List Mgmt. 2020 List Management II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOS on SEN says pick #7 (which will probably end up as #10) should be on the table for Saad. Doesn't think the pick split will happen.
Says we will need to look at the trade period outcomes as a whole and not over analyse individual deals.
CB

Our fixation with landing an A grader this year is going to potential cost us. We will be in a much better position to snare either Merrett or Oliver next year. Forcing a trade now is disrupting us from pursuing other more pressing needs like small and medium forwards. Also if Collingwood cant trade Treloar they are going to have to offload De Goey at a discounted price. We need to be ready to pounce on his reduced trade price.

Would also like us to do an Essendon and act as spoilers and offer Richmond a more competitive trade deal than St Kilda for Higgins. Those two combined will cost us less in draft picks than Oliver and make a bigger impact to our success in my opinion.

Here is my left field trade idea.
A 3 way trade between Carlton, Collingwood and Fremantle.

Carlton get Treloar and we pay 100% of his salary.
Collingwood get Hogan the forward they need and save some cap space.
Fremantle get McGovern that IMO is a good fit for them and they could probably get the best out of him as a swingman.
How about no.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't recall mentioning Kennedy anywhere in my post, Moody. Perhaps you can go back to the hat, see if you can pull another name out this time that had relevance to post I made, hmm?
Just looking at the options. Put Treloar into the team and we start to look like a Top 4-6 team.

Our fixation with landing an A grader this year is going to potential cost us. We will be in a much better position to snare either Merrett or Oliver next year. Forcing a trade now is disrupting us from pursuing other more pressing needs like small and medium forwards. Also if Collingwood cant trade Treloar they are going to have to offload De Goey at a discounted price. We need to be ready to pounce on his reduced trade price.

Would also like us to do an Essendon and act as spoilers and offer Richmond a more competitive trade deal than St Kilda for Higgins. Those two combined will cost us less in draft picks than Oliver and make a bigger impact to our success in my opinion.
Wait another 2 years for maybe Oliver? Go for Treloar now. You can't have everybody. De Goey will go elsewhere.

What is with the massive fixation with trading McGovern? I agree he has had his struggles but lets look at our key forward depth

Curnow
McKay
McGovern
Casboult

Now how many of the above would you back to get through a full 22 game season without breaking down.

The only one I would back would be the 30 year old Casboult.

What is with the massive fixation with trading McGovern? I agree he has had his struggles but lets look at our key forward depth

Curnow
McKay
McGovern
Casboult

Now how many of the above would you back to get through a full 22 game season without breaking down.

The only one I would back would be the 30 year old Casboult.

Add:
JSos
TDK

Our KP forward options, as they stand today are good to go long term.

If pick swaps fall through with Geelong or Brisbane, I wonder if we might do something like this with Collingwood:

7+ 2021 2nd (32ish)

For

14 + 2021 1st (12ish) from Collingwood.

14 will be pushed out to about 17-18.

Trade that for Saad.

Have a 2nd and 3rd this year

Have 2 X 1st in 2021 for drafting or trading.

Collingwood wood have a 1st round FS (Daicos) next year so their 1st will get swallowed up by that. Might want to use currency this year.

Thoughts?

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Similarly to our conversation(s) with Dow, have you been following any of the seconds game reports?

Those games have been played without wings, forcing him inside. Apparently, he's doing okay, but he has to continue to work on that side of his game; this should come as no surprise, because even after 3 seasons he's still only 78kg, about 3-4 short of where he should be as a standard AFL midfielder.

These games might be a bit mickey mouse, but if it means he gets genuine time working on deficiencies...

Those games don't mean much to me. Very low level of physicality and intensity. Exact opposite to AFL. Good that he's doing ok but ok in those games is still a long way off.

If he develops that's great but you have to be physical and strong to get a gig in an AFL midfield and do well and I'm doubting he ever will be. Possibly, but at this stage he's a long way off.

I would give him a good run in the forward line. His physical attributes and skilset are more inline there.

Newnes and Walsh are far more in line with good AFL wingmen. Hard runners, tough as hell and strong.

They would need to get Crouch as a free agent and their #14 has to be the deal with something going back their way
Higgins has out performed many of his counterparts from the 2017 draft including the #1 pick Cam Rayner

I'm hoping he stays he is very much a footballer with upside and X factor but just out of interest for you guys who probably have not watched him alot
We would all agree that Jack Martin has had a good year im thinking. just compare Jack Higgins (21 year old with no pre season and brain surgery late last year) career stats to Jack Martins 2020 stats. Think you might be surprised

Williams & Saad are big acquisitions, I'm very happy but agree with you Higgins would be Ok and deserves a place and to be playing footy.
Frankly Higgins and Constable both would be good outcomes for us , just let the ferals down easily though the big gun midfielder need is feber pitch.
Admittedly I been caught in the hype too easy to do.

