List Mgmt. 2020 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Part 1

The thread is continued in part 2:

tbh the club's never been great about announcing contract extension etc, iirc when it was announced Henry signed on for 2 more years it was mentioned that they agreed to it back in Feb

i'm loving the enthusiasm from you about Cripps as well btw
Maybe saving the good news to balance the next off-field indiscretion over summer.

Cripps is quality but would be insanely expensive. Our big ticket trades just don't work. We are on the wrong side of Hogan, Lobb and Neale (not that we had a choice) so far.

Maybe saving the good news to balance the next off-field indiscretion over summer.

Cripps is quality but would be insanely expensive. Our big ticket trades just don't work. We are on the wrong side of Hogan, Lobb and Neale (not that we had a choice) so far.

Maybe we are due? Carlton don't have leverage over Fremantle if Cripps has genuine family reasons to come home. It's between him and Carlton. Carlton will try and make it between Freo and West Coast.

It's not impossible that we have Cripps for a couple of firsts and $600,000 a year for the better part of a decade secured.

Daydream, until they run the lottery draw that's a winning ticket in your hand

Maybe we are due? Carlton don't have leverage over Fremantle if Cripps has genuine family reasons to come home. It's between him and Carlton. Carlton will try and make it between Freo and West Coast.

It's not impossible that we have Cripps for a couple of firsts and $600,000 a year for the better part of a decade secured.

Daydream, until they run the lottery draw that's a winning ticket in your hand
I'm not above enjoying hope but goodwill has a limit, this would cost plenty.

I'm not above enjoying hope but goodwill has a limit, this would cost plenty.
2020 1st, 2021 1st and whatever we get for Blakely - straight on the table day #1.

Let West Coast have to push Luke Shuey, Brad Shepard, Jeremy McGovern out to beat it.

If it had to get done this year, they won't get a better offer than two firsts plus a later pick.

RE trading in Crippa and trading out Logue.... WTAF.
Stuff Cripps it'd cost too much. And why in the world would we even entertain trading Logue??? I'd prefer to unleash him in the midfield, all raging bull style. I can see a bit of Koutafides sorta style about him, but quicker and a bit more mongrel. Whack him in there and tell him "Griff me old mate - See ball, get ball. And hurt people."

We need to hold our first round draft picks and develop internally.
One or two players are not going to win us a premiership, i dont think in our history we or most other clubs have a great record on trading in premiership teams.

Our best chance is finding a Sandilands,Barlow Neale late in the draft. This is the year we those type of players might pop up late.

We need to hold our first round draft picks and develop internally.
One or two players are not going to win us a premiership, i dont think in our history we or most other clubs have a great record on trading in premiership teams.

Our best chance is finding a Sandilands,Barlow Neale late in the draft. This is the year we those type of players might pop up late.
With the natural improvement of the young players you already have and the elusive good run with injury, I would argue that adding one or two gun players could absolutely win you a premiership in the next couple of years.

I agree with Taylor, I am not comfortable with the cost of Cripps and no way I would give up someone like Young/Serong/Cerra for him.

He is not a "messiah" but is that caliber and would carry that cost and all the baggage that goes with it.

Back our blokes and pick up some more young guys in the draft.
Hes not. We have Fyfe which is the role he plays.
He looked injured this year. If he’s going to be affected in any way, he’s suddenly slower when he’s not that fast to begin with. He’s not a required need. Doesn’t really makes us any better when we already have the makings of an A grade midfield.

With the natural improvement of the young players you already have and the elusive good run with injury, I would argue that adding one or two gun players could absolutely win you a premiership in the next couple of years.
Agree. But Cripps? That’s just being greedy. Not a requirement.
If we somehow get a Max King or Naughton, along those lines, then suddenly it’s competitive.

Hes not. We have Fyfe which is the role he plays.
He looked injured this year. If he’s going to be affected in any way, he’s suddenly slower when he’s not that fast to begin with. He’s not a required need. Doesn’t really makes us any better when we already have the makings of an A grade midfield.
I think there is a potential defensive issue with both he and Fyfe at centre clearances but feel like they are both so good you could make it work somehow.

Agree on injury though, looked a shadow this year despite having decent numbers.

I think there is a potential defensive issue with both he and Fyfe at centre clearances but feel like they are both so good you could make it work somehow.

Agree on injury though, looked a shadow this year despite having decent numbers.
Sure, they would dominate the clearances. But haven’t we learned? Dominate clearances, stoppages all we want but if the forward line is bare, we’re not going to kick any more goals then we did in 2020.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure, they would dominate the clearances. But haven’t we learned? Dominate clearances, stoppages all we want but if the forward line is bare, we’re not going to kick any more goals then we did in 2020.
Not sure I am making a link here? I don't think Cripps or not changes anything we might need to work on in attack.

pick the next Cripps at the draft 💪
We may do...
Patrick’s brother Josh did a knee playing for Aquinas - 198cm CHF with a great kick - limited exposure.
I think he got ruled out of this years draft when asked for exemption....
Maybe something is in the mix???

If P.Cripps becomes available- you get him, no brainer.... everyone saying we need outside run - true but we need an extractor like Mundy and Fyfe to get it out to them, Perfect fit.
Our first this year and a first next as well as Tucker. We didn’t miss Tucker and he would fit in nicely at the Blues centre forward.

I'm confident that if we win the ball out of the stoppages most of the time that we have the contested marking power to win shots on goal, if we get on a run of goals out of center clearances then it could get very pretty.

Trade out Logue for pick 15?
To watch him win 4 or 5 AA over the next decade or so?
The clear Leader of our B&F count up until the St Kilda game when he got injured.
As Barlow said earlier this season - he’s probably the next Alex Rance.
I forgot the AFL gave him a crystal ball as pittance for him losing out on a Brownlow in his first season.

Logue's a moron brah.

I'm confident that if we win the ball out of the stoppages most of the time that we have the contested marking power to win shots on goal, if we get on a run of goals out of center clearances then it could get very pretty.
you mean gets goals that start in the middle, where every actual new piece of play begins?

isn't this the point of footy? ruckman taps to ruck rover, kicks to their goal, full forward marks it, he kicks a goal.

You people are demented!!
I mean Hardie FFS. He hates us, and the feeling is very mutual
...so why would he say something exciting and positive about Fremantle?

he's another media knob who just likes the sound of his own voice and parrots things he's heard on the piss with some other flog, who only told him the rumour to one-up ol Brad's rumour, but that's a weird reason for discounting the verdict.

What I'm suspicious about is why Shaun McManus who works at Freo(obviously let some intel out on SEN) mentioned both Angus Brayshaw ....said something along the lines of no brainer. He also mentioned Patrick Cripps names.
Now I honestly don't know if Cripps will come home but if it's personal circumstances ive got no issue trying to get him.. it will prob involve Cerra or Tucker and first rounder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back