List Mgmt. 2021 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

We have one actual spot, with many assuming we would use another spot for an LTI replacement. We need the KPP coverage now. McDonald is a no brainer, agreed. If we wait for mid season, it is to be hoped there is no LTI spot with come mid year.
personally if Maher shows as much as hoped, he should get a gig now and address his position if we have no vacancy come mid year, surely he could at worst revert to the second tier squad.

Like many I believe Moore to be a waste. Proved with Richmond and with us that he could be a damaging second tier player, but not up to the big league. McDonald could provide decent coverage for a number of years so is by far the better decision. Moore has suitors elsewhere who can probably give him a decent career path for the foreseeable future. Not enough known of Maher’s impact, although in one Weiters presser he was at pains to identify Maher by name.

Unless the club can identify Maher as a long term prospect in the game, I wouldn't select him. Take McDonald, put Kemp on the LTI and take a spine player mid year

Would dominate at that level. Had plenty of highlights last year in the scratchies & was involved a lot in the intra-club just gone.
Plenty of times he kicked bags of 4 or 5 in the scratch matches. At the end of the day he ended up playing games for us, and I wish him all the best in the future.

Should be 2 list spots, one of which will cover an LTI

2 spine players thanks
Our biggest priority is KPD depth. Although not a perfect option, right now I'll take OMac with my eyes closed. If Charlie goes on the LTI list, then a KPF will be our priority with that list spot.

Next trade/draft period, we definitely need to look at some more options to support our spine. Especially if Jones/Levi plan on hanging up the boots in the next few seasons, young KPPs need several years in the system to develop first.

Are Charlie kemp and Newman our only three players with knee injuries? Compared to other clubs is this an unusually high number?
Those two questions don't fit together somehow.

From the HS on Oliver’s contract for next season & not being opened up yet (Gawn has) and Clarry being linked to CFC last off-season.

Melbourne hoping to sign Max Gawn, Clayton Oliver to new deals

“Clubs like Carlton still have significant salary cap space and the desire to bring in strong midfielders in the mould of Zach Merrett or Oliver to help Patrick Cripps and Sam Walsh.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ex Pie and Crow, Ben Crocker has been added to the player training with us.

Can't be any worse than when we picked up Bugg just for him to bugger off a few days later but with only 1 spot as of now, would it be worth using on Crocker? Need OMac if it's those two against eachother. Callum Moore and Maher will probably join the VFL ressies if that's the case.

Crocker is a quality player who has had a tough few years because of family circumstances - Adelaide was probably not the best choice for him after he was cut from Collingwood- which in the context of what has happened since doesn't mean much. All the best to him if he makes our list.

Crocker is a quality player who has had a tough few years because of family circumstances - Adelaide was probably not the best choice for him after he was cut from Collingwood- which in the context of what has happened since doesn't mean much. All the best to him if he makes our list.
he could add to what is a fairly notable shift in (potential?) small forward depth over the past couple of years...

Eddie, Fish, Gibbons, Fogarty, Durdin, Cuningham, Murphy, Honey, Owies, Crocker...

Feels like not that long ago we were hanging our hopes on Pickett, Garlett, Polson, Lamb...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back