List Mgmt. 2020 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Part 1

The thread is continued in part 2:

Went through the last 10 years of drafts and by my count, 21 x top 30 picks (including 12 x top 10 picks who were basically all duds) from GWS have ended up at other clubs. Along with their 4 best (by a country mile) initial under-age selections. Such a free ride they've been given and all they have to show for it is an average team going backwards with a useless coach.
All those picks and not a single ruckman among them.

Best trade news I've read all year. :)
Think his missus just got a text about Jeremy Cameron.

They put their "final offer" of $700,000 a year for five, at the time he was happy to stay but didn't want to miss out on earning potential.

The technicality of a matched offer is that the player is entitled to agree to the matched offer and the club will be required to honour it.

If he is looking at an extra $100,000 to $300,000 a year at Geelong but GWS match the offer, then they have to be willing and able to pay him that.

I think the stats are so far 19 restricted free agents have moved clubs, zero matched bids.

Dangerfield’s was effectively matched without going through the process so they negotiated a trade.

Went through the last 10 years of drafts and by my count, 21 x top 30 picks (including 12 x top 10 picks who were basically all duds) from GWS have ended up at other clubs. Along with their 4 best (by a country mile) initial under-age selections. Such a free ride they've been given and all they have to show for it is an average team going backwards with a useless coach.
If they draft well though they can keep on refreshing their list no matter how many people leave.

Dangerfield’s was effectively matched without going through the process so they negotiated a trade.
Exactly. Dangerfield was going home to set up his family home.

Cameron just wants to get paid and is happy playing at GWS if they pay him. So if they match, he gets everything he wants.

Unless the AFL decide to throw us another bone on the pick being rolled back, GWS will have their compensation picks slot in before our choice and push us back by two to three spots.

But if they are coming for Hogan with Cameron's 5 year $700,000 a year deal then we can probably get two of those picks.

#8, #9 and #10 they will hold.

Picks #8 and #10 for a $3.5m deal would be fair.

Then you're stuck with the choice... do you swap #8, #10 and #12 for a top 2 selection to buy a gun key forward?
#8 is with Adelaide. They will get picks 9,10 and 23. They will also prob get the mid second round from Adelaide for Hately.

Giving them something like

Our two picks will prob be something like

If they draft well though they can keep on refreshing their list no matter how many people leave.
Give me a little while, we can work out the current value of their concessions and first round picks by judging the worth of what they left for.

Such as if they picked a player at #1, that they trade for a player and #6, where the player is now retired and the #6 pick was traded for #30 and that player drafted at #30 is now delisted then the value of that #1 pick has disappeared.

I think we can measure this...

Touché why not just wait a week?

How does Jeremy Cameron increase our chance of landing Clark, cap space? And yes, you give up pick 10 for Clark with a late 2nd or early 3rd rounder coming our way.

Ha ha ha .... cap space

Good one

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Call me crazy but I could actually live with Hogan to GWS and Clark in for whatever we get and keep pick 10.
Tabs, Lobb, Sturt, Walters, Henry maybe play Cox as swingman if we get all the rest of our defence back.

Clark is quality & exactly what we need more of, smart, good decision maker, good user of the ball. The likes of him, Cerra, Young, Aish, Hill all floating around between the arcs and we're looking at quality transition.

Call me crazy but I could actually live with Hogan to GWS and Clark in for whatever we get and keep pick 10.
Tabs, Lobb, Sturt, Walters, Henry maybe play Cox as swingman if we get all the rest of our defence back.

Clark is quality & exactly what we need more of, smart, good decision maker, good user of the ball. The likes of him, Cerra, Young, Aish, Hill all floating around between the arcs and we're looking at quality transition.

Big call

That bloody lazy lump Dixon was a disaster for us with regards to list balance , 3 years development and then delisted with 1 game under his belt has left us touching our toes

Can’t rely on a drafting a young KPF as it will take to long to get him up to speed

Only option is a mature ager that’s ready to go and can at least give us a target

That bloody lazy lump Dixon was a disaster for us with regards to list balance , 3 years development and then delisted with 1 game under his belt has left us touching our toes

Can’t rely on a drafting a young KPF as it will take to long to get him up to speed

Only option is a mature ager that’s ready to go and can at least give us a target

That 1 game he played for us he showed he has the skill and the IQ just needed the fitness and the determination

We averaged 50 points a game this season, 8 goals a game. Removing one of our only key forwards in Hogan won't work and will only increase the pressure and workload on Tabs. Cox is pretty poor and inconsistent as a forward option. Would love to get Clark in to play wing but if Hogan goes we need another experienced tall forward to bring in.

And Ratagolea is miles ahead of nobody

I don’t mind him , good mover for his size

Here it is:

GWS were given #1, #3, #5, #7, #9, #11, #13, #15, Phil Davis, Rhys Palmer, Callan Ward, Tom Scully then access to Bugg, Cameron, Darley, Golds, Growden (easy Joao ), Harding, Hombsch, Shiel, Treloar, Tunbridge, Ugle, Wilson, Shaun Edwards, Hampton, Aylett, Josh Bruce, Sam Schulz, Townsend, Whiley, Miles, Segrave, Adam Kennedy, Tim Mohr.

We need to give this a value. I'm giving the out of contract AFL players a value of pick #10 and the remaining pre draft selections the value of the last pick of the second round.

This comes to a total of: 31,004 points

#1 - Patton, traded for a round 4 pick (minus 2793)
#3 - Tyson, traded as part of deal that secured Josh Kelly - remaining
#5 - Buntine - remaining
#7 - Haynes - remaining
#9 - Tomlinson, free agent for pick #40 (minus 1040)
#11 - Greene - remaining
#13 - Adams, traded for Heath Shaw, now delisted (minus 1212)
#15 - Traded for #14, Devon Smith, traded for #11 (Aiden Bonar), traded for a swap of R4 for R3 pick (minus 911)

Phil Davis - remaining
Rhys Palmer - traded for pick #135 (minus 1395)
Callan Ward - remaining
Tom Scully - traded for R4 pick (minus 1376)

Cameron - free agent for pick #9 (plus 967)
Hombsch - traded for #28, on traded for Gillam (delisted) and #27 (Stewart), traded for #77 (minus 502)
Shiel - traded for #9 and future pick, became Jye Caldwell (seeking trade), part of trade or Taranto (plus 967)
Treloar - traded for #7 and #7, paid for Hopper, Kennedy, part of Taranto (plus 2000)
Wilson - traded for 2nd, became Zac Langdon (leaving) and Ian Hill (plus 350)
Shaun Edwards, Kurt Aylett traded for pick #48, passed on pick (minus 1004)
Hampton - traded for future picks and future picks, part of Taranto deal (we took Sean Darcy with one of the picks) (hold)
Josh Bruce - traded for pick #48, passed on pick (minus 502)
Adam Kennedy - remaining (hold)

Bugg, Darley, Golds, Growden, Harding, Tunbridge, Ugle, Schulz, Townsend, Whiley, Miles, Segrave, Mohr - delisted or traded for late picks of negligible points value (minus 6526)

Result: Minus 12,977 points

12,977 / 31,004 = 41.86% of concession value consumed by GWS so far.

58.14% of GWS concession value remaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back