List Mgmt. 2020 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Part 1

The thread is continued in part 2:

*Yet - until GWS trades half a dozen players and somehow ends up with 2-3 picks in the top 10. Hopefully that won't happen this year.
Good point.

GWS could have band one compensation picks from Cameron, Williams and Corr.

Which would be #10, #11, #12

They will be able to buy a top five pick with that.

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
I would love the media to actually look into the 25% point discount. I think you would find the actual discount is far smaller as clubs are asking for overs for clubs that are trading to accumulate points.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Teams pay an extra 20-50% for upgrading.

Generally speaking higher the pick higher %.

Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wimbledon AFC
I did not realise they were twins.
Give him a chance.
Port messed that up considering they could of picked up Mick as a cat b.
Imagine having those 2 each on their own wing.
Speed demons who like a goal & love a tackle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Our Frederick is going to be a gun.
Why not give theirs a run..
Really? I reckon he's fairly average. When Sturt is injury free, Henry builds his tank and learns what defensive pressure is, Frederick will struggle to get a game. He's filling a role until others are ready, he isn't best 22 material in my opinion

freodog

Club Legend
Oct 15, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Martin Frederick has just been informed by Port that he won't be considered for selection in 2020 and so he awaits his fate away from the Port hub.

Are we interested in bringing the Fred Bros. together?
Obviously hasn’t cracked it for a game but does anyone have any intel if he’s any good?

Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wimbledon AFC
Really? I reckon he's fairly average. When Sturt is injury free, Henry builds his tank and learns what defensive pressure is, Frederick will struggle to get a game. He's filling a role until others are ready, he isn't best 22 material in my opinion
I beg to differ. For a first year player he is a gun.

SHill Shall

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
I beg to differ. For a first year player he is a gun.

I’m factoring a quite significant development in Freddy from here - and he’s already at a good base level. I can picture a tougher, more contested version of BHill - reckon he has that unique combination of pace and endurance potential to get there.

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
I’m factoring a quite significant development in Freddy from here - and he’s already at a good base level. I can picture a tougher, more contested version of BHill - reckon he has that unique combination of pace and endurance potential to get there.
Hill is also what Freddy isn't, a very good ball distributor and decision maker. Hope I'm wrong, but he's simply filling a role until the more skilled players are ready. Freddy is basically a Petruccelle/Coyler type. People will say he's still young, give him time, so much potential....it's fairly obvious what he is.

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hill is also what Freddy isn't, a very good ball distributor and decision maker. Hope I'm wrong, but he's simply filling a role until the more skilled players are ready. Freddy is basically a Petruccelle/Coyler type. People will say he's still young, give him time, so much potential....it's fairly obvious what he is.
I agree it’s silly to downplay BHill and talk up Freddy as an upgrade.

I disagree that Freddy is Petruccelle like. I understand where you’re coming from though as Freddy’s weakness is certainly double touching and fumbling the ball. He needs to address that. Petruccelle is a genuine Headless chook and best recent example of a front running seagull that I can remember.

But from what I’ve seen of Colyer and Petruccelle is neither of them can nail a set shot from outside 50. In fact there is preseason highlight of Freddy nailing a goal from outside 50 off one step in addition to a couple of long set shots he has made in AFL. Also Freddy’s pressure acts have been very good. Tackling is a bit weak but he has a thin frame so understandable.

Too early to say he is going to be a gun, but he has some attributes and deserves opportunity to be better judged after some pre-seasons and the development of a larger frame.

As for his brother I haven’t seen a lot to suggest he would be a value add. We have the better Frederick.

Too early to say he is going to be a gun, but he has some attributes and deserves opportunity to be better judged after some pre-seasons and the development of a larger frame.
this for sure, definitely a project player but the potential is definitely there. Next year tbh I’d expect him to spend more time at Peel than with the main side but imo he’s definitely shown signs that he could be a very damaging half forward/wing type in years to come

Madas

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm With you
Hope he comes through , hell of an athlete and amazing recovery but it poses the question....
Is it more likely you will make a good footballer out of an athlete who doesn't have football sense or a footballer who trains to become more athletic ?

when I'm watching Freddy I'm watching a guy running after the ball and the opposition at 100 miles an hour , generally out of position, exciting but not good football.
Surely there's kids out there who have got footy smarts and can run and chase ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back