List Mgmt. 2020 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't heard anything bar what's been put out, most people don't know what's going on with Academies at the best of times, but two releases, one being from the club, suggests he's still part of the academy in that case, which goes against everything I previously understood about relocation and such. Possible that he didn't permanently move/ change his address and is returning to Sydney?
Yes, we're entirely reliant on what is put out by either clubs or AFL.

Josh is from Queanbeyan (formerly Queanbeyan Tigers) so coming back to Canberra region. I wonder if his father is in the military, like Tom Green?

EDIT: A military father could explain a move away and back again.

It's possible for guys to be in the academy without being draft concession eligible. Elliott Himmelberg joined the Lions academy and Lachie Weller joined the Suns' for example, despite neither meeting the residential requirement. Josh might be in the academy but not eligible for us to nominate him.

It's possible for guys to be in the academy without being draft concession eligible. Elliott Himmelberg joined the Lions academy and Lachie Weller joined the Suns' for example, despite neither meeting the residential requirement. Josh might be in the academy but not eligible for us to nominate him.
Yes, that's true, isn't it. :(

It's still unusual if he's moved to the Gold Coast for just a year - and a shame for us in invalidating his eligibility!

Well, just to add to the confusion, the Suns have named Fahey in their academy list!

https://resources.goldcoastfc.com.a...a62-42b9-8f90-293af2884650/U19-Male-Squad.pdf

:think:
confused.gif

At least we know there's no chance he's eligible as an Academy selection for them I guess, but the whole things a bit of a cluster*

By all rights, unless he never changed his permanent address, he shouldn't be available for us as an academy pick either, even if he has moved back to NSW. Just a weird situation

Sydney Stack's debacle in WA will possibly increase the chances that Josh Green gets picked up by Richmond. If Stack gets the sack, there will be 2 spots open, so Green would double his chances (from 1 in 4 to 1 in 2) of a rookie spot. You'd think the Egg is a good chance at being recycled into one spot in that case. Depends on what they feel they need from those two playing spots.

I know people disagree with this but to keep him, I reckon we’ll need to trade Hopper. Geelong will come for Hopper, and we would get a first rd pick for him.
Taranto, Hopper and Green don’t all fit imo.
Think about the optics of losing another best 22 player to geelong. I think green and hopper are similar but Taranto is much more dynamic and def not the same player.

we are probably a running outside mid short but that midfield group is pretty strong

Think about the optics of losing another best 22 player to geelong. I think green and hopper are similar but Taranto is much more dynamic and def not the same player.

we are probably a running outside mid short but that midfield group is pretty strong
Agree, Taranto is an excellent 2 way runner and is effective on the inside and outside. I don't subscribe to the you can't have all 3 in the side.

Sydney Stack's debacle in WA will possibly increase the chances that Josh Green gets picked up by Richmond. If Stack gets the sack, there will be 2 spots open, so Green would double his chances (from 1 in 4 to 1 in 2) of a rookie spot. You'd think the Egg is a good chance at being recycled into one spot in that case. Depends on what they feel they need from those two playing spots.
I feel like they still only sign one and then maybe upgrade someone already on their rookie list, so they have access to picks in any of the midseason drafts, just a hunch

On the draft, all players sound fine individually.

Dislike taking another pack-to-pack midfielder, already over invested

Dislike not taking a single pressure forward, already under invested

Hawthorn and then Richmond the two premiership templates. Both had a much better much of outside running players. Eg Hawks with Rioli Puopolo Bruest as quality ground level forwards, Smith and Hill tearing up and down the wings.

Whereas it seems GWS simply do not put the same importance on getting those types of players onto the list.

Too many contest winners, not enough run and pressure.

I find Leon’s coaching frustrating, we haven’t played quality football since 2016, but clearly the list construction doesn’t help.

Agree, Taranto is an excellent 2 way runner and is effective on the inside and outside. I don't subscribe to the you can't have all 3 in the side.
I prefer Hopper as a player to Taranto. Wins more contests.

I actually think Taranto is a little bit overrated. He is a bit like Brad Crouch was for the crows. Has the veneer of a contest winner but actually gets most of his possessions uncontested and doesn’t use the ball well.

I think premiership teams rarely feature players who get a lot of uncontested ball and use it below average.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back