List Mgmt. 2020 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Part 1

The thread is continued in part 2:

Amazing how much crap Tabs copped for years, yet people still love and make excuses for Dixon. Personally hope we delist Dixon, zero interest in him and would put my house he does nothing in the afl. Don't really care for lazy footballers
I don't like players that make stupid decisions on field, try and mark with concrete hands, spray simple shots at goal and have no idea where/when to lead. But it's amazing what 8 years of persistence can do to the development of a player.

I don't like players that make stupid decisions on field, try and mark with concrete hands, spray simple shots at goal and have no idea where/when to lead. But it's amazing what 8 years of persistence can do to the development of a player.
Not surprising when you take tall forwards after the 3rd round, yet most on here want mids.
Just look at how well that works for GWS, It's getting the team balance right.
You can see with Brayshaw, Cerra, Serong, we are close to that midfield between 2010-13.
Our NGA will give us access to quick players, to compliment, but history could repeat without
the firepower required to lift the cup.

Not surprising when you take tall forwards after the 3rd round, yet most on here want mids.
Just look at how well that works for GWS, It's getting the team balance right.
You can see with Brayshaw, Cerra, Serong, we are close to that midfield between 2010-13.
Our NGA will give us access to quick players, to compliment, but history could repeat without
the firepower required to lift the cup.

Our tall forwards are way better than 2013 and will be for 4-5 years. We have too many key defenders. It’s just keeping these guys on the park.

Small forwards are the big issue but Henry, Sturt and a bunch NGA prospects can solve that.

As great as Serong, Brayshaw and Cerra look, there’s a lack of talent on the outside still and Mundy still does a lot of heavy lifting. I’d be happy with a mid tbh.

The value with (players like) Frederick is that they have elite traits that give them the potential to evolve into difference makers on field. I definitely think it is worth investing time in, and we are clearly valuing pace at the moment. At a projected best outcome for him as a player he is super exciting. The likelihood of him getting to that level is really difficult to get a handle on. As IP implies, with a fairytale injury run he may struggle for opportunity next year.

Our tall forwards are way better than 2013 and will be for 4-5 years. We have too many key defenders. It’s just keeping these guys on the park.

Small forwards are the big issue but Henry, Sturt and a bunch NGA prospects can solve that.

As great as Serong, Brayshaw and Cerra look, there’s a lack of talent on the outside still and Mundy still does a lot of heavy lifting. I’d be happy with a mid tbh.
For me the greatest vulnerability we have regarding tall forwards is Lobb, and that is largely because he plays dual roles. If any of our tall forwards goes down and Lobb is used as cover, structure is impacted. Similar if Darcy goes down.

His value is also not as a goal kicking forward per se, but as a link to the forward line. He also demands attention from the opposition and is therefore critical to Taberner and Hogan’s roles. Our current threesome is ideal and a developing forward/ruck would be great insurance.

For me the greatest vulnerability we have regarding tall forwards is Lobb, and that is largely because he plays dual roles. If any of our tall forwards goes down and Lobb is used as cover, structure is impacted. Similar if Darcy goes down.

His value is also not as a goal kicking forward per se, but as a link to the forward line. He also demands attention from the opposition and is therefore critical to Taberner and Hogan’s roles. Our current threesome is ideal and a developing forward/ruck would be great insurance.
Spot on, you nailed it I reckon.

I thought when we got both Lobb and Hogan that Lobb was more important structurally for us than Hogan but that Jesse was the better player. I actually figured that Hogan would just replace Tabs and upgrade us there but that Lobb gave us a real upgrade in structure up front and in the ruck. With all 3 going it’s looking better than that now which is encouraging.

Lobb has copped a bit of scorn this season, some fair, some not but he is very important to our structure in my opinion. Backing him up with someone similar is important...and may be difficult too.

Is there a place for Liam Henry and Sam Sturt in the team next year if we play the 3 talls? Tabs, Lobb and Hogan. I’m not so sure..

