes at least 3 from other clubs...wonder if we have some already locked away...
List changes are likely to go down by 4-9 more than two. 38+2 was the whisper for a while and on the telecast last night they mentioned 35 as the mooted number.

I think 44 down to 40 is more likely. Means with eleven gone and Corr coming we'd need to fill six spots via trade, FA and draft. Not that crazy.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Unfortunately, yes.

There's enough zombies out there to give it oxygen.
It will be the inspirational story to uplift the spirits of the world after Covid. Good heavens, we need to be inspired. Those we're with you Victoria ads only lifted my spirits for about 40 minutes.

Last edited:

Asifhe Givashe

All Australian
Jan 14, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I would like to see Campbell, Tyson,garner, Kayne , Aiden,xerri added to that list along with atley and dumont possible trades.

Atley, Turner and Dumont trades I agree with but Xerri is a fine developing ruckman. Love the lookof the big guy and see him as the natural replacement for Goldy in 2025.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
So his ahead of maj? Disappointing!

Comparing Majak with any other developing player is a pointless exercise.

Unique story, unique player.

Limited in some aspects, significantly gifted in others.

Let's just celebrate it.

So his ahead of maj? Disappointing!

Come on. I'm one of Maj's biggest fan's but he's 29 - Xerri is what 21-22 next season?

I think Maj was a bit unlucky that Campbell was contracted.

11 players sounds like a bloodbath on paper but I think it's more that being first cab off the rank makes it more abrupt.

Cats either delisted or did a token trade out for 11 players after the 2018 season, including a kid we took in the first round, and our second highest goal scorer. That wasn't going into a season with list cuts either.

Looks abrupt but likely in line with most clubs this season. Given many of those clubs will be delisting some who have played a bit there'll be some DFA players looking around. Not dire.
We did eleven in 2016 and ten two years later I think. We've delisted 46 players since the end of 2016 iirc.

Back