List Mgmt. 2020 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Part 1

The thread is continued in part 2:

Dont want Blakley next year.

Schultz is a must keep would rather trade Switkowszki as he is down in the pecking order

Switched on trade radio there for a while. They are actually taking the piss with the amount of ads this year.
The most notable thing so far is that North Melbourne and Adelaide offered Dusty Martin $11m over 7 seasons in 2017.

Last edited:
Switched on trade radio there for a while. They are actually taking the piss with the amount of ads this year.
The most notable thing so far is that North Melbourne and Adelaide offered Dusty Martin $11m over 7 seasons in 2017.

can’t bring myself to do it yet... trash radio

Silvagni was on with Cornes last night and some kid called in with a question in their last 5 mins about Dockers needs this trade period. Conversation went something like this:

Kane (who has some knowledge of freo to be fair): I reckon they have a nicely balanced young list actually.
SOS: Um.. eh, I not that familiar with their needs actually.. um... something something.. youth.. Brayshaw... eh?
Kane: Serong?
SOS: Yes Serong! Um.. exciting future for the dockers.. (obviously couldn’t think of any other player)
Kane: who might they target SOS?
SOS: um.. eh.. I don’t know... (probably gets a prompt from a producer).. oh I see that they delisted Matera, that’s interesting, what about a small forward? There’s that guy from GWS - Langdon, could be a good fit for the dockers I reckon.
Yep - they need a small forward don’t they?

Kane: (eventually putting SOS out of his misery) I actually think a ruck/key forward is a need for the Dockers this off season, Sean Darcy would likely need support next year?

SOS:.... (silence)

SOS Privately thinking: Who the * is Sean Darcy? Actually, who the hell even are the Dockers? Can we just get back to Josh Dunkley and Brad Crouch and my sons please? I didn’t come in here to talk about players I’ve never heard of!

Trade radio in a nutshell.

Silvagni was on with Cornes last night and some kid called in with a question in their last 5 mins about Dockers needs this trade period. Conversation went something like this:

Kane (who has some knowledge of freo to be fair): I reckon they have a nicely balanced young list actually.
SOS: Um.. eh, I not that familiar with their needs actually.. um... something something.. youth.. Brayshaw... eh?
SOS: Yes Serong! Um.. exciting future for the dockers.. (obviously couldn’t think of any other player)
SOS: um.. eh.. I don’t know... (probably gets a prompt from a producer).. oh I see that they delisted Matera, that’s interesting, what about a small forward? There’s that guy from GWS - Langdon, could be a good fit for the dockers I reckon.

Kane: (eventually putting SOS out of his misery) I actually think a ruck/key forward is a need for the Dockers this off season, Sean Darcy would likely need support next year?

SOS Privately thinking: Who the fu** is Sean Darcy? Actually, who the hell even are the Dockers? Can we just get back to Josh Dunkley and Brad Crouch and my sons please? I didn’t come in here to talk about players I’ve never heard of!

Yeah that was actually ridiculous

Hackdorn doing his usually rambling this morning talking absolutely nonsense. Actually no way Eagles can have a better cap than we do

who would be on big Money for us apart from Fyfe Walters Lobb and Hogan?

also in regards to Mundy if we were to give him another year you’d think he’s be offered a minimal contract and he’d be willing to take a pay cut.

Hackdorn doing his usually rambling this morning talking absolutely nonsense. Actually no way Eagles can have a better cap than we do

also in regards to Mundy if we were to give him another year you’d think he’s be offered a minimal contract and he’d be willing to take a pay cut.
The whole salary cap storyline is only semi-true. Triggers still have to be taken into account with salary cap, otherwise teams would work the system.

SOS Privately thinking: Who the fu** is Sean Darcy? Actually, who the hell even are the Dockers? Can we just get back to Josh Dunkley and Brad Crouch and my sons please? I didn’t come in here to talk about players I’ve never heard of!

Don't be surprised if Jacks on his way to Freo! i smell something fishy

The average salary cap profile looks like this:
Average is $363,000

1.7 players paid $0 to $100,000 ----------- 4% (4% cumulative)
9.2 players paid $100,001 to $200,000 --- 24% (28% cumulative)
6.9 players paid $200,001 to $300,000 --- 18% (46% cumulative)
6.9 players paid $300,001 to $400,000 --- 18% (64% cumulative)
5.9 players paid $400,001 to $500,000 --- 15% (79% cumulative)
2.7 players paid $500,001 to $600,000 --- 7% (86% cumulative)
2.3 players paid $600,001 to $700,000 --- 6% (92% cumulative)
1.6 players paid $700,001 to $800,000 --- 4% (96% cumulative)
0.9 players paid $800,001 to $900,000 --- 2% (98% cumulative)
0.4 players paid $900,001 to $1,000,000 - 1% (99% cumulative)
0.22 players paid $1,000,001 to $1,100,000
0.16 players paid $1,100,001 to $1,200,000
0.11 players paid $1,200,000+

Having one player earning above a million a season (Nathan Fyfe) puts us at twice the league average.

