Analysis 2020 List, Game Plan and Best 22?

Remove this Banner Ad

RobbieK

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney
if only you watched the game instead of reading meaningless stats i might actually give a fu** about your views on the game
I watch the games. That's why I know the stats are right and you are talking out of your arse.

The club deserve better supporters than this. We miss the finals for the first time in a decade after the league intentionally changes a bunch of rules to specifically target our ability to maintain a strong list and this place turns in to Lord of the Flies, no player, no coach, no club official is spared the hysterical and misdirected bile of this pathetic angry mob.

Yeah I noticed his disposal and composure were not great in the North Melbourne game. But he is 22 and in the second year on our list. I feel that if can make slight improvement in that area, he can be a useful player for us. Because I think we can use a gut running ball winner.

And we don't have a lot of inside midfield depth beyond Kennedy, Parker, Hewett, Rowbottom and Florent. So we will need him during the season.
I agree... he's still learning (tagging) and is not expected to peak until 25ish, so lets give him some time.

Am I expecting him to be the next Cripps, Fyfe etc, then no. But he may well turn into one of those top of the second tier midfielders who players a really important role. Let's just give him some time...

Wolftone

Cancelled
Feb 1, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Tbh I don't think either of JPK or Parker blend well with those two. Just two different approaches that seem very obvious looking at them.

But JPK has his moments with them where they seem to click.
If you look at the Eagles match last year and second quarter last game you will see differently. They blend well. JPK is better with the more Hannas like Taylor

On U27 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last game vs Crows:

FB: Jake Lloyd - Dane Rampe - Kaiden Brand
HB: Callum Mills - Tom McCartin - Aliir Aliir
C: Harry Cunningham - Luke Parker - Sam Gray
HF: Will Hayward - Nick Blakey - Lewis Taylor
FF: Oliver Florent - Isaac Heeney - Jordan Dawson
FOL: Sam Naismith - Josh P. Kennedy - Tom Papley
IC: James Rowbottom - Ben Ronke - Justin McInerney - Colin O'Riordan

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
Last game vs Crows:

FB: Jake Lloyd - Dane Rampe - Kaiden Brand
HB: Callum Mills - Tom McCartin - Aliir Aliir
C: Harry Cunningham - Luke Parker - Sam Gray
HF: Will Hayward - Nick Blakey - Lewis Taylor
FF: Oliver Florent - Isaac Heeney - Jordan Dawson
FOL: Sam Naismith - Josh P. Kennedy - Tom Papley
IC: James Rowbottom - Ben Ronke - Justin McInerney - Colin O'Riordan
Great lineup that took us to a thumping 3 point victory. Why would you change a thing?

Great lineup that took us to a thumping 3 point victory. Why would you change a thing?
Was just bringing it up for the ease of people wondering what our last team looked like.

Franklin and Reid are easy inclusions. Frees up Aliir from the ruck and let's him stay at CHB also means Dawson can play more wing/hbf with Heeney playing more the 3rd tall. Hewett also to come in as well.

OUT: McInerney, Ronke, McCartain/O'Riodan
IN: Franklin, Reid, Hewett

Was just bringing it up for the ease of people wondering what our last team looked like.

Franklin and Reid are easy inclusions. Frees up Aliir from the ruck and let's him stay at CHB also means Dawson can play more wing/hbf with Heeney playing more the 3rd tall. Hewett also to come in as well.

What on earth is McCartin even doing in the remote chance of being OUT? Certain starter.

I'd like our first rounder to play personally but that won't happen. Honestly see only Buddy being back maybe Hewett at a pinch

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
Seems like Ronke won't be right to play but everyone else will be. With that in mind, I'd love to see

Rampe - Brand - Mills
Lloyd - Aliir - Dawson
Blakey - Parker - Florent
Heeney - Franklin - Gray
Papley - McCartin - Hayward
Naismith - Kennedy - Hewett

Rowbottom - Cunningham - Reid - Gould

Sinclair - Taylor - O'Riordan - Stephens

I imagine O'Riordan will retain his spot over Gould though immediately after such a long break.

Seems like Ronke won't be right to play but everyone else will be. With that in mind, I'd love to see

Rampe - Brand - Mills
Lloyd - Aliir - Dawson
Blakey - Parker - Florent
Heeney - Franklin - Gray
Papley - McCartin - Hayward
Naismith - Kennedy - Hewett

Rowbottom - Cunningham - Reid - Gould

Sinclair - Taylor - O'Riordan - Stephens

I imagine O'Riordan will retain his spot over Gould though immediately after such a long break.

Good side.

I'd like Gould too but feel we will go safe. We did win round 1 although it was only Adelaide

What on earth is McCartin even doing in the remote chance of being OUT? Certain starter.

I'd like our first rounder to play personally but that won't happen. Honestly see only Buddy being back maybe Hewett at a pinch
Just don't want to go too tall. I would love to have him in for sure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then take out a mid. MCCartin is a certainty
You really think the coaching staff will have Brand, Aliir, Naismith, Reid, Franklin AND McCartain all in the same side? One of Brand or McCartain will miss out if both Reid and Franklin are playing. For sure.

You really think the coaching staff will have Brand, Aliir, Naismith, Reid, Franklin AND McCartain all in the same side? One of Brand or McCartain will miss out if both Reid and Franklin are playing. For sure.

Brand will miss then.

How is Lewis Taylor, who had 9 touches, looked slow/unfit, keeping his spot over McInerney who had 15 touches that were mostly pretty good?

How is Lewis Taylor, who had 9 touches, looked slow/unfit, keeping his spot over McInerney who had 15 touches that were mostly pretty good?
My guess would be with Heeney playing a 3rd tall, Blakey would be the HHF type and Dawson goes back. I also forgot Taylor stunk it up

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?

My tongue was in my cheek.

Back