Is there a place for Liam Henry and Sam Sturt in the team next year if we play the 3 talls? Tabs, Lobb and Hogan. I’m not so sure..
I hope and expect Henry comes on quickly and I think Sturt is already best 22. Both of them should have capacity to play elsewhere, especially wing. They are high ceiling players.

We definitely need the second ruck support yet Lobb is the weakest member of the three tall forwards. Surrounding them with pace and skill looks perfect to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's amazing how people think Tabs has only been good this season. Here I was thinking he's literally been playing very good football for the last 3 seasons. Last 2 seasons were cut short with injury, but he's been dominant for the last 3.

But hey TaBs Is RuBbIsH right? He's been a trash mark (stats totally back this up, totally) right? Nuffies on here have been wrong about him for a very long time, yet I still get mocked for being literally the only poster on here for seeing his talent.

Yeah but unless we get some tall forwards developing now we're gonna be in the same place we have been for so long wondering where our replacement for Tabs/Lobb will come from.

Remember both are 27 turning 28 next year.

Last edited:

Don’t want to be reaching for a forward/ruck with our first pick. Got a feeling we will be if we go down that path.

The NGA fill needs (pace, wingers etc) but I think they’ll good as wreck the rest of our draft hand tbh.

Maybe we take another player or two late or as rookies but list spots look quite limited imo.

Agree it’s needed to compete for a flag eventually but it may not be possible this year unfortunately.

Yeah but unless we get some tall forwards developing now we're gonna be in the same place we have been for so long wondering where our replacement for Tabs/Lobb will come from.
Spot on mate. Brisbane rising up the ladder with good young talent in every position.

We've got most areas covered.

Mids - Serong, Brayshaw, Cerra, Tucker
Def - Pearce, Logue, Cox, Ryan, Young
Ruck - Darcy
Forwards - Sturt, Henry, Schultz is playing well

No young, developing key forwards though. This could be a big problem in a few years time. If Hogan comes good, we'll be ok, if he doesn't, we're in massive trouble. Our first pick is outside the top 10 and with finals on the agenda for the next few seaons, we possibly won't have a top 10 pick for a while. We need a key forward to slide, or we're gonna be hoping to secure one in the trade period/free agency again.

I agree, hence a Key Position forward is an imperative drafting selection at the conclusion of next season. Hopefully the recruitment team have the same perspective.

We win tomorrow we’re not going to have a chance to get the big key forward with a decent pick.
thats why keeping Dixon is not a bad idea...
i also think Valente and pina should be kept.

the rest, including Colyer need to be shifted IMO. Especially if we keep Hill.

so Matera and Banfield have to go. Meek? I think we have to keep him.

then next year we look at people like Crowden , Dixon, Hill and Mundy

It's amazing how people think Tabs has only been good this season. Here I was thinking he's literally been playing very good football for the last 3 seasons. Last 2 seasons were cut short with injury, but he's been dominant for the last 3.

But hey TaBs Is RuBbIsH right? He's been a trash mark (stats totally back this up, totally) right? Nuffies on here have been wrong about him for a very long time, yet I still get mocked for being literally the only poster on here for seeing his talent.
You're not the only one...I am all in for TabbenarrrrGH

They’ll be much much more list changes for the club next year. Next year we could have Mundy, Hill and Colyer retire before we delist/trade anyone and will more than likely have their positions covered short to medium term meaning drafting talls/rucks etc can be done with a bit more ease.

This year our first three draft picks will be best available (who probably won’t be a tall), Walker and Western unless we somehow get some pretty solid picks through trade week. We might be able to squeeze in another pick at best if rumoured list sizes are accurate right at the draft’s back end.

It just isn’t going to happen this year. This year we’ll be getting talent in the door for a crack at the flag over the next 4-5 seasons and will be worrying about depth/developing players later. It isn’t ideal but I honestly think it is what it is tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back