List Mgmt. 2020 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Part 1

The thread is continued in part 2:

Just posting this in here - Matt Guelfi is supposedly returning home and Essendon fans seem to be keen on straight-swapping for Blakely. Not sure what to make of it, kind of a nothing swap if it happens by any chance.

Just posting this in here - Matt Guelfi is supposedly returning home and Essendon fans seem to be keen on straight-swapping for Blakely. Not sure what to make of it, kind of a nothing swap if it happens by any chance.
Eh, if they want Blakely, just give us a third or fourth and keep that spud Guelfi away.

Eh, if they want Blakely, just give us a third or fourth and keep that spud Guelfi away.

I’d just take the list spot in current circumstances and given Blakely is contracted tbh.

In other words if Essendon offered a draft pick we won’t use I’d take it to get Blakely off the list and give one of our other players a contract.

he'd slot in great at Peel

Colyer and Hill are pretty lucky they've got 1 more year on their contracts.

Bewley could be the unlucky one...

We need to do our best to get Blakely off our books. Like trade for a packet of chips.

Another Ruck for depth too would be handy.
So quality outside speed is what we're looking for and we've stated that publicly? Any ideas?

Guelfi seems to go alright from what I have seen of him? But agreed we need to bolster our draft picks.
Don't see how Guelfi gets a game. He's not getting one in the backline or midfield and is not remotely the type we seem to like in the forward line. Would rather keep Colyer, at least he is quick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to think Dixon is done. Perfect opportunity to come in and replace Tabs and wasn't given the chance. The third tall would've been good today too. Henry going up one on one was rediculous, though he did well.

I'm not expecting us to trade anyone in this trade period either.

But I am interested to know if we were to go on the hunt for a gun mid (a young one though -> under 25) who do people think would be a good fit alongside Brayshaw, Cerra and Serong? Preferably with some consideration about the respective cost of them as well - so that would exclude The Bont.

I'm not expecting us to trade anyone in this trade period either.

But I am interested to know if we were to go on the hunt for a gun mid (a young one though -> under 25) who do people think would be a good fit alongside Brayshaw, Cerra and Serong? Preferably with some consideration about the respective cost of them as well - so that would exclude The Bont.
Need some outside speed

Cripps. Good mates with Acres as well.

The words out of the club seem to indicate we are bringing absolutely no one in this year.

Be prepared for a very very quiet trade period for us
I'm actually ok with this. Sit back, enjoy trade period and cool my jets. Reckon we might lose a fringe player, like Bewley (no source) but that's no biggie if we do.

The words out of the club seem to indicate we are bringing absolutely no one in this year.

Be prepared for a very very quiet trade period for us
Exactly what I want to see. Let's not get distracted by shiny lights that promise so much, and deliver so little.

Is that from the stuff said in the media Snuff or have you heard it elsewhere?
Nah, just the media. Every answer from JL and co is about hitting the draft, no mention of looking at anyone or bringing anyone in.

Like others have said, it’s probably the right move but damn I’m going to bored during what’s normally basically Christmas time for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back