List Mgmt. 2020 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

WARNING TO ALL VISITORS TO THE GWS BOARD. You are - for the most part - welcome to discuss the list management & trading situation at GWS. However, this is our board, so be respectful of the home board posters, don't have flaming arguments with other non-board posters (make your points succinctly and move on). And if you're just here to troll, because that's as much as your limited intelligence allows you to think (looking at you Bulldogs posters) then don't bother or you will be penalised.

This has surely got to be deflating for the club and players. Of the bunch, I'd always picked Jezza to be the one club player. Truth be told, based on his attitude, I didn't think he'd be overly fussed about chasing a premiership as some other guys who have come through our club.

Oh well, time to look forward and plan ahead. Fortunately KPF is not necessarily a position we've got a gaping hole despite his departure.

This has surely got to be deflating for the club and players. Of the bunch, I'd always picked Jezza to be the one club player. Truth be told, based on his attitude, I didn't think he'd be overly fussed about chasing a premiership as some other guys who have come through our club.

Oh well, time to look forward and plan ahead. Fortunately KPF is not necessarily a position we've got a gaping hole despite his departure.

have to think was he dogging it to help GWS get a better pick and better improve their prospects after this year?

Exactly. It’s a big plus... we match the trade, get maximum value. We have great young talent in key forwards that all clubs would love. And we no longer have salary cap issues.

Ill be interested to see what happens..i doubt gws ask the earth as they wont want to risk either geelong walking away and them retaining a player who doesnt want to stay or it dragging out and ruining their whole trade period.
More chance of Geelong not turning up to the Gabba this Saturday than letting Jeremy Cameron slip away.

GWS need to bend them over a park bench here.

Did you have to trade for him? Did GC match your offer? Was he restricted free agent?

More pointing out the hypocrisy in a Richmond supporter of all people, saying 'to get you have to give' - after attaining Tom Lynch for absolutely nothing.

We have great young talent in key forwards that all clubs would love. And we no longer have salary cap issues.
This is the upside of an outcome that is disappointing - at least we've got a young KPD that surely will get plenty of game time, just like Jezza did from the start of his career. Don't expect Riccardi to be as prolific - we'll need to find other avenues to goal.

And we've hopefully got the salary cap under control.

Now to see how we can get the best outcome from it WRT draft selections. We still have 90% of a good team - but we need to stick this year's first round picks and find some players who can compete for first grade spots early in the couple of areas that we have to improve.

More chance of Geelong not turning up to the Gabba this Saturday than letting Jeremy Cameron slip away.

GWS need to bend them over a park bench here.

I think realistically he is a good add but not the be all and end all we wont trade the farm for him and if it costs that we will walk. For goodness sake we didnt trade the farm for danger and he had more family links to the club than cameron has. Any deal will be a fair one neither club will be 'bent over'.

I think realistically he is a good add but not the be all and end all we wont trade the farm for him and if it costs that we will walk. For goodness sake we didnt trade the farm for danger and he had more family links to the club than cameron has. Any deal will be a fair one neither club will be 'bent over'.

Happy to call your bluff and GWS can keep Cameron and it works out for them two arguably giving them flexibility

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should take Jordan Clarke and a first rounder.

We are matching the Cats offer... 3 first rounders thanks.
That Tim Kelly trade to WC is going to come back to bite them. What goes around comes around.

I was against this before, hoping Jezza would stay, but should we have a chat to Brown?
Absolutely not, chronic knee injury and requires a specific gameplan to work, we couldn't be flexible playing Jezza in a different role doubt we'll change completely for Brown

What are we worried about We have Ricca coming in. He straightens us right up.
Our younger players are a bit stronger and fitter.
We continue to spread the age of the talent on our list. E.g. Tom Green.
We’ll be playing finals next year.

Most importantly, it’ll be the first year for ages where no one gives us a hope... only we have plenty of talent to win more than enough games. So sit tight, go and buy your memberships and get behind them.
I agree here. Now that my initial grumpiness and disappointed has settled a bit, there could be some positives to come from this

1. The salary cap issue may be finally over

2. I would love to see us get a few 2nd tier players out of this. Like we did with MDB. So that we are not decimated when we lose 5 best 22 players at a time.

I truly believe this is the reason we don't have a flag

On CPH2009 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back