Target & Value
Oliver - Pick 7 & 1st Pick 2021
Merrett - Pick 7 & 1st Pick 2021 > Merrett & 2021 Second round pick
JDG (Pending Court case on the 30/10), Pick 7 & 3rd rounder 2021 > JDG
Treloar - Pick 27
Phillips/ Higgins - 3rd rounder each

Decline
Wines - Over career goes at 49% by foot.. If we are going to hand over massive dollars and draft capital, i'd want someone with decent foot skills...
Anderson - Isn't an accumulator averages 17 disposals over career

Draft
Henry Walsh - Developing Ruckman, Geelong are keen with first rounder though.
James Rowe - Small Forward
Gibbons - Upgrade

Confirmed Trades
McGovern or 27 & Kennedy > Saad
FA > Williams

Pick Swaps
Pick 7 & 27 > Pick 11 & 18 Geelong
Pick 7 & 27 > Pick 16 & 17 Brisbane

I like Katmanblue's idea :thumbsu:
Pick 7 & 2nd round pick 2021 > Pick 14 & 1st round pick 2021 Collingwood

Target & Value
Oliver - Pick 7 & 1st Pick 2021
Merrett - Pick 7 & 1st Pick 2021 > Merrett & 2021 Second round pick
JDG (Pending Court case on the 30/10), Pick 7 & 3rd rounder 2021 > JDG
Treloar - Pick 27
Phillips/ Higgins - 3rd rounder each

Decline
Wines - Over career goes at 49% by foot.. If we are going to hand over massive dollars and draft capital, i'd want someone with decent foot skills...
Anderson - Isn't an accumulator averages 17 disposals over career

Draft
Henry Walsh - Developing Ruckman, Geelong are keen with first rounder though.
James Rowe - Small Forward
Gibbons - Upgrade

Confirmed Trades
McGovern or 27 & Kennedy > Saad
FA > Williams

Pick Swaps
Pick 7 & 27 > Pick 11 & 18 Geelong
Pick 7 & 27 > Pick 16 & 17 Brisbane

I like Katmanblue's idea :thumbsu:

You can't use that as a reason to decline Wines, yet be fine with having Oliver and Treloar...

Why?
Career by foot
Oliver 59% > Treloar 57% > Wines 49%

That's oversimplifying it to an extreme. You can't just look at the kicking percentages to determine if they're good by foot or not. All 3 are bad kicks, and the first 2 have their stats boosted by having any kick over 40m be considered effective.

That's oversimplifying it to an extreme. You can't just look at the kicking percentages to determine if they're good by foot or not. All 3 are bad kicks, and the first 2 have their stats boosted by having any kick over 40m be considered effective.
How do you come to that conclusion?

Agree with you that stats are not the be all and end all to go by,
but they give you a good indication specially when you rate them by position..

How do you justify Wines's 49% is equal to the others, unless he can not kick over 40m?

All 3 play the same position, so stats should be relative equal,
KE for that position among the A Graders on average is 55-60%..
Except Merrett and Neale they are 65% +..

How do you come to that conclusion?

Agree with you that stats are not the be all and end all to go by,
but they give you a good indication specially when you rate them by position..

How do you justify Wines's 49% is equal to the others, unless he can not kick over 40m?

All 3 play the same position, so stats should be relative equal,
KE for that position among the A Graders on average is 55-60%..
Except Merrett and Neale they are 65% +..

I'll agree that Wines is worse than the other two, but they're all degrees of bad. Especially Treloar, I'm honestly shocked his % is that high, and I think it's due to him kicking 40m+ a lot.

I'll agree that Wines is worse than the other two, but they're all degrees of bad. Especially Treloar, I'm honestly shocked his % is that high, and I think it's due to him kicking 40m+ a lot.
Yeah same couldn't believe Treloar..
They are career stats, maybe earlier on in his career he was a better kick and that boosted it up..

Here is my left field trade idea.
A 3 way trade between Carlton, Collingwood and Fremantle.

Carlton get Treloar and we pay 100% of his salary.
Collingwood get Hogan the forward they need and save some cap space.
Fremantle get McGovern that IMO is a good fit for them and they could probably get the best out of him as a swingman.

That is glorious! Do you mind if I call TR tomorrow with this?

Lions are looking to create a 3 pronged forward setup; hence their pursuit of Daniher. We've already got three x-factor forwards in CC, Harry, and MCG yet some supporters are intent on getting rid of MCG. Freaky.

Lions are looking to create a 3 pronged forward setup; hence their pursuit of Daniher. We've already got three x-factor forwards in CC, Harry, and MCG yet some supporters are intent on getting rid of MCG. Freaky.
Gov ... X factor ? ... please elaborate ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back