Analysis 2020 List, Game Plan and Best 22?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not the boot lase of Hanners

Hammers kicking was shitful yes but he was imo so underrated

guy was a absolute star

Interesting that Hanners was an absolute star despite his shitful kicking, but you say Florent won't be because of it.

It has puzzled me why, with Hanners going, JPK, Jack, Parker all ageing, the Swans haven't tried to trade or draft a big bodied inside mid over the last few years. The makeup of our midfield is evolving, moving away from the Swans being the best contested ball team, to, a pacey, skilful midfield.

All those posters who have been demanding a change in the game plan, maybe the Recruiters have been onto that for a few years now??
patience is a virtue

Imagine a quick and skilful midfield, being fed off half back by guys like Dawson, Gould, Mills, Alliirr, Ling, Lloyd. Could be a good time to be a forward.

I think that's exactly where we're going and have already started shifting (Florent, Hayward, Papley and Jones have attended a lot of contests and won a decent share of our clearances over the last two years and you'd assume they want Stephens and Clarke to get amongst it too. Maybe even Taylor or Gray).

Pure contested ball has probably become less important as the turnover/intercept game has developed across the league. I'm not convinced teams specifically need a pure inside bull and certainly I don't think they need more than one. Look at the way the Dees got found out in 2019 with a surplus of them, and the way Port win heaps of ball via Wines and SPP then do precisely nothing useful with it.

Last edited:

Can’t see florent becoming a pure a grader
Just doesn’t have that level in him imo
250 game player for the club will do me fine.
Sort of like a Jude Bolton who played 300games for our club & grabbing 2 p'ships along the way.
He was never an A Grader. Just a good old fashioned Blood!

250 game player for the club will do me fine.
Sort of like a Jude Bolton who played 300games for our club & grabbing 2 p'ships along the way.
He was never an A Grader. Just a good old fashioned Blood!

Jude Bolton was a great clubman who also played with some of the greatest swans players ever

Florent will need some stars with him to have The same success

Interesting that Hanners was an absolute star despite his shitful kicking, but you say Florent won't be because of it.
You have raised one similar thing

Hanners all so put florent to shame inside the contest , gut running and doesn’t shirt a contest like florent has done multiple times

Think we can agree Florent is a good player regardless

Doesn’t need to be Hannebery or Bolton etc

I think a lot would agree he is not the future of the clubs success more a nice complementary piece which every club needs

Many would think he is a star I guess fair enough if you do

Florent at the start of 19 should have been in the 2s

shitful first half

He’s a bit like cunningham and he got past the shirking the issue to become a handy clubman

Think we can agree Florent is a good player regardless

Doesn’t need to be Hannebery or Bolton etc

I think a lot would agree he is not the future of the clubs success more a nice complementary piece which every club needs

Many would think he is a star I guess fair enough if you do
What has he or look like a star?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What has he or look like a star?

Florent? Star? I think he’s no where near looking a future star

Just know that many might disagree that’s fine

He’s just a player (which I don’t mean as a negative) handy club player or nice trade piece to improve the list

To me he has no elite attributes

He doesn’t get much of it
Doesn’t use it at Elite levels
No elite speed or evasive skills

But a good AFL player which not many are

Could see him being like schnieder and being shipped off mid career

Why? Just don’t think he will rack up possession numbers

Rather florent getting 19 than Lloyd 35 useless touches
Fair enough. But they are different players having different roles for the benefit of the team & they will both make plenty of mistakes.
The important thing is that they combine well for the team & do more good with their roles than bad.

Fair enough. But they are different players having different roles for the benefit of the team & they will both make plenty of mistakes.
The important thing is that they combine well for the team & do more good with their roles than bad.

Agree it’s all part of piecing the whole thing together

22 players can’t rack up 40 touches a week

No different to pointing out years in the system

People 53 games in don’t suddenly become stars from no where

When those 53 games have been spent almost entirely developing and not anywhere close to a player's prime, then they absolutely do. He has had some starring games, and some not so. Why is it so difficult for you to grasp that someone might just think those starring games will become more and more regular?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back