List Mgmt. 2020 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Part 1

The thread is continued in part 2:

I am quite sure we don't know the half of it regarding most players, let alone somebody with Jesse's history.

Be mad at doing the deal in the first place. It's sunk cost at this point (assuming greater evils we are not aware of).
Absolutley. We only know the tip of the iceberg.

It may have been, I remember a lot of talk around it but nothing convincing obviously.
Im pretty sure I saw a Tom Harley quote saying that was the deal.

I believe Freo did show there cards early on in the year with hogan... Not playing him for that run of home games was a joke! Why would he want to play here? The media puts the boot in any chance they can...Now Freo will pay the price and get nothing for him on the trade table! If they look to offload every club will know they want him out, we will be lucky to get a 3rd round pick. And be left paying half his last year. Well done Freo!

Absolutley. We only know the tip of the iceberg.

If the deal was too good to refuse id let him go. Im a firm believer of that people dont change. If you have a good grounding, most people stray off the path for a bit but eventually come good and its the same for the oppois
Im pretty sure I saw a Tom Harley quote saying that was the deal.
I think some people do change, but it is really, really hard to do and rare. Some people change for the better significantly after trauma but it doesn't seem that way for Jesse.

I would certainly bet against it long before I'd bet on it but we do have Sonny as the beacon of hope for others.

I'll take you at your word re Harley. Reckon they might be quietly pleased they got turned down for that one (until the Lions fix him and he goes on to win 3 Colemans).

Allegedly. I tend not to believe it.
IIRC didn’t the recruiting boss of the Swans confirm that? And had Dodo been willing to deal, they would have moved on Papley and let Bombers have #5 and #9 as their ace in the pack.
both offers rejected.
It may have been, I remember a lot of talk around it but nothing convincing obviously.
Tom Harley gave an interview about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously I want to believe you, but I really don't.

I think best case is pick ~10 or a future first for Hogan + 28. Even that I think is taking a fair amount of liberty.
When Sydney were told that their #5 and #9 offer for Daniher wasn't enough Joe had played 11 games in the previous two years and he still had injury issues as shown this season where he played 4 games.

Hogan played more games in 2019 than Daniher had in 2019 and 2018, plus nearly twice as many today.

It's absolutely in play.

If it doesn't work out with Hogan, it may not necessarily be the end of the world. Given he really hasn't been on the field consistently ever whilst here; and throughout this year there has been plenty of discussion about how would we potentially include Tabs, Hogan, Lobb and Fyfe in the one forward line without being too tall and slow. If we are to transition Fyfe into a full time forward role, then something has to go. A forward line including Tabs, Lobb, Fyfe, Sturt, Shultz, Henry, Walters, Crowden, Switta and anybody else we add to the team could be a good starting point as we look to develop more forward potential and depth.

When Sydney were told that their #5 and #9 offer for Daniher wasn't enough Joe had played 11 games in the previous two years and he still had injury issues as shown this season where he played 4 games.

Hogan played more games in 2019 than Daniher had in 2019 and 2018, plus nearly twice as many today.

It's absolutely in play.
Forgetting Hogan's off-field shenanigans, sure. In that universe we aren't putting him up for trade in the first place.

Forgetting Hogan's off-field shenanigans, sure. In that universe we aren't putting him up for trade in the first place.
We are talking about the club that bought Lance Franklin, they do not care about that.

What makes you think he's a key piece of the future? Because he has talent and showed promise in his first year of AFL footy?

Barely gotten on the park the last few years with you, and when he has he hasn't exactly set games on fire.
Has some off-field issues, doesn't seem very professional...i'm surprised to see so many Freo fans defending him and thinking he's a big piece of the puzzle based on his output the last few years. Paying big $$$ and gifting games to someone who's not committed and training hard etc is not a smart thing to do...I mean the likes of Bennell/McCarthy/Matera were the same...talented but lazy. They can have some nice moments and games but ultimately they are not consistent enough and aren't the answer.
First year? He averaged higher or near to 2 goals a game every year he's played, barring the two on his comeback from a foot injury (plus one being Covid turmoiled). Who says he's not been training hard? He covers the km's in the match so his fitness doesn't tally up with the lazy lazy-label. I'm not in the purity-cult so I tend to think a few misdemeanors can be managed.

Wonder if this puts Ben Brown into play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back