CJMB

Premiership Player
Aug 30, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Should be 2 list spots, one of which will cover an LTI

2 spine players thanks
So with McDonald, Moore & Maher (Triple M?) training with us and assuming we're not going to pluck another player out from somewhere left-field... that'd be giving Moore another shot, right?...

Karma Train

Debutant
Oct 29, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
So with McDonald, Moore & Maher (Triple M?) training with us and assuming we're not going to pluck another player out from somewhere left-field... that'd be giving Moore another shot, right?...
If we have 2 spots then Oscar is a no brainer....I just don't see the attraction with Moore at all. Would prefer to take a risk on Maher personally

CJMB

Premiership Player
Aug 30, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
If we have 2 spots then Oscar is a no brainer....I just don't see the attraction with Moore at all. Would prefer to take a risk on Maher personally
I have to agree there, Winkler.

I'm not sure how much extra Moore would offer as forward/ruck coverage (ie say Levi has to go down back or is out himself) over just throwing someone like Jack in there for a bit. He's certainly not an option to play as the actual ruckman if for some reason we've lost all of TDK, Pitto, Levi. Would rather chuck Jones in or go undersized with maybe a Jack & Mitch combo or any other similar permutations.

Coona Blues

Director of Coaching
Nov 3, 2011
Bundaberg, Qld
AFL Club
Carlton
I would take McDonald, then wait for the mid season draft
We have one actual spot, with many assuming we would use another spot for an LTI replacement. We need the KPP coverage now. McDonald is a no brainer, agreed. If we wait for mid season, it is to be hoped there is no LTI spot with come mid year.
personally if Maher shows as much as hoped, he should get a gig now and address his position if we have no vacancy come mid year, surely he could at worst revert to the second tier squad.

Like many I believe Moore to be a waste. Proved with Richmond and with us that he could be a damaging second tier player, but not up to the big league. McDonald could provide decent coverage for a number of years so is by far the better decision. Moore has suitors elsewhere who can probably give him a decent career path for the foreseeable future. Not enough known of Maher’s impact, although in one Weiters presser he was at pains to identify Maher by name.

Arr0w

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
We have one actual spot, with many assuming we would use another spot for an LTI replacement. We need the KPP coverage now. McDonald is a no brainer, agreed. If we wait for mid season, it is to be hoped there is no LTI spot with come mid year.
personally if Maher shows as much as hoped, he should get a gig now and address his position if we have no vacancy come mid year, surely he could at worst revert to the second tier squad.

Like many I believe Moore to be a waste. Proved with Richmond and with us that he could be a damaging second tier player, but not up to the big league. McDonald could provide decent coverage for a number of years so is by far the better decision. Moore has suitors elsewhere who can probably give him a decent career path for the foreseeable future. Not enough known of Maher’s impact, although in one Weiters presser he was at pains to identify Maher by name.
Unless the club can identify Maher as a long term prospect in the game, I wouldn't select him. Take McDonald, put Kemp on the LTI and take a spine player mid year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ash24

All Australian
Nov 3, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne United
Would dominate at that level. Had plenty of highlights last year in the scratchies & was involved a lot in the intra-club just gone.
Plenty of times he kicked bags of 4 or 5 in the scratch matches. At the end of the day he ended up playing games for us, and I wish him all the best in the future.

Ash24

All Australian
Nov 3, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne United
Should be 2 list spots, one of which will cover an LTI

2 spine players thanks
Our biggest priority is KPD depth. Although not a perfect option, right now I'll take OMac with my eyes closed. If Charlie goes on the LTI list, then a KPF will be our priority with that list spot.

Next trade/draft period, we definitely need to look at some more options to support our spine. Especially if Jones/Levi plan on hanging up the boots in the next few seasons, young KPPs need several years in the system to develop first.

The Bighouse

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
From the HS on Oliver’s contract for next season & not being opened up yet (Gawn has) and Clarry being linked to CFC last off-season.

Melbourne hoping to sign Max Gawn, Clayton Oliver to new deals

“Clubs like Carlton still have significant salary cap space and the desire to bring in strong midfielders in the mould of Zach Merrett or Oliver to help Patrick Cripps and Sam Walsh.”

Remove this Banner Ad