List Mgmt. 2020 List Management II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But he's struggled so far in that role at senior level. I'm sure his marking will improve, and he'll be a decent resting ruckman in time. But he's not yet unfortunately. And I don't think we're good enough to park a non-contributor in our forward line. Despite his form and fitness issues, I still think McGovern is our best option for a 3rd tall forward. (Followed by SOJ and Kennedy.)

Interestingly, not too many games this year when TDK had dry conditions

He still very much a colt trying to find his balance

But he's struggled so far in that role at senior level. I'm sure his marking will improve, and he'll be a decent resting ruckman in time. But he's not yet unfortunately. And I don't think we're good enough to park a non-contributor in our forward line. Despite his form and fitness issues, I still think McGovern is our best option for a 3rd tall forward. (Followed by SOJ and Kennedy.)
Our best option for a third tall is Kemp or is not yet on the list, IMO.

Jesus Sos not helping carltons cause much , Saying pick #7 needs to be the main part of the deal for saad and its upto carlton to get the deal done
I was surprised to hear him take that line.
Where did he say this? Probably just using his experience of dealing with Dodo and understanding if he wants pick 7, there is a good chance we need to be prepared to part with it. I always thought pick 7 was gone, the more interesting thing is what comes back.

The Dunkley trade does make things a tad more interesting, Because Dogs won’t be giving him up for free and looks as the most difficult trade of the offseason, Dodo might need to get the Saad deal done early so he can work on Dunkley. FWIW I think pick 7 for Saad & Daniher compo is fair.

Fraser Turner has been delisted from Richmond, and is worthy of consideration. Needs a tiny bit of work on his ball drop, but knows how to use the footy and has a unique combination of running patterns, endurance and speed.

Position?

Where did he say this? Probably just using his experience of dealing with Dodo and understanding if he wants pick 7, there is a good chance we need to be prepared to part with it. I always thought pick 7 was gone, the more interesting thing is what comes back.

The Dunkley trade does make things a tad more interesting, Because Dogs won’t be giving him up for free and looks as the most difficult trade of the offseason, Dodo might need to get the Saad deal done early so he can work on Dunkley. FWIW I think pick 7 for Saad & Daniher compo is fair.
Daniher compo is before our pick, I'll take it 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doc jones plow
Saad weiters Newman
Sps cripps willo
Martin Charlie McGovern
Fisher McKay Betts
Pitt Williams Walsh

Marchy tdk Ed setters
Murphy cuningham Jack Kennedy gibbons newnes Levi Philp
honey cottrell Kemp stocker
owies Ramsay Phillips

That’s looks okay
No other players in except for Williams and Saad

Dow O’Brien gone. I’m not sure I’d have either high up that list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesus Sos not helping carltons cause much , Saying pick #7 needs to be the main part of the deal for saad and its upto carlton to get the deal done
I was surprised to hear him take that line.
We'd hope that Austin would have a steelier resolve than to trade 7 for Saad just because his predecessor said so on TR, like Cooney's megatrades, it ultimately should carry little weight.

Difference between me and you. Is I call it like I see it....you call it like it everybody else sees it.

Hampson looked 'possible' at times, but it's not often you see someone so lost on the ground.

Like your visionary comments about us being closer to a spoon rather than finals half way through the Swans game

Reactionary has many friends

Come on Arrow. Don't become one of those sly posters whose objective is to track other posters, just in order to knock them.

It's really poor form. Just stick to football on a football forum.

What is with the massive fixation with trading McGovern? I agree he has had his struggles but lets look at our key forward depth

Curnow
McKay
McGovern
Casboult

Now how many of the above would you back to get through a full 22 game season without breaking down.

The only one I would back would be the 30 year old Casboult.
McGovern has been a huge disappointment. He has failed to justify his huge salary and continually hear that his training standards and commitment are not what you would expect of an elite player. You would think that being around players like Cripps & Walsh and watching how hard they train and leaving nothing in their preparation would inspire him. Alas no. If they can trade him, then do it. Lots of options available..

Casboult has been battered all his career mainly for his poor kicking (his junior coaches should hang their heads in shame) and he has been played out of posiiton, but he gives everything and is a Clydesdale, just keeps fronting week in and week out.

Arrow, Carlton finished 11th which is 7 spots from a wooden spoon and 9 spots from a place in a grandfinal. My statement is fact

No no Michael your comment was spoon v finals, not flag

You also said

Doesn't look like we have huge concerns given quality players are wanting in

So please, stop making out you are some visionary

Difference between me and you. Is I call it like I see it....you call it like it everybody else sees it.

Yeah nah, Thy swims upstream a hell of a lot. Too much sometimes.

I do think it is good for people to take on other opinions and take something away from them though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back