Analysis 2020 List, Game Plan and Best 22?

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree. Impacted by consecutive injuries, hip issue not fixed until off season. We didn't get to see him at his best last year, his accuracy in front of goal was missed.

With Buddy coming back from an interrupted preseason, Wilbur's form in our early games is going to especially important
I think a fit Will is incredibly important. This is a guy who has the ability to win games off his own boot at the lower levels. So there is no doubting his ability. His fitness is the only thing holding him back and I am led to believe he is going to be ready and raring to go by game one if everything falls into place

On U27 using BigFooty.com mobile app

There are so many midfielders now that I limit "elite" to the top 8 or so.

Parker is not a top 8 midfielder, but who cares he's bloody good and has not gotten enough due credit imo.

There are so many midfielders now that I limit "elite" to the top 8 or so.

Parker is not a top 8 midfielder, but who cares he's bloody good and has not gotten enough due credit imo.

He gets lots of credit

He gets lots of credit
Disagree. Rarely gets spoken about compared to other midfielders, and then has people on here still call him overrated every week that he doesn't get 30+ touches and kick 2+ goals.

Disagree. Rarely gets spoken about compared to other midfielders, and then has people on here still call him overrated every week that he doesn't get 30+ touches and kick 2+ goals.

didnt mean on here

meant media, ratings, the club, brownlow votes etc

didnt mean on here

Still think he's rarely spoken about compared to the likes of Danger, Fyfe, Martin, Cripps, Bont or Mitchell. Or even the likes of Neale, Pendlebury, Kelly or Coniglio. That puts him around the same level as someone like Sloane or Zorko, which I reckon is about right.

Still think he's rarely spoken about compared to the likes of Danger, Fyfe, Martin, Cripps, Bont or Mitchell. Or even the likes of Neale, Pendlebury, Kelly or Coniglio. That puts him around the same level as someone like Sloane or Zorko, which I reckon is about right.

yeah thats where the general experts rate him thats about right

would take him last out of all those, just

actually as good as zorko is id put him last

Maybe people are allowed to just not rate a player that much? Seems strange that on this board it's open season on the young fellas but if there's some flaws in the blokes who have been around for a decade it's considered blasphemous to speak of them. Should be the other way round IMO.

Maybe people are allowed to just not rate a player that much? Seems strange that on this board it's open season on the young fellas but if there's some flaws in the blokes who have been around for a decade it's considered blasphemous to speak of them. Should be the other way round IMO.
Who is potting the young fellas? Every ******* week since Titchell left we've had to hear about how overrated Parker (who has been loyal despite apparently big offers from Essendon) is.

or we all just give our opinions, chat footy and get over it if you disagree

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is potting the young fellas? Every ******* week since Titchell left we've had to hear about how overrated Parker (who has been loyal despite apparently big offers from Essendon) is.

remember the great man
2C35ABA4-7113-4BAD-BF1F-B55F872D7AC6.jpeg

or we all just give our opinions, chat footy and get over it if you disagree
Don't get your point.

You're free to have your opinion. I'm also free to say I disagree and that I'm sick of reading about how overrated Parker is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is potting the young fellas? Every ******* week since Titchell left we've had to hear about how overrated Parker is.

So deal with it. I am saying it's comedic hearing some people jump on anyone who says anything critical of Parker when those same people always have something to offer that's critical of a youngster, as though it's outrageous to pick on a leader whose played nearly 200 games but it's acceptable to do so to a kid with under 50 games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't get your point.

