List Mgmt. 2020 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Part 1

The thread is continued in part 2:

Correct. On the off chance that all were available we’d have to play one in the WAFL surely.
Nope. Play ALL the talls.
If your only trick is kicking lots of goals it's not a bad trick tbh. I'm not saying I want him at Freo but I've always felt it was a strange criticism
I don't think our current ball movement would have him kick many goals. Too slow.

Please no Ben Brown. One-trick pony, pushed out by Nick Larkey....
Hasn't he kicked 60+ goals in the previous 3 seasons? In a very average team?

He wasn't pushed out, Shaws coaching all year has been putrid, some lucky club is going to get a good forward for cheap. Brisbane, Collingwood and Melbourne should be knocking on his door asap

North will be looking for a ruckman in the next couple of years.
Dear lord North Melbourne Football Club have officially lost the plot! If you can't fashion a game plan that incorporates Ben Brown and maximises his potency as a key position forward, you haven't employed a proficient coaching staff!!

I don't think Ben Brown is the right player for us, but it is dumb bordering on negligent for North to trade Brown. He has proven himself to be a quality goal kicking forward. If it didn't work out this year, why aren't they backing themselves in to make it work next year?

A key reason we were able to go deep in 2013-2015 was because we had Pav, Sandi and McPharlin. Ie: we _didn't_ trade out our senior stars when we did the re-build in 2008/2009. We kept them and built around them.

There is no point recruiting young talent if they don't have strong senior talent to play alongside them.

Dear lord North Melbourne Football Club have officially lost the plot! If you can't fashion a game plan that incorporates Ben Brown and maximises his potency as a key position forward, you haven't employed a proficient coaching staff!!
And if North offer Darcy $850,000 a year for five years?

Goldstein talks very highly of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And if North offer Darcy $850,000 a year for five years?

Goldstein talks very highly of him.
I want Darcy to be a life member of our club. But no way should we pay him 850k a year.

If he gets that offer, we spend the trade period reminding him that we are closer to on-field success than them, that he has forged friendships and good working relationships with the other young players here, that in these COVID times Perth is better than Melbourne, yadda, yadda, yadda

But we keep our cash in our back pocket.

Now if they wanted to offer Lobb $850k ....

Some serious overating of Ben Brown on here, hes been putrid when played this year. Can't live off past glories forever, he's a nice kick for goal but he's like a ruckman once the ball hits the ground. Very one dimensional forward imo.
I reckon kicking 60 goals a year 3 years in a row is a pretty decent effort.

And even in his down year this year he never went two games in a row without a goal. Compare that with Lobb or Hogan.

Is he an AA KPF? No. But he is a long way away from North's biggest problem.

They will be putting a lot of faith in a Larkey who has only kicked 40 goals in 3 years.

Hasn't he kicked 60+ goals in the previous 3 seasons? In a very average team?

He wasn't pushed out, Shaws coaching all year has been putrid, some lucky club is going to get a good forward for cheap. Brisbane, Collingwood and Melbourne should be knocking on his door asap
As much as the Magpies could do with him they have big contracts owing for DeGoey and Moore as well as needing to upsize contracts for Miochek and Daicos so doubt they could afford Brown. Hawks would do wonders with Brown given Patton is likely to be a bust.

I reckon kicking 60 goals a year 3 years in a row is a pretty decent effort.

And even in his down year this year he never went two games in a row without a goal. Compare that with Lobb or Hogan.

Is he an AA KPF? No. But he is a long way away from North's biggest problem.

They will be putting a lot of faith in a Larkey who has only kicked 40 goals in 3 years.
He's a dinosaur though, he's a mark and kick forward. If he's not marking the ball he's almost a liability. Terrible once the ball hits the deck and I don't think he competes as well as say a Lobb in the ruck. Just my opinion but a Mihocek would be a much cheaper and better option.

As much as the Magpies could do with him they have big contracts owing for DeGoey and Moore as well as needing to upsize contracts for Miochek and Daicos so doubt they could afford Brown. Hawks would do wonders with Brown given Patton is likely to be a bust.
If Daniher is touring Brisbane's facilities in the next day or so, you think Brisbane will ask Brown to do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back