Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Part 1

The thread is continued in part 2:

Come on down Jordan Clark

From a Cats POV, don't like the timing of the Cameron announcement

Touché why not just wait a week?

How does Jeremy Cameron increase our chance of landing Clark, cap space? And yes, you give up pick 10 for Clark with a late 2nd or early 3rd rounder coming our way.

How does Jeremy Cameron increase our chance of landing Clark, cap space?
Yes, but I am not being serious when I said a 3rd round pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This will get the ball rolling.

This is what sh!ts me about Free agency. It happened before with Richmond winning the GF then picked up Lynch for nothing and retained their first draft pick. So they just get stronger and you see how they have gone since.

Now Geelong may win the GF and they’ll pick up Cameron for free.

If there is free agency it should be enforced trading a player or pick in that ‘band’ the AFL deem them to be in. It’s the only way to equalise the competition.

This is what sh!ts me about Free agency. It happened before with Richmond winning the GF then picked up Lynch for nothing and retained their first draft pick. So they just get stronger and you see how they have gone since.

If there is free agency it should be enforced trading a player or pick in that ‘band’ the AFL deem them to be in. It’s the only way to equalise the competition.
If it costs them a talented player leaving for salary cap relief then it's a working system.

If there wasn't a salary cap it would be different.

nothing surer than the cats are coughing up at least one first rounder for Cameron, in the same way they did for Dangerfield

Officially makes GWS just a baby nursery now for the Victorian clubs. GWS can load up on new talent again through the draft and get picked apart in a few more years. Makes it even better we didn't pick up King in that year of Hogan as he would have left by now.

How does Jeremy Cameron increase our chance of landing Clark, cap space? And yes, you give up pick 10 for Clark with a late 2nd or early 3rd rounder coming our way.
It does help our position. However, let's use hindsight here - the first Clark we went after we missed, we tried to play it tight. I've always thought we'd have nabbed the 2013 cup with him in the team. He would have significantly negated the norm Smith medallist that day. The next one we had on a platter and went tight again was Yeo. Fair value will get us what we want, being a tight ass hasn't served us well previously. Having said that, I have no idea if the club wants J Clark, I hope so, he's a quality footballer, and you can't have too many of those. I hope we've already done our DD, and he's want we want.

It does help our position. However, let's use hindsight here - the first Clark we went after we missed, we tried to play it tight. I've always thought we'd have nabbed the 2013 cup with him in the team. He would have significantly negated the norm Smith medallist that day. The next one we had on a platter and went tight again was Yeo. Fair value will get us what we want, being a tight ass hasn't served us well previously. Having said that, I have no idea if the club wants J Clark, I hope so, he's a quality footballer, and you can't have too many of those. I hope we've already done our DD, and he's want we want.

I’ve had the same thought and to think we tried to be smart haggling over a pick that ended up being Tom Sheridan FFS 😡

He’s 27 and a restricted free agent.
Doesn't really matter, GWS will end up compensated in some over the top way by the AFL now or in the future just so that the game can be seen to be "growing" in a non rugby state. If the AFL doesnt ensure that GWS make the finals and succeed again in the next 1-2 years all interest will drop off them and footy will languish in NSW. Same as why Gold Coast have been allowed to have extra draft concessions and list of up to 50 to trial players, what concessions did we get exactly or we didn't count because they already play footy in WA.

Cameron has chosen the cats, so they may need to dump some salary.
Should open us to get Narkle and Clark for little. Even try to get west coast’s Tim Kelly pick. Would be gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back