You're free to have your opinion. I'm also free to say I disagree and that I'm sick of reading about how overrated Parker is.

you absolutely are 100% right to disagree

i wasnt talking about you though...
my point was you can do that

caeser can think what he likes

ill whinge about naismith 400 times

we can all talk about whatever we want as long as you dont break the actual rules

but i dont get the sick of reading whatever, just dont read it..

its just a game

So deal with it. I am saying it's comedic hearing some people jump on anyone who says anything critical of Parker when those same people always have something to offer that's critical of a youngster, as though it's outrageous to pick on a leader whose played nearly 200 games but it's acceptable to do so to a kid with under 50 games.
You're the one that needs to deal with it, caeser. You're allowed to call Parker overrated. I'm allowed to say it's becoming boring reading you flogging at the same dead horse you have been for 3 years now.
you absolutely are 100% right to disagree

i wasnt talking about you though...
my point was you can do that

caeser can think what he likes

ill whinge about naismith 400 times

we can all talk about whatever we want as long as you dont break the actual rules

but i dont get the sick of reading whatever, just dont read it..

its just a game
To a certain extent, yeah, but rather read people make some interesting points than reading the same thing over and over again. Anyway, just my opinion.

You're the one that needs to deal with it, caeser. You're having a sook because people are saying they're sick of you flogging at a dead horse that you have been for 3 years now. You're allowed to call Parker overrated. I'm allowed to say it's becoming boring reading you saying Parker is overrated.

To a certain extent, yeah, but rather read people make some interesting points than reading the same thing over and over again. Anyway, just my opinion.

i cant post all day mate... so there wont be greatness on every page......

You're the one that needs to deal with it, caeser. You're allowed to call Parker overrated. I'm allowed to say it's becoming boring reading you flogging at the same dead horse you have been for 3 years now.

Colour me boring then

Don't get your point.

He is not overrated he just has a habit of being a ****ing lazy sod at times who can also on occasion excel in the art of the hacked kick. He should also stick his finger in his ass instead of twirling it every time he kicks a goal. Other than that his rating is Good Player. Admittedly a player we cannot do with out with the current status of this list. As you can see I do not overrate him.

This whole Parker debate started when LukeParkerNo1 said He only wants to see 1 of Parker or Kennedy in the midfield at any one time.
I disagreed by starting with 'Parker and JPK have been Elite and are still at the least very good inside midfielders'... Note - it is written in past tense. I went on to say that their experience and leadership is a major benefit to developing young mids, not to mention they can carry a lot of the body work thereby protecting the young mids.
LukeParkerNo1 disagreed saying 'Parker isn't elite'.

Ill stand by my original point that they Have been Elite midfielders (Parker - All Australian and 2nd in the Brownlow is clear evidence that he was Elite) and are still very good
Ill stand by my opinion that they both have a massive role to play in the development / rebuild of our future midfield.

didnt mean on here

I care more about what we think than what media think to be fair :p

This whole Parker debate started when LukeParkerNo1 said He only wants to see 1 of Parker or Kennedy in the midfield at any one time.
I disagreed by starting with 'Parker and JPK have been Elite and are still at the least very good inside midfielders'... Note - it is written in past tense. I went on to say that their experience and leadership is a major benefit to developing young mids, not to mention they can carry a lot of the body work thereby protecting the young mids.

Ill stand by my original point that they Have been Elite midfielders (Parker - All Australian and 2nd in the Brownlow is clear evidence that he was Elite) and are still very good
Ill stand by my opinion that they both have a massive role to play in the development / rebuild of our future midfield.

I think 'elite' probably varies depending on who you ask. Evidently you've taken into account statistics or accolades. I personally consider 'elite' to mean a player who can win games and cause the opposition grief, a variable that's not always quantifiable in an award or statistic (let's remember Heath Grundy never received an All Australian.) I don't think Parker has ever hurt opposition teams with pace, or skill, or awareness, or composure in tight. They're just not attributes he possesses, but they happen to be pretty important attributes in an elite mid in my opinion. Does he have an unrelenting willingness to put his head over the ball and kill himself for his team? Absolutely, but that's a quality that's fairly common. It makes him a good, solid mid IMO.

But it's worth noting that that is actually a huge compliment to Parker, given I think he should be a forward.) Guess it's a testament to how we can all be watching the same thing but see things so differently!

Well see you’re mistake here is that it was not written in the “past” tense but in the “present perfect” tense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back