Daddoo

Master Chef
Oct 31, 2015
Chicago
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers Milwaukee Brewers
Does anyone know how reduced list sizes vs salary cap play into the equation?

we must all think that Mundy should be a shoe in for a new contract but is still waiting. Lots of people are worried about hogan but how screwed would we be without Mundy next year?.

As screwed as we were this year when Fyfe and Walters played forward? It would force our kids to take another step up. Valente still needs a crack at it. Cerra and Brayshaw will take big steps next year. Time to join the big boys club.

I’d love for Mundy to be back but I’d also love for his salary to go towards bringing in a younger player that fills a bigger need. ie. a winger or key forward.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
As screwed as we were this year when Fyfe and Walters played forward? It would force our kids to take another step up. Valente still needs a crack at it. Cerra and Brayshaw will take big steps next year. Time to join the big boys club.

I’d love for Mundy to be back but I’d also love for his salary to go towards bringing in a younger player that fills a bigger need. ie. a winger or key forward.

I agree. But, Walters and Fyfe both played midfield, not wing. I posted a question about the potential availability of Robertson at the Lions. Adding Valente and Robertson to the midfield allows Fyfe forward. And with Daniher heading North, there is a squeeze coming to that club.

purpleburple

Rookie
Oct 30, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Joel Corey has taken his place.

how much onfield leadership did mundy provide this year when fyfe wasnt in the clearances? If mundy goes out are we missing a big bodied mid to protect the youngsters?

Daddoo

Master Chef
Oct 31, 2015
Chicago
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers Milwaukee Brewers
how much onfield leadership did mundy provide this year when fyfe wasnt in the clearances? If mundy goes out are we missing a big bodied mid to protect the youngsters?

Never said he didn’t. I’m just saying that sometimes when you ask players to step up, they do. I don’t buy into that nostalgia stuff. I have the philosophy that you get rid of a player one year too early than one year too late. I guess I have more confidence in our young midfield than you.

One_Wing

Premiership Player
Jan 10, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
If Hogan goes, we basically threw away King and Bobby for nothing.

Let that sink in
11z1ze3jthc41.jpg

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
AP to full forward yes or no?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Possible but his kicking for goal was dreadful. No I mean worse than dreadful. I’d prefer Cox forward who’s kicking was average but showed great potential in the position and should’ve improved.

In any case, it’ll only be if we’re desperate- Tabs and Lobb can do the job.

Madas

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Still reckon Young is " young" enough to mould into a forward .
He's got all the key assets IMO and our back line operates just fine without him

kp junior

Premiership Player
Nov 3, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
freo
Amuses me the comments from not so long ago about the sin of playing players out of position, yet now posters are proposing Pearce as a forward. And I'm a supporter of innovation.

Wasn’t he a forward as a junior?
I’d say it’s Pearce or Cox unless we trade for someone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back