List Mgmt. 2020 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Part 1

The thread is continued in part 2:

freo see him as a fyfe type player but his first game against Essendon screams he is a natural forward
Until we get some more forward smarts Sturt needs to stay forward, I hope we don't rush him into being a Fyfe type player because his skills and smarts will be very useful next year. A forward line with the smarts of Walters/Sturt/Henry with potentials in Hogan and Western is very enticing

Crows and Saints well and truly exploiting the free agency compensation.

Saints offered him $550k, not enough for #2. So they've agreed to give him $700k and Adelaide take Webster and Dunstan for steak knives, therefore giving Adelaide #2 compensation and Saints get the above 2 player wages off the books.

Saints offered him $550k, not enough for #2. So they've agreed to give him $700k and Adelaide take Webster and Dunstan for steak knives, therefore giving Adelaide #2 compensation and Saints get the above 2 player wages off the books.
If it’s a trade - Crouch essentially for Webster and Dunstan and a salary dump, how do Adelaide get compensation?

If it’s a trade - Crouch essentially for Webster and Dunstable, how do Adelaide get compensation?
Crouch goes as FA.

The trade is Webster and Dunstan for not much, late picks or something.

Where did you get that from? Wouldn’t surprise at all..

Meanwhile, anyone recall how we were part of some complex mega draft tampering deal to land Jaeger instead of him going to gold coast as a priority pick, and the AFL couldn't get the boots out to squash that little cockroach quickly enough, as it would disadvantage the suns. Such a fair and even comp.

Meanwhile, anyone recall how we were part of some complex mega draft tampering deal to land Jaeger as a priority pick instead of him going to gold coast, and the AFL couldn't get the boots out to squash that little cockroach quickly enough, as it would disadvantage the suns. Such a fair and even comp.
AFL approve or disapprove any trades.

I bet the Giants deficit points wont coming off their first round picks.

AFL approve or disapprove any trades.

I bet the Giants deficit points wont coming off their first round picks.

I didn't know they had a deficit. Interesting.

Yeah I know people love their trade period but every October-November is always the low point for me when I feel like swearing off watching the game. This time of year it really exposes the almost corrupt way the game is run: the AFL manipulates trades and picks to suit its agenda and prop up whatever loss making club is floundering, and then the fixture comes out, just to reinforce what a joke it is.

But then every March, they pull me back in the bastards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't know they had a deficit. Interesting.

Yeah I know people love their trade period but every October-November is always the low point for me when I feel like swearing off watching the game. This time of year it really exposes the almost corrupt way the game is run: the AFL manipulates trades and picks to suit its agenda and prop up whatever loss making club is floundering, and then the fixture comes out, just to reinforce what a joke it is.

But then every March, they pull me back in the bastards.
Their plan is to have a floating fixture, where they can have more control over results.

Meanwhile, anyone recall how we were part of some complex mega draft tampering deal to land Jaeger instead of him going to gold coast as a priority pick, and the AFL couldn't get the boots out to squash that little cockroach quickly enough, as it would disadvantage the suns. Such a fair and even comp.

From memory the intention of that deal was for GWS to trade away Jaegar, then trade him back in because they weren't allowed to pick him up themselves. I believe the end result for us (and Hawks?) would've been some upgraded pick, but we never would've kept Jaegar.

Meanwhile, anyone recall how we were part of some complex mega draft tampering deal to land Jaeger
I think you ll find said deal was actually a way for GWS to get omeara(essentially using one of the pre draft picks they were given but had to be traded)
We were just one part in the process.

It would of made a mockery of the AFL hence they kyboshed it.

It’s why with Adelaide (rich non Victorian club) I still think they may end up with band 2 only regardless.

however I agree with the general jist that the AFLs compensation process around these type of things (especially when concerning battling vic clubs) is so convoluted to achieve their desired outcome it makes you wonder why you bother to keep turning up every year

From memory the intention of that deal was for GWS to trade away Jaegar, then trade him back in because they weren't allowed to pick him up themselves. I believe the end result for us (and Hawks?) would've been some upgraded pick, but we never would've kept Jaegar.
Thanks, I couldn't recall the detail, but it just felt like another example of the capricious nature of the AFL

Thanks, I couldn't recall the detail, but it just felt like another example of the capricious nature of the AFL

Here's another example for you

"In exchange Collingwood would have paid Fremantle in kind with a high draft pick – a future second-round pick was tentatively raised – to get the money out of their salary cap. The approach, called "salary dumping", is common in American sports.

The clubs sought advice from the AFL's Ken Wood over the salary dump suggestion. The league rejected the proposal"

Adelaide had their draft picks cut out for the first and second round because Tippett had an agreement to be traded to whoever he wanted for a second round pick.

If they are influencing the draft to land pick #2, then I'd expect both St Kilda and Adelaide to lose their first and second round picks.

Now that would be a moment in footy history. Picks #1 and #2 disappear, North traded us #2 for Hogan and our first pick next season. Suddenly we went from pick #3 to pick #1.

What a story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back