But this should be helpful in taking punts on what players are on, although the league average is $363,000 the majority of players don't earn that with almost half of all players earning less than $300,000 a year.

It would be so sweet if we did absolutely nothing this trade period.

We keep our (troubled but) talented KPP for one last chance. We take another top ten pick to the draft along with Walker, Western and a speculative winger/ruckman. I would give this an A+
please let this be true Santa. I'll be good all November.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond have a WA midfielder we need more.
Richmond aren’t giving us Bolton for Hogan in a million years. You don’t win 3 flags making list decisions like that. But I do think a player needs to be a part of the trade to help us salvage some currency and save face a bit. Higgins is talented and has plenty of upside, a young player with great character and we need a decent small forward.

What about a player swap - Hogan for Jack Higgins with maybe some picks to even it up?
No way I might sound like a dick because of what he has been through but since he had brain surgery he hasn't been the same. he is fringe at best now for Richmond before he was easily best 22.

The post has meaning but you just don't agree with what it says.

Subjective conjecture is exactly what trade week and the draft is about for teams. Making a judgement without having all the information.
This was the bit I was referring to:

Do we really want him to play 11 games next year to trigger that 2 year extension and massive payrise?

He doesn’t deserve it.

That’s a very subjective generalisation (a better word to use that conjecture in hindsight, but still conjecture).

Personally - I would love him to play 11 games next year to be able to trigger an extension. JLo has already shown he won’t play him if he thinks he’s not ready. So he’ll either play 11 games because he’s stayed out of trouble, stayed uninjured, his mental health has remained in a good place - or he won’t, for whatever reasons.

If he plays, plays well, kicks goals, then IMO he’s earns an extension. He’ll deserve it.

Richmond aren’t giving us Bolton for Hogan in a million years. You don’t win 3 flags making list decisions like that. But I do think a player needs to be a part of the trade to help us salvage some currency and save face a bit. Higgins is talented and has plenty of upside, a young player with great character and we need a decent small forward.
Liam Baker goes ok

For those lucky enough to not hear this today.

Can someone please explain these back ended contracts that Hagdorn keeps banging on about?

The funny thing from this conversation was that Jack Petruccelle was given a three year contract extension by the Eagles. :laughing:

If they do trade Jesse, would like to see the club issue a statement as to why - they owe the fans just as much. I know they tend to avoid looking bad in the media at all costs but it cant be anymore embarrassing than the current situation as it stands

If they do trade Jesse, would like to see the club issue a statement as to why - they owe the fans just as much. I know they tend to avoid looking bad in the media at all costs but it cant be anymore embarrassing than the current situation as it stands

Never going to happen. It's their duty of care to protect his already battered image from the scrounging media's greedy mitts.

For those lucky enough to not hear this today.

Can someone please explain these back ended contracts that Hagdorn keeps banging on about?

The funny thing from this conversation was that Jack Petruccelle was given a three year contract extension by the Eagles. :laughing:
For someone like Fyfe you got a 6 year deal over 6 years or what every it whas

he was paid less in the first 3 years so he is paid more in the final 3.

you’d think West coast have more of an issue with all their big names

kelly Yeo shuey Gaff McGovern darling etc

I am truly gobsmacked that Norf aren’t interested in Blakely. Most of their list are under 22, they’ve just sacked their coach, delisted 11 players, are trading Ben Brown and Higgins is off to Geelong.

Who is going to want to go there, unless they are being squeezed out of their current club? Plus, I think Blakely is seriously kidding himself if he wants to force his way back into the 22. The only way he doesn’t leave us is if no one wants him. What is going on at North?

Blakley isn’t anywhere near the level he was in 2017 (pre-injuries), but he turns 25 right at the start of next season, he’s big bodied and at the very least could provide some protection to the young guys coming through.

I hope Mundy doesn't get a pay cut. He deserves every dollar. Send him off into the sunset with a cool 735k

I would get behind a David Mundy appreciation kickstarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back