List Mgmt. 2020 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Part 1

The thread is continued in part 2:

They can’t trade them.

You need To take 2 first round picks to the draft in four years.
This is true. Also, they have no cap space.

I know a lot of people talk about the huge contracts they recently signed for McGovern, Kelly, Gaff and Yeo, which is fine, but Luke Shuey's manager said that his client is being paid as a “premium midfielder in the AFL”.

Premium mids get 900,000 - 1,000,000

Either someone at West Coast is playing for free, or their cap is rooted.

This is true. Also, they have no cap space.

I know a lot of people talk about the huge contracts they recently signed for McGovern, Kelly, Gaff and Yeo, which is fine, but Luke Shuey's manager said that his client is being paid as a “premium midfielder in the AFL”.

Premium mids get 900,000 - 1,000,000

Either someone at West Coast is playing for free, or their cap is rooted.

Or George Costanza is operating from underneath the desk again.

Rumour is Pies are just finalising a 3 year contract for Mihocek with trigger for 4th.

I get that people want short-term success but you can still achieve that without bringing in 27+ year olds.
No patience Unfortunately ( I get that from my wife 😁)
Trying not to get too excited about this one but was there any mention of the $$$ involved In the offer ?

No patience Unfortunately ( I get that from my wife 😁)
Trying not to get too excited about this one but was there any mention of the $$$ involved In the offer ?
Well unders atm apparently, hence the stand off. The Pies I’m sure are trying tell their players they have to take unders to keep the squad together as they are in the premiership window, the problem is they aren’t & the players are starting to realise that.

Well unders atm apparently, hence the stand off. The Pies I’m sure are trying tell their players they have to take unders to keep the squad together as they are in the premiership window, the problem is they aren’t & the players are starting to realise that.

If they nab Ben Brown and keep DeGoey on the park they'd have to consider themselves a chance

Thanks for that
My how the worm turns !
The mighty Pies reduced to begging

Cripps is so over rated, hes slow and his kicking is average.

Can't agree that he is over rated, he is a bull but is showing signs of wear and tear from having to physically carry the Blues midfield.

He is the player who reminds me the most of Fyfe and who wouldn't love two x Fyfe. Imagine the luxury of having these two taking turns resting in the forward line - WOW WEE.

We can only dream!

Who does Cripps kick out of the team for next year. I dont think in a million years that we could get him but just hypothetically

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gold Coast would be good for us.

Doubt they’d have much use for later picks (for them that’s a late second rounder) so they may give us multiple later picks easier than others.

Having said that I’m really not why they’d be interested. Essendon and Sydney make the most sense by a long way imo.

I personally think Hagdorn is talking **** since GC are probably going to let Brodie go this year because he can't get a game. Fiorini also missed plenty of games.

Essendon makes the most sense style wise.
The only way a GC trade makes sense is if they believe they recruiting a HBF.

Pick 24 has the potential to be before the Walker bid
We won’t receive 24 unless the trade involves a swap of 28 for 24 and a later pick.

Gold Coast currently have 35 and 72. I think 35 is prob a bit high and 72 too low.

It would be completed late in trade week to wait and see what other trades get done.

Id suggest they would look at a role for Blakely off HBF with occasional stints in the middle. Apparently he impressed Sydney and Gold Coast in a couple of the scratch matches. If that has indeed been the case well played indeed.

But I’d even consider a trade something like:
28 and Blakely > 72 (which will drop to the low 60’s) and 24.

I think moving up from 28 to 24 would end up being a valuable move. GWS have a few free agents and one (Corr) is around the mark for Band2 or Band3 compo. If Band3 then 24 gets in front of that pick. It will likely keep our second pick in the 20’s after compo picks.

Who does Cripps kick out of the team for next year. I dont think in a million years that we could get him but just hypothetically

Depends on how you structure up but if you could imagine a midfield that rotates Fyfe, Cripps, Mundy, Brayshaw, Serrong and Tucker it means you no longer have any requirement for Walters in the midfield, if Walters is a permanent forward then you probably lose a Crowden or Schultz out of the current team.

You also certainly don't require Blakely on your list anymore. You probably don't require Mundy anymore either but I don't want to see that.

Good fun to think about and the team would have to play finals but won't happen